Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's perfecto. Anything from this barnd is perfect. It has great legnth and volume, better than Clinique, MAC, and other drugstore brands. It has high quality and is made out of great minerals. It is natural, and my favorite brand. I have a matching eyeliner and a Bare Escenruals
(Bare Minerals) set at home. It looks nattural and neutral as if there no makeup being worn on my face at all, thats they kay and magic of makeup. This mscara isn't very clumpy and definatley waterproof. It stays on for the day and even night.

I bought this mascara two times. The first time i fell in love with it, I had no clumps and made my lashes look natural and amazing. However the second time I bought this product, I was really disappointed. The second bottle was a defect because the brush would carry so much product (that never happened with my first bottle) and it got super messy when trying to put the applicator back in with mascara formula oozing out. After this experience I was reluctant to buy this mascara again and decided to try other mascaras, which was for the better found cheaper mascaras (covergirl) that worked better than this product.

on 10/2/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

meh.. I bought this along with the Shiseido and the BB mascaras -- I tend to do marathon shopping and then stop for a breather. I was told that this mascara will hold my curl even in my swimming class and I have tried it for that very purpose.

It passed the test -- I at least look like I have a few lashes while in the pool but it is hard to remove otherwise. I have to use several pads of Bifacil to get it off at night and frankly, it leaves my lashes a bit stiff.

Not bad.. just not great.

Won't purchase it again.

This is wonderful, my new HG mascara.

Lately every mascara I used causes my eyes to burn after an hour or so, and waterproof ones are the worst, but not this.

I stays put, doesn't flake, smudge or come off (lasted through 2 days of my Uncle's funeral) and it comes off with albolene easier than non waterproof mascara!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There are no polite words to describe how much I HATE this mascara. Gosh, I get angry just by thinking about it! It doesn't do anything for me - no length, no volume, doesn't separate my lashes, the staying power sucks. The brush itself is so harsh that I could do my dirty dishes with it. I bought this off eBay and payed $15 - too much money for crap. And yes, I have tried the tips I've read here about some different techniques to make this work .. But no, no, no. This sucks, from the beginning to the end. I will give this away to my mom, who isn't that concerned with what kind of mascara she uses.
And yes, one more thing - the black in this mascara is more of a pale, greyish black; it's not even near a true va-va-voom black. Buy it only if you really feel like you don't know what to waste your money on! (You can always give the money to the homeless. Just don't give them this mascara .. )

on 3/13/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this stuff for the most part. I wear it to the gym since it's waterproof (I CANNOT go out in public w/o mascara). I love how it makes my lashes curlier and defines them. Not a dramatic type of mascara, but good for a natural look. However, I don't know if it's just me or what, but for some reason the brush hurts my eyelashes when I put it on. I have no idea what's up with that. Plus it is so hard getting it off at night (which I don't have much to complain about with that since it is a waterproof mascara after all).

*Since YMMV w/ mascara, I have dark long lashes that are about medium thick, and the tips are very light. I live in a VERY dry climate, & have sensitive eyes prone to watering*
I got this mascara in a set, which is good because I'd be bummed if I spent full price on it. It's not an awful mascara- it just doesn't do much. It has about a million *tiny* soft bristles, so right away you know this thing won't give you a ton of length. The formula is very light, so there's also no real thickening.
However if you are going to have an active day so you don't want a bunch of mascara running but do want some lash definition/color, this would be a really good one. I still keep me tube for rainy days and when I don't feel like having much on my lashes- but otherwise I just can't recommend this. It's like the definiton of "blah" :( continued >>

on 1/3/2007 4:58:00 AM

This stuff is horrible. The best thing I can say about it is that it darkened my lashes. Sort of. I suppose it does stay on, but why on earth would you want it to? It doesn't lengthen, doesn't separate, doesn't thicken, but it did make my lashes feel unusually crispy. And it's a pain in the you know what to get off. I threw it in the garbage after the last use. I'm usually a big fan of bare escentuals, but they need to work on their mascaras.

on 10/10/2006 2:30:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I can't use non-waterproof mascara because I sweat a lot, work out most days, and cry at the drop of a hat. But often waterproof mascaras flake and sort of creep down so by the end of the day i have racoon eyes. Not so with this! It goes on easily, it stayed put through a good friend's wedding (a serious test for mascara!), and it doesn't ever flake. I LOVE this mascara so much I keep one at home and I carry one in my purse at all times. Worth every penny.

on 9/24/2006 4:41:00 AM

This is the best mascara for my needs that I have ever used. I have two things that I have searched endlessly for in a mascara. That it looks great making my eyes look wonderful, but in a faily natural way-no endless coats and spider eyes for me- and that it not smear under my eyes. I have tried all types of waterproof mascara in all price ranges and they have all smeared. This one, to be honest, didn't completely wear like iron but it did hold up the best of any that I have ever tried and it went on like a dream giving me nice long dark natural looking lashes. I was shocked actually. I really didn't expect much and hoped only that it might possibly prove to be a good waterproof mascara. The way that it brushed on and looked was a genuine and wonderful surprise. I had never been a daily wearer of mascara because of the smear factor, but I might actually become one now since this makes me look like I have wonderful natural lashes. I don't know how this mascara does with multiple coats etc, but if you want lashes that look and wear like you were born with fantastic lashes, then this is definitely one you should try. I am really thrilled.

Popular Mascaras