Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.3

on 5/28/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's packaging. I think the metal bottles are actually quite ugly, and I've had issues with them leaking when I've purchased full sizes. I'll never purchase a full size of Amour de Cacao, though, as the sample is disappointing enough. The scent is sooo weak, only lasting about five minutes on my skin. Seriously, five minutes tops. I get a faint whiff of weak cocoa and something like wafers. It reminds me of Milano cookies with the chocolate in the middle, but very weak and watered down. And then it's gone. Cocoa, vanilla, orange and starfruit sounds like it would be amazing, but this is just a whiff of weak chocolate wafer and then nothing.

i don't get the sophisticated dark chocolate + bitter orange.. on me, it smells like cocoa puffs, with maybe a faint hint of orange at the start. it didn't even develop from something darker into cocoa puffs. just straight-on cocoa puffs with milk! sweet and boring. it's nice enough (definitely not unpleasant.. i haven't found a person who hates this smell) but it smells exactly like serendipitous (which is cheaper). i won't repurchase because it's too expensive. if i ever wish to smell like cocoa puffs again, i'll just buy serendipitous instead.

on 12/18/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I was also disappointed with this one and ended up using as a room smell for the toilet.

on 12/18/2006 9:18:00 AM

This is an OK chocolate, with absolutely no staying power. The orange is also a little disconcerting and fights with the chocolate for recognition. It's sweet and sorta yummy, but there are so many chocolates out there that are on the same level, and a few that are infinitely better. I'd buy this if it were 50% cheaper but not for the price that it is.

I'm a big fan of gourmands, and I kept hearing about how nice this was. I was really hoping for a nice, rich, fine chocolate smell. I was sorely let down.

Amour de Cacao smells very little like cocoa, but, rather, the smell reminds me of the cheap, waxy smell of Godiva and Ghirardelli... actually, the more I think about it the "orange" smell actually combines with this to recreate the sour smell of Hershey's chocolate. There is also something very stale and plastic about the smell. SO pointed out that it smells like Post Coco Pebbles. Ugh.

This fragrance is disappointing, to say the least. After reading about its "oh-so-chocolate" attributes I ran out to try it. I'm a fan of fine chocolate and would love to have a fragrance that captures its aroma. However, from the initial spray to the sickening drydown, this fragrance smells like cheap chocolate (think Hershey or Godiva) and not the sublte, dark, full-bodied chocolate I'm used to. I suppose this fragrance appeals to kids and people used to those travesties of the cocao bean I mentioned above but I can't imagine how anyone, who knows what quality chocolate tastes or smells like, wouldn't think this a sad, coconut tainted mess.

This is a strange scent but I like it overall. I'm a huge fan of Comptoir Sud Pacifique so I would most likely buy their whole line.

Yummy. I'd have difficulty choosing between this and Serendipity. AdC is Coco Puffs eaten straight out of the box while Serendipity is the coco milk at the bottom that you drink when no one is looking. It's creamier, like a milk chocolate. AdC has a bit more of an edge to it. I would consider both chocolate scents to be must-haves for any chocolate scent lover.

I love this perfume!! Whenever I wear it people always comment; men in particular seem to really like it:). It is not overpowering in the least, in fact, on me, it smells a lot like a powdery vanilla, not overly chocolatey. I don't normally wear much perfume and don't like one that knocks you over the head before you even enter a room, and this one really suits me in that regard. It is sexy, subtle, and warm, and unlike any other perfume out there that I have smelled. Love this!!

on 5/4/2005 12:50:00 PM

This is the first fragrance I bought a full bottle of (and then another, and another...). The warm chocolate scent stays delicious through the dry-down, and I have received nothing but compliments over the years. This is my "go-to" fragrance when I am feeling stressed, the smell reminds me of baking cookies with the family and happy times.

Popular Fragrances