Kryolan Eyeliner - Black

Filtered by age: 19-24
Kryolan Eyeliner - Black

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Originally I used contact solution to activate this because I don't like to use just plain water, I just feel like it thins out the powder too much for me & dilutes the color payoff IMO. The contact solution( Costco's Kirkland brand btw) I think works well at making the color smooth & deep. Keeps it liquid-y/viscous enough to give me time to work with it especially since I enjoy having cat eyes or crazy winged out liner on a daily basis. However, I decided to try this with the Kryolan Cel Sealer & OMFG am I impressed! These two were Obviously made for one another. If you need your liner to last and last Please GET them BOTH!!!! I also wrote a review for how bad ass the Cel Sealer is, so you can check that out too if you'd like :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This review is for the Kryolan cake eye liner in black.
This is an excellent eye liner and very easy to use. I use it with either a wet angled liner brush or a bent liner brush and it applies smoothly and is well pigmented. It is easy to get a thin line and to do a flick at the outer corner of the eye since its essentially a liquid eye liner once youve wet it.
This product stays all day on my upper lash line. It does tend to disappear on my lower lash line, but then its always harder for me to get product to stay on the lower lash line. I havent yet tried it with the eye liner sealant that Kryolan also make, which I think would probably improve the wear.
The cake is a good size and will last me many years if the product doesnt go bad. Im not too keen on the screw-top packaging, though, since its less convenient than a flip-top when Im rushing in the mornings.
Overall I would definitely recommend giving one of the Kryolan cake liners a try if you are looking for a matte, pigmented eye liner with good lasting power.

Best eyeliner i have ever used. Goes on super smooth, looks great, you can use it as a base. Smells like powder too :). Comes off easy and it'll last you forever and not go bad!! I love it and would def buy again if it runs out!

on 1/14/2007 12:12:00 AM

I bought this off ebay from Shrinkle, last year. I use black eyeliner practically every day and there is only a small dip in the product. I love the fact that its so huge and dense! Its an oily-ish cake form (not powder) you can apply wet or dry, but it is better applied wet. My one problem with this is if it gets wet, it will smear. Sweating also tends to make the product thinner, as in part of my eyeliner will just disappear. I usually use benefit shelaq to help seal it and that seems to do the trick. The liner is also kind of hard to get entirely off in between my lashes. It will not irritate your skin if you accidentally fall asleep in it, you will just have some black smudges on your eyes. I recently discovered mac fluidline and am in love with both these liners. I think I like the mac one a bit better just because I dont have to mix it up. Kryolan definately works as costume makeup (ie all over face) too!