Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.5

on 6/27/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely fragrance, and I agree with other reviewers in that smells almost like Serendipitous (another fragrance I love). A chocolatey/vanilla fragrance with a hint of citrus. It smells like cookies/chocolate cake/baked goods on me, so if you like foody/gourmand fragrances, you'll probably like this one (as long as it works with your chemistry). It's not overpowering, which is good (some perfumes give me a headache). At first, you can smell the citrus, but then after the dry down the citrus fades into the background (can still smell it though) and you're left with the chocolate-vanilla scent. It has this slight smell of burnt sugar/caramel also which i absolutely love (this aspect reminds me of Pink Sugar). The only downside to this (and it's a pretty insignificant downside) is that i'm not a fan of the bottle, as mine tends to leak a little every time i spritz it (that may just be my bottle), and it's hard to see how much perfume you have left (unless you hold it up to a light, then you can see). One of the best aspects is that it has great staying power (on me at least), once i wore it all day and even showered and could still smell it, or i can put it on during one day, go to bed and wake up and still smell it!

on 12/11/2011 11:53:00 AM

This perfume is delicious! The opening smells like the chocolate outside of an Oreo cookie. Within a few minutes, it begins to dry down a bit and at that point, it smells more like the whole Oreo, with the creamy white middle. Truly, it smells as though I have taken the outside of a few Oreo cookies, crumbled them up and rubbed it on my skin. Amour De Cacao is really so simple and honest. Three parts dry, dark chocolate. Two parts milky vanilla. There is the tiniest whisper of something a wee-bit peppery. Is this the Carambola, (Star Fruit)?

This perfume is exactly what it claims to be- Love of Chocolate. It isn't challenging or complicated, but it is fun, wearable and interesting! And for something so seemingly sweet and foody, Amour De Cacao is not at all cloying, syrupy, heavy or juvenile. I enjoy many of CSP's perfumes and also find that they are versatile. They wear well alone or layered. For a richer, even sweeter treat, I have layered Amour with Vanille Coco or Vanille Extreme. To add some warmth and sweetness to Aloha Tiare, I have layered with this or Vanille Coco. The latter works especially well with Aloha, in keeping with the "beachy/floral/tropical" vibe.

Amour De Cacao is pleasant, complimentary and good for my mood. No doubt, it has satisfied more than a few urgent cravings for chocolate.

on 10/26/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm Amour de Cacao! I was going to write that this smells like Cocoa Puffs in milk before reading the other reviews. Well, I read them and I concur! But it's wonderful...just wonderful for a gourmand lover. This is not heavy or dark chocolate, it's not rich. It's light and airy with vanilla. It is gorgeous. I wore it today for the first time and receive instant compliments. LOVE IT!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PERFUME!.. I was looking for a chocolate-vanilla scent and i found it. This is a very sweet chocolate scent and it does smell like coco puffs but I LOVE IT! I'm also waiting on Serendipitous to see how that compares.. I will update if anything changes. The lasting power is okay, i can still smell it lingering on me but i doubt someone can smell it unless they are ALL UP IN my personal space. I will be repurchasing.

I am a huge CSP lover. I use this in the winter--it seems to me to be a little too heavy in the summer (but maybe that's just me). Like the previous reviewer, although I detect more chocolate in this (hence the "Cacao" in the name), many people think I'm wearing some type of vanilla fragrance. It is a very rich fragrance; as is the case with any of the CSP fragrances that I use, if I am standing in line in a store or on an elevator, I almost always hear people saying, "Do you smell that? It smells like cookies/waffle cones/ice cream/snickerdoodles...." When I admit that it's me, I am always asked what the name of the fragrance is--and then I proceed to butcher the name (my franšais leaves something to be desired....) Anyway, I do enjoy this fragrance very much. Highly recommended.

on 3/26/2008 10:32:00 PM

First off- I will start by saying I just recently fell in love with chocolate fragrances (But have always worn gourmand scents). Having said this, I received a sample of Serendiptious and fell hard for it. It had the perfect comfort zone for me, and invited my DH to snuggle closely with me... However, it was lacking staying power and intensity (Even though "I" enjoyed the subtley of it, I got annoyed when my DH said "i can barely smell it!) I almost bought a bottle until I bought a sample of Amour de cacao- and holy crap! This is EXACTLY what I wanted Serendiptious to be on me, and more! The lasting power is phenomenal on me, and my DH goes ga-ga for it! I find the orange is only present at first- and not overbearingly so, just a little bit.. then it fades to a milky chocolate, of which some say smells like cocoa puffs.. and truly it does!!! But I love it!!!!
This is definitely my new HG fragrance... I love it for my skin and hair!

I love this perfume. I always wear VA and when I ran out of my fourth bottle, I wanted to switch it up a little bit- I tried Aloha Tiare and I liked that one, but then my mom got this one. And I am SO in love. This is very food-y but very real. It doesn't smell artificial at all and the best part of it is that it helps curb my sweet tooth cravings =D no complaints here.

on 12/2/2006 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on bottle #2. I am a chocolate eater, and I want to smell chocolate all the time. Men say this smells like teddy grahams... which does not seem to be a bad thing to them. It just makes me happy. I only spray a little bit on myself, to avoid the overpowering scent. It is amazing when sprayed into a room because it lingers so wonderfully!

I love this fragrance! It just melts on my skin the way chocolate truffles melt in my mouth. It's fabulously delicious and very much reminds me of the way Nutella smells from the jar. The original hazelnut spread with a chocolaty taste by Ferrero. Makes me feel like a kid at a carnival. EDIT 11-27-06: this is more as an aside but I had to comment: This fragrance lasts and lasts. It's funny, I felt compelled to reapply a million times through the day, but the whole room smelled like me. This is not one of those scents makes your skin smell intensely of the fragrance you applied, but literally the whole room will smell it.

on 10/27/2006 6:43:00 PM

My first review! OK I don't own Amour de Cacao but I want to. Anytime I pass a Sephora and I have the time, I walk in, spray this on me and leave. Well, usually actually what I do is I spray Amour de Cacao, and then I spray Vanille Extreme on top of it. Then I leave. This is how I came to love this fragrance. One day when I had free time, I went to Sephora and took about 30 little card-sticks and sprayed each of them with a fragrance in the store. I wrote the names of the fragrance on the stick-part. Then I went home and gave myself a fragrance test. I smelled them all without looking at the names. Of course I had to take a lot of breaks to air out my nose. Let's just say I wasn't dating much at that time in my life. Yes, this is what I did with my Sat. nite. But I did have lots of fun. Finally I got it down to my top 5. And then to my #1. And it turned out to be Amour de Cacao. At that time Vanille Extreme did not exist, so I would spray a different Vanille on top of the ...Cacao. But now I spray this one. BTW, the others in my top 5 turned out to be three more from Comptoir (Vanille Abricot, Vanille Coco (coconut, not cocoa) and Lait Sucre (Sugar Milk). The fifth one was from another line, and the fragrance was called Sex on the Beach (I'm not sure if it was the original or the orange version).

Popular Fragrances