Revlon Cushion-Grip Lash Curler

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Eyelash curlers are hard to review because whether they work for you or not entirely depends on your preferences and your eye shape.

Personally, I have smaller, hooded eyes, and this was a nightmare to use. It had too much curve, and that made it extremely difficult for me to curl all my lashes, especially the ones at the outer corner. It also meant that I kind of had to really push this up against my eye in order for my lashes to even be reached.

After many years of sticking with this eyelash curler, I've moved on to bigger and better things.

[1]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good, basic no-frills eyelash curler. I like that it doesn't have a spring, as that's what snapped on my last eyelash curler. I didn't think the rubber grips were necessary at first, but it does help in giving a better grip (it would totally suck if your fingers "slipped" while curling your lashes.. yeesh). The pad has even lasted me a while (others I've owned would've been "cut" into by now) and I still have a replacement pad. I haven't had to call in to request replacement pads yet, but I heard that Revlon sends those for free--you just need to call in to request them. So that's a winner in my book.

I think it's a great eyelash curler for this price point, but to be honest, I've never tried the pricier eyelash curlers, so I don't even know how those could be "better" for the purpose that this product serves. *shrug* It gets the job done. Thanks for reading!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought I'de try one more eyelash curler since Revlon messed around with the original no frills silver tone one I used for years!
This looks like such a contraption! The exposed spring and the noise it makes when I use it feels like a torture device.
The whole point is this...I didn't curl my lashes! Yah a bit, but still not a nice curl that lasts also, the back plate on this tends to remove the liner I have applied. It comes with a refill pad, blah, blah, blah. Stick a fork in me!...I'm off to Sephora to buy the Shiseido ...Wish me luck.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

best eyelash curler ive tried! i bought it when i was 12, a novice to the beauty world, buying my first eyelash curler. i dont remember the exact price, but i know it was dirt cheap. i can get all the way to the base of my eyelashes, gives a nice pretty curl that lasts all day. painless to use, because mine is 3 years old sometimes a corner eyelash gets stuck but it can be (relatively) easily extracted. again, thats because my curler is a little old and gone through a bit of wear and tear.
all in all; good solid lash curler.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this eyelash curler! It is only the second one I have tried, but I don't need to try any more as I have found my HG curler. The grip on the handle is a nice touch, and my eyelashes always curl with this! The curl stays for a long time, and it never crimps or damages my eyelashes. I spent $3.00 Canadian on it, yet I would spend a lot more!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First, let's get the bad news out of the way: though they look interchangeable, not all lash curlers are created equal (see my ELF review). The good news is, I've learned that you don't necessarily need a Shu Uemera budget to spare your fringe and your pain sensors. I'm about as Asian as a kilted bagpiper, but due to the specific shape of my eyes (narrow, fairly hooded--Lucy Liu meets Jennifer Lawrence), I often look to Asian girls for eye makeup advice, and a Thai-American acquaintance suggested I try this while I'm hitting up Ebay to bid on the (alleged) HG Shu contraption. So far, it's been an impressive ride. The spring mechanism seems random to the max, but it's nowhere near as bulky, unweildy or destructive as the Sally Hansen and ELF models. Rather, it's just big enough to capture all my lashes in a single squeeze, I've pinched myself a whopping one time (which was just me being a klutz), and I haven't lost a single lash. Best of all, it arranges my lashes in a soft, feathery upsweep rather than a 90-degree zigzag. Don't misunderstand, I plan to get my hands on the S.U. before year's end, but good old Revlon has made this a quest of curiosity rather than desperation.

I usually love Revlon products, but this eyelash curler just agitated me to no end. It kept pinching my eyelids sometimes if i wasn't careful. It was hard to keep clean cause i re-curl my eyelashes sometimes so my mascara sticks all over it and i found it kept getting gunky in the sides and even soaking it in hot water didn't help. They also don't sell the cushion pads for these separately, so you had to buy a whole new one because i bought other cushion pads, thinking they'd fit, yeah they don't. But i did like how i could curl my lashes from the base, instead of getting my eyelashes going all over the place.

I really like this curler, because it's not more curved and so fits my eyes better than others I've tried. That way the lashes on the outside of my eyes actually curl at the base and not near the tip.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I have really stubborn asian eyes, so many curlers don't work for me. This one, it does the job, but but after a while it straightens again. Even though it doesn't have the effeft i want, it works pretty well, and the price is low.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is an OK lash curler for me. Like many other reviewers, I had problems with it pinching my eyelid if I was not careful. And I had to go easy with it or end up with bizarrely bent eyelashes. But what really made me cranky was not being able to find replacement pads. So I had to discard this one and buy a whole new one - must be one of the many ways Revlon maximizes its profits. And no, I did not buy the same kind to replace this one.