Guerlain Bois d Armenie

Guerlain Bois d Armenie

4.3

on 7/22/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Musty, dusty, papery, sweet, spicey, and smoky. I love it!

on 5/4/2010 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is a very thoughful fragrance from Guerlain, very pricey too. I love incense/smoke notes in my perfumes but this one just did not do it for me. It is a very restrained composition, unmistakeably Guerlain in all ways but for the sillage and lasting power. The lovely waft of sweet incense disappears on my skin within 15 minutes even after 8 generous spritzes. If this were kicked up to have more oomph I would have bought a full bottle for certain. Classic and beautiful as it is, it would be a profound waste of money for me. What's the point of making a great scent that doesn't stick around. Guerlain dropped the ball on this one.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/19/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bois d'Armenie is a beautiful scent. However, it gets a bit too heavy on me. I wouldn't quite describe it as "sour" as others have, but more like I'm wearing my father's Aramis. It's elegant but not for me.

on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 PM

I know a fragrance approaches HG status when I inhale its scent, close my eyes with contentment while simultaneously being transported to a blissful state. Not many scents can do this for me. Cuir Beluga is one, Bois d'Armenie is another.

Part of the L'Art et la Matiere line, this fragrance opens quite reminiscent of Cuir Beluga--benzoin and creamy vanilla, with no sharp edges. As it develops, I detect light smoke, incense, sweet woods and a hint of patchouli--soft, subtle, etherial, comforting. The scent only improves and becomes achingly beautiful the longer it is on my skin.

The drydown is the BEST close-to-the-skin scent I have ever encountered. It is my favorite part of the experience.

on 12/23/2009 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents. This is a beautiful incense fragrance with a 24 dry down (if you can wear the same shirt that long!) Love it.

on 10/17/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes: Top : incense, iris, pink pepper. Heart : Gaļac wood, benzoin, coriander leaves. Base : copahu balm, patchouli, white musk. Bois d'Armenie is lovely. Woody with a touch of sweetness and quite distinct. Perfect for fall.

on 4/12/2009 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lucky me to not get sickly sweet or burning plastic. This is my new favorite: Incense smoke, wood, paper, sheer patchouli that’s barely there. Almost gourmand in a wood-and-French-egg-vanilla-smoke way. Heavy on the benzoin. I love it. I'm looking for more. EDIT: Talked my DH into buying me this at the Epcot Florida boutique. It will be a birthday present, because of the expense, but I'm so excited! loving my little decant, I'm very happy that the full bottle is in my future! (yes, he's making me wait. sigh.)

on 7/8/2008 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Starts with a spike of coriander and iris, settles into a drydown of rich spiced play-doh. Very Guerlainesque and sophisticated, but not really for me--coriander is always a deal-breaker for me, and though I like benzoin, this much of it is too much.

on 3/3/2008 3:31:00 AM

Im glad I'm not the only one who's chemistry has betrayed her. I had really high hopes for this one but I could not scrub it off fast enough. I even applied it twice to make sure. It was worse the second time. On me, this smelled "sickly sweet" as another reviewer very aptly described below. It was like burning plastic. I am bummed this did not work on me but I guess my wallet thanks me.

on 2/19/2008 8:35:00 AM

Words are wholly inadequate to describe the beauty of this magnificent perfume. I've actually put off writing this review, because I'm consumed with the recognition that my words cannot adequately capture its exquisite beauty, but here goes..... On me, BdA begins with notes of elegant patchouli (this is *not* headshop patch by any stretch of the imagination) and delicate smoke. A few minutes later, a light powdery essence emerges (if you're looking for Teint de Neige-strength powder, you won't find it here), along with a demure rose. I'm also picking up the cool whispers of iris. The drydown is completed by a snuggly combination of a gentle, elegant soft musk and a somewhat sweet woodsy essence (sandalwood or wenge, I'm not sure which). This is an elegant fragrance that moves effortlessly from day to night, from workweek to weekend, from wool to cashmere to silk. It is a true HG for me, and a scent I reach for over and over again, no matter my mood or the weather. It just makes me feel wonderful when I wear it. There are pricey perfumes that I will probably never re-purchase, but Bois d'Armenie is the best $200 I've ever spent, and I will gladly spend it again when this bottle runs dry.

Popular Fragrances