benefit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

2.2

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the worst beauty products I've ever used. Yes, it's a strong statement but for a product called "Dr. Feelgood", it did nothing to make me look or feel better. I bought this for about $40 CAN. The product is advertised as "a velvety complexion balm". Honestly, I bought it impulsively because of its packaging, which is a beautiful silver tin with a romantic vintage portrait printed on the lid.

I used it as a primer. Considering it's a solid, waxy substance, it made my skin feel heavy - even if I used a small amount. My makeup may have lasted a little longer, but it made me look "cakey" and feel like something on my face is weighing me down. This product is a no-no for any hot weather because you will look like a hot mess.

I used it for oil-control. I found that the sponge provided soaked oil, but the formula itself did nothing for me.

The bottom line is, don't waste your money. I've had it kicking around for ages before tossing in the trash. This velvety complexion balm did nothing but make my face look and feel cakey, so unless that's the look you're going for, don't go for it. Invest in a good primer or oil-control product like powders or blotting sheets. Also, I noticed that my acne increased after using it, so I stopped it for good after that breakout.

Love the packaging and the smell... But nothing else about it. Does not work.

First to make the review sounds fair, i need to explain that i live in the tropical country where heat and humid is one of my oily skin biggest enemy. And i can proudly say that this thing really does work well on my oily skin.... It doesnt break me out or dry the skin, it just keep the oil away for 12 hours straight ( yes i wear make up for quite long time due to my job) I used this goody stuff after moisturizer n sunscreen.... An though its pricey but i think its worth it, a little goes along away

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought Dr. Feelgood about 15 years ago. It was one of my first purchases from a high end makeup line after I got a "real" job, so that alone makes it memorable to me. It's also so terrible, bordering on useless, that it's still memorable to me all these years later. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but bad beauty product memories stay for life.

All these years later, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what this product is actually suppose to do. Dr. Feelgood is a clearish balm that comes in an irritating tin that is impossible to open and has sharp edges around the lid. It comes with a circular sponge that immediately attracts and holds on to every piece of fuzz, dirt or substance that it may come into contact with. You can actually feel the bacteria and other cooties growing on the sponge. The balm is supposedly some kind of miracle product that "finishes" your skin - blurs lines, diminishes large pores, sets makeup and all that jive. All I remember this doing is giving me an oddly greasy and waxy look. There was no finishing or blurring to speak of unless you consider having a layer of dryish, greasy wax on your face "finished". I also found it impossible to keep little hairs and dust off my face. Just like the sponge this comes with, Dr. Feelgood is a little hair and dust magnet. In retrospect, this is probably not a product for people with dry skin. It may work wonders on people who have very oily skin and need to blot throughout the day but this did nothing for me except make me look weird and dirty. That's rather the opposite look I've always gone for.

Even though I bought this many moons ago, I hung on to it for quite a long time because I couldn't reconcile that it was a dud. I tried making it work on and off for years but never could get the hang of it and never got used to the icky, filmy feeling. In a way, this product was prophetic of all the Benefit products I tried - they seem great in theory but like Lemon-Aid, BeneTint, BeneTint Balm, and You Rebel, they just don't translate for me. In fact, every time I see a new Benefit product that I think I might like, a memory of Dr. Feelgood comes flying back and I move on.

That said, this obviously works for some people out there as it's still a part of Benefit's line and I've read glowing reviews on Sephora, but this was a bad choice for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I haven't used this product much after college. However in high school and college, this was a life saver in regards to making my skin matte.

Worked well, but the tin is just frustrating to open up. Would recommend if one is looking for a product to wear by itself to mattify the skin.

Despite other reviews I really like this product. I have super oily skin and by the end of the day my skin is pretty shiny which causes my foundation to not sit well. I find when I put this under my foundation there is less oil by the end of the day, and my foundation stays in place.

it could be a great product, dependents on how you use it. I apply is with my fingers, and all you need is very little amount. I will try to heat it up first, let it melt on my finger tips, then apply onto my face. I make my face less oily, less shine, and looks smooth. Did did not really break me out, if i use very little amount, everything is fine. I am on my third box now. one box will last for a long time (for me, it last almost a year). anyway, everyone's skin is different, i will keep buying it as long as it does not break me out.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hated this. I used it as stated on the packaging - applying it over my makeup. I assumed this would be like a gel version of a translucent powder. I think that was the intention, but for me this left me actually shiny and greasy. I did not like how this smoothed on and instead it looked like I missed some spots. Very overpriced, useless product.

Shnnn.

Really wanted to love this. I got this with Playsticks and in the shop all was well. It stuck about!

But I just didn't like this.

Cons (for me)

The application. I'd prefer a pump.
The feel - Silky at first but can be quite flaky
The look - an hour of so in and it seems to be patchy in some areas

I did like the cute pot, as always, and I enjoyed the idea of it, but for me, bit of a no.

Sorry Benefit - i love you. xx

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Personally I feel that this product is so overrated. The packaging is cool but there is little if any hygiene consideration. The sponge applicator ends up smearing off the foundation/makeup that you have and then gets mixed up with the primer. Does not look attractive. They should have used a tube like packaging for the hygiene of it all. As for the formula itself, well, to be honest with you, upon initial application it is ok, but after a while it can go a bit gritty on the skin and the smell of it lingers on your skin all day. It does cover pores and acts as an ok primer - but nothing too special. There are better primers out there.