e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by age: 19-24
e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF says that their Super Glossy Lip Shines will "leave your lips with a healthy, glossy glow". These basic glosses are part of ELF's Essential line and are available in twelve shades. I have two, Honey Do; a sheer red, and the subject of this review; Watermelon. These glosses contain SPF 15 and absolutely no beneficial ingredients. Super Glossy Lip Shines are essentially a mixture of mineral oil, mica, parabens, and pigment. Each Super Glossy Lip Shine contains .35fl oz and sells for just $1. I bought both of my ELF glosses from the brand's website, but if you're looking to buy in store ELF can be found at select drugstores, Big Lots, Kmarts, Targets, and Walmarts. ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand. This gloss was made in China.
ELF describes this gloss' packaging as "the perfect on-the-go tube that is mess proof for easy application anywhere, any time." I wouldn't call this squeeze tube perfect, but I do really like it. Its transparent, the name of the product written on the front in silver lettering. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. A twist on clear cap seals the tube off. Removing the cap reveals a plastic slant tip applicator that dispenses and applies product wonderfully. I've never had an issue with this tube leaking, combine that with the compact size and this gloss is perfectly purse or pocket friendly. Not the cutest tube of gloss, but ELF isn't exactly known for squee inducing packaging.
In the tube, Watermelon looks like a medium, warm pink, but on my lips its more of a nude pink, almost a "my lips but better" shade, but a bit darker than my natural lip color. There seems to be a slight tan undertone to it that can only be seen when worn in a thin application on the lips. ELF's Watermelon Super Glossy Lip Shine doesn't have any visible shimmer to it, but it has a lovely, interesting pearly sheen and a very glossy finish that come together to give a gorgeous effect. Watermelon is a surprisingly opaque lip gloss, even the tiniest dot can give off a fair amount of color. I think this shade can be universally flattering.
I love the feel of this gloss, it isn't sticky, slick or tack. The best work I have for it is 'smooth'. This is probably one of the most comfortable glosses that I own. Despite not being an especially sticky gloss, ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine has pretty good lasting power. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of wear. I could probably get this gloss to stick around and last even longer, but lets be honest, I'm never quiet or still enough to get any lip product to stay put. Super Glossy Lip Shines have a generic, fruity flavor and scent that is neither pleasant nor bothersome, in my opinion. ELF describes it as "grape vanilla" which sounds about right to me.
I'm really loving ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon. I've had this gloss for a while but I never reached for it until recently. The color and fantastically flattering. The finish is pearlescent, definitely not what I expected. I also didn't expect the level of pigmentation this lip product had to offer. I love the feel and wear I get from this gloss as well. Watermelon is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I suggest ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine line as a whole. I certainly plan to buy more of them and will probably buy a backup of Watermelon. This gloss is excellent, especially considering it's $1 price tag.

on 5/12/2012 12:29:00 PM

I have heard alot of great things about this lipgloss so I decided to pick it up. I must say I'm glad I did! This colour is more like a nude pink color on my lips (my lips are quite pigmented) and it smells good too! It has a very fruity scent :) usually I don't like sticky lipglosses but I'm loving this so far! If you're thinking about trying it, DO IT! It's only $1 and works great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own two other glosses in this line and since I'm a fan, I decided to buy Watermelon. I wanted something a bit darker that made my lips pop and this is it. It's a darker pink that's very close to my actual lip color.
It's very shiny, goes on smooth and sticks to the lips great without any balms or primers. Just like the others in this line, the squeeze tube is very controllable and I love that it sucks some of the gloss back in the tube after squeezing so you're not getting a glob of gloss and waste it.
It does not rub off on my hair and does moisturize a good amount. It's lasting ability is amazing, if you don't eat or drink with this on. It will not hold up at all, which is why I took a point off because I have other glosses/lipsticks that can hold up much better to such things.

Especially for the price, the quality is great. you get a large amount considering and the colors are pigmented. This reminds me a lot of a Stila gloss I have, it could very well be a dupe for it.

I will buy again and would recommend to everyone who wants an inexpensive gloss that's versatile.

I like this lipgloss because it gives a lot of color to your lips. I also love that its only a dollar. It's a bright pink color and I think it looks really nice. I also really like the smell of it, it smells like candy to me. Some people might not like that but I don't have a problem with it. The gloss can be on the sticky side but I don't mind it much. Overall a great gloss for a great price.

The ELF lip glosses from this line are fabulous in my opinion. There is something for everyone because they have sheer colors as well as slightly more opaque ones like Watermelon. You actually get color from these glosses without having to use a lipstick. I have it in Juiced Berry as well, which is a sheer red gloss.
For $1 you definitely can't go wrong.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first got this gloss, I remember thinking it was a little sticky. However, I had been using very cheap lipglosses that didn't stay on long at all. Now, I love this gloss. It's one of my favorites. It's much less sticky than some of my other glosses, but it stays on for hours. The packaging is.. well.. it's a lip gloss. lol There's nothing at all wrong with it. I like the squeeze tube better than an applicator, because if I were to put it over a lipstick, I wouldn't end up with my lipstick staining the applicator or (eventually) altering the color of the gloss. I have several of these glosses, but I wear this one the most often. It's a pretty color, natural but adds some life and brightness to your face as well. Even for a higher price, I would buy this and repurchase, but at this price, why on earth not?? (I actually just bought another one as a gift for a friend.) My advice? TRY IT! I think you'll love it, but even if you don't, you've only wasted $1.

on 6/10/2010 5:52:00 AM

I'm not sure if mine has the SPF in it. It must be the old one or something because it doesn't say that and I bought it at Big Lots. This came in a three pack. I think it cost me like $2? Anyways, this one was my favorite color but it's also the one that had a leak in it. =( I love the color- it's very subtle but has some color to it. I normally don't wear glosses or lipsticks. I just stick to chapsticks. I heard pretty reviews of this so I decided to try it. It's not too sticky, it's actually moisturizing. But, the smell smells cheap, like a kiddie product. But I guess it's bearable. Word of advice: I wouldn't recommend buying ELF from Big Lots because it seems to me that they are mostly damaged or really old goods that may have laid in the warehouse for a long time. I also bought another ELF pack that included an eyeliner, the two-sided mascara and the clear mascara. The two-sided mascara was all dried up!!! When I pulled out the wand, the whole mascara came out with it! You can tell that my clear mascara/brow gel was not looking too good either. It looks dried up. All I can say is try to avoid buying at Big Lots. As for the two mascaras, I am not holding a review against them as they were purchased from a "discounter" discounter. I will either purchase from Target or their online store, even though it's a little more expensive, but that's nothing!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love the color of this gloss. Absolutely gorgeous pink. I love the "almost like a balm" non sticky feel. I even like the tube and the price. I do not, however, like that damn grape scent and taste. It's so gross and reminds me of children's cough syrup. I can tolerate it bc it doesn't last long once it's on my lips, but for goodness sakes, please change the flavor! That alone will keep me from buying other colors.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A great gloss - smooth, nice cushion, great taste, long lasting, not sticky.... and CHEAP!!! This is so much better than all of my expensive $20 and up glosses. I'm going to get every shade of these!

on 12/15/2009 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Nice darker pinkish color that is not to bright or obvious, it's longlasting because of the non-liquidy, sticky consistency which is usually a plus for me.
Huge con: the scent is extremely strong.. Store one of these elf glosses perfectly closed in your collection, and once you grab another lipgloss close to it the packaging will smell like what's in the elf's tube. It's that strong.
For a while I was ok with it but no, it's terrible and unnecessary. Urgh.

What I also don't like is that I received my tube defected - the plastic is open where the cap ends and gloss oozes out.

I tried multiple times to fix it with glue which is hard of course because of the oilyness of the gloss, but by now it's closed enough so it doesn't ooze all throughout my lipgloss stash.
Well, this is not the first time this happened to me with elf products and I'm disappointed by the quality of the packaging.. but the quality of the product inside is good and the chance you'll get a tube that's ok is still much higher than receiving one like mine I guess.