Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

4.5

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I FINALLY ordered a Six Kitten Palette - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I was concerned about some of the shades with my light/medium olive skin, but the powders are soooo well-pigmented and they are all LOVELY. First let me say that, with the "LOVE" promotion and 30% discount, the Six Kitten sells for $42; an EXCELLENT PRICE for 4 eye shadows, 1 blusher, 1 bronzer, 3 lipglosses, and a beautiful, solid and sturdy 6-well reuseable palette with a full mirror and dual-ended brush. The quality of the products is SUPERB! The powders are silky-smooth, super-blendable and again, very pigmented. Whiskers Blush IS the perfect blusher shade! Think Milani's Luminous Blush with a fraction of the shimmer and more color in its place....just so lovely and softly brightening on the skin, pinky-peach and feminine! The bronzer is great, very natural looking. Both have a very delicate shimmer - you can see it in a magnifying mirror, but to the naked eye your skin just looks glowy. The eye shadows are GREAT; Eartha Cat Duo has a lovely shimmery shade (this I need to use wet to really show on my skin, but when I do it is so pretty) and a matte that is GREAT for my hooded eyes; I use it from crease to browbone. Catastrophic Duo has a PERFECT grey-brown with very subtle shimmer that is a completely neutral crease/contour shade! And the matte black is useful beyond words, to blend into the crease and V at outer corners, to wet line, fill brows, etc. These eye shadows are the best I've ever used, and last ALL DAY with no creasing; I do use an e/s base but all my other shadows have a teeny oil crease at the end of the day...NOT THESE. All so naturally flattering on my brown eyes! And now, the controversial GLOSSES. Roar is STUNNING! On my pale lips, it's a gorgeous rose-coral glow!!! It has minute gold shimmer and wears like a lipstick; it leaves a nice stain on the lips. I use the gold and pink glosses as accents - not full-lip coverage - and they are perfect for highlighting the lips and adding fullness. I don't find them too frosty at all. Having read the other Reviews here stating that the glosses collect powder from the palette, I went ahead and ordered a 3-well palette and a Black Cherry gloss, so that I could put all 4 glosses (one is a double) in one smaller case for my purse - FAB, black, solid, with mirror. Then I got Cat Fight eye shadow duo and Peepers (perfect soft blue iridescent shadow) to replace the glosses in my Six Kitten. I am hoping they (Cat Cosmetics) will soon sell an 8-well palette; I plan on buying a couple more eye shadows if they do, including Frisky for a highligher. Let me add that, when you purchase an empty palette, the price is reduced by $4.00 for EACH product pan you purchase to put into it, so it ultimately becomes FREE! And then the promotional discount is taken off the total price as well. HOW FUN!!! At the end of the day, when I look into the mirror, I look so bright and different and pretty! I'm SO happy with my purchases! Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! FYI: Cat makes a Magnet Wand for removing and replacing pan eye shadows and blushers; BUY THIS!!! For your Cat palettes, MAC palettes, etc etc - the best $5 (or $3.50 on sale) you can spend!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

DO NOT JUDGE A KIT BY ITS COLORS. I was not impressed when I received my kit. In fact, I nearly sent it back: the eye colors look terribly boring (a brown/black duo and a soft taupe shimmer/deep beige duo) while, inexplicably, the lip colors looked neon. I thought, you've got to be kidding.

Every last PRODUCT in this kit is top quality and the most flattering of everything I own. The Six Kitten is the first full palette I've bought in many years. This makes such a beautiful overall face. We'll start with the eyes. The Eartha Cat eyeshadow duo is so perfect for day: the very slightly shimmery pale taupe/champagne color and the dark peachy beige tan duo complement daytime eyes better than any product I have ever used. In fact, I just purchased the solo duo to save my kit from overuse.
The other shadow duo, Catastrophic, is a slightly darker brown and a black. Both of these can be used to define or shade the eyes. The black is a high quality smooth powder, and I use my TM #11 brush to use this as a liner.
On to the lips. The Roar is a browned down deep rose, and is quite wearable alone or mixed with one or both of the other lip colors. The Cat and Mouse Duo, look like a neon pink and bright gold in the box but are utterly beautiful on alone, mixed with each other or over lipstick. The Cat Cosmetics site claims these glosses brighten the face and I swear they actually do! When I was back in Denver last week my sisters swore I'd had "work done" LOL! It's amazing. The lip glosses are highly pigmented and very long lasting, unless you eat or drink.

The bronzer is absolutely perfect on my fair olive/neutral complexion: not too matte and not too shimmery and not too orange. The color is a dusky, peachy brown. If this appears orange on you, use a softer brush. The bright pink Whiskers blush put me off in the palette, but WOW! This really made my green eyes pop.

No buyer's remorse here as alwyas seems to be the case when I spend a lot on an untried product. This is not only an I *would* repurchase, this is a "yes I *WILL* REPURCHASE THE MINUTE I APPEAR TO BE RUNNING OUT OF THIS STUFF."
I've already bought two more kits for a couple of family members who deserve an extra nice gift this year. My best investment of 2002!UPDATE: A few months ago, I wore the Cat/Mouse Lip Duo -- that dismayed so many reviewers here -- out to dinner. Mind you it was a sports bar/wings place so it was very casual, but the waitress would not stop raving about my "lipstick" and how perfect it was, etc. She would not leave me alone until I wrote down the name of it. I thought maybe she was trolling for tips, but next time I saw her she had ordered it for herself and loves it, too. Mix these glosses together and use a teeny bit for a beautiful flattering peach glow.

This is a decent palette, but like other reviewers said, basic, without any "fun" colors thrown in (for a girl cannot live with taupe and taupe alone...).

The surprising standout for me was the bronzer--having never used bronzer before (and being completely unfamiliar with the concept), I was struck by how it subtly defined my cheekbones, so perhaps I'm only using it as something to contour with, but what do I know, I've never used bronzer before. The color is subtle and hasn't turned orange on me yet, and I have oily skin. I liked to sweep some across my temples and along the sides of my face.

The Roar lip gloss is all right; it's a standard, opaque gloss. It's not an unflattering color. The blush was decent as well; not completely matte, but not overly sparkly (I don't like over-the-top sparkles of pretty much any sort), although I must confess that I like my Shu Uemura M Pink 31 blush better (they're similar, but the Shu is just prettier on me and lasts longer).

As to the eyeshadows... there are two split pans of shadows: the lighter "daytime look" set, and the "nighttime vamp-it-up look" set (the quotation marks are mine). Of the lighter set, there's a lighter colored shadow that's shimmery, and a slightly darker, more apricot-y matte shade. The light shimmery shade works fine as a highlighter shade but is a bit sparkly for my tastes; I like the matteness of the darker shade but it's a bit orange on me, which I do not like. I mean, I like the color orange, it's a happy color, but I don't necessarily want it on my face. As to the darker duo, the cola-colored shade (the lighter shade in the darker duo) is my favorite. It's pretty and matte and I don't have anything else like this shade. The darker shade is also decent, although I rarely use it. The texture of these shadows aren't as nice as say, Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani (silky, silky, silky!!!), but they're definitely better than Revlon (of which I find hard, crumbly and dry). The lasting power is decent but not the best I've sampled.

What really kills me about this palette is the lip gloss duo: it's a frosty pink and a frosty gold. They're some of the most unflattering colors I've ever used--it is true, you can use one of them lightly in the middle of your bottom lip after you've used the darker Roar gloss all over to make your pout look fuller, but there's so much of this frosty gloss, and I'm going to get so little usage out of it! If the colors had just been more sheer and less frosty it would be less of an issue, but the amount of frost is overpowering. When I was reading about this palette and hadn't gotten it yet, I didn't think it could be this bad, but it was!

The case is decent: it's black and plastic and the mirror inside is large and across the entire palette lid.

Overall, I doubt I'd buy again. While I like some of the products in this palette, my strong dislike for some of the others overshadows my neutral feelings. It's a decent palette, but not spectacular. For something so large, I could pack a Shu palette and add a lipstick and have used less space but have more blush and eyeshadow options. continued >>

LOVE IT!! I get so many compliments when i wear this makeup. I threw out all my other colors and only wear cat cosmetics now. Its so easy to pull out one compact with everything you need. Your done in 5 mins.LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The six kitten did not work for me since my skintone has whitened to PPP NC15. The bronzer was much to orangey for me & the whiskers blush washed me out, probably because of how pale I am I need a little deeper color to bring out my face. The Eartha Cat turned peachy orange on me, again PPP & the Taupe looked muddy & the black drab, no shimmer or nothing. As for the lipglosses, too frosty & red. I can see this palette looking stunning on LLL & deeper, it just didn't work for me, sigh. For those that say the eyeshadow flecks get into the lipgloss the trick is to blow the excess away before you put the compact away, it should do the trick.

I really, really enjoy this palette. I often wear mineral make-up, but I like to have a less messy, quicker alternative for mornings when I oversleep or want a simple, polished face. I originally bought the six kitten assuming that it was small enough that I could take it to the gym. It is, and I do, but I find myself reaching for it at least four mornings a week in addition to gym time. The colors are neutral, but give life and polish to my face. The inclusion of the black shadow means that I can give myself a very sultry, smoky eye if I want. The bronzer is very flattering - not at all orange, and not dirty looking. The quality of the products is high, and they wear very well. I was a bit leery of the glosses after reading some reviews here, but I'm surprised by how much I like them. You can cool down a color with the pale pink (cat) or warm it up with the gold (mouse), and mixing all three gives a rich, dimensional bronzy-red color that wears much longer than a normal lip gloss. While I do get a bit of powder in the gloss, the wells are removable, so I plan to replace them with more shadows. This month (Feb. 2007)all refills are on sale with Cat's monthly meow, so it's a fine time to customize!

For reference, I am fairly pale (MAC NW 20, Laura Mercier Warm Ivory, BE Fairly Light) with green eyes and dark brown hair.

Way to go, Cat!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just got the six kitten, and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite whole face palettes (i even prefer this over my many nars palettes). on days when i don't want to think about my makeup, i reach for this palette b/ the colors are all very easy to use for either a sophisticated natural or dramatic smokey look. there are 4 eyeshadow halves: a matte light nude, a shimmery light beige, a slightly shimmery medium taupe, and a matte black. there's also a slightly shimmery warm pink blush, a medium bronzer, a dark red-brown lipcolor, and 2 frosty glosses (a light pink and a light gold). the quality of these products are fantastic - very smooth and well pigmented with very little, if any, fragrance. the only reason i give this palette a 4 rating is b/ i don't particularly like the 2 glosses; they're too frosty for me (almost silvery/whitish looking when used by themselves). they can still look pretty good when mixed together or layered over other lipcolors but i would've preferred to have two less frosty, more natural looking glosses (eg. a less shimmery pink and a sheer beige). however, overall i still adore this palette for its versatility and quality. it really works to enhance your features, rather than draw attention to your makeup colors. the palette case is also very nice; it's sleek and sturdy with a big mirror and an included eyeshadow brush (pretty decent quality). i have light asian coloring but i think this set would work on anyone with light to medium warm or neutral coloring. this palette is definitely worth the price. cat cosmetics also has absolutely wonderful customer service, and i will definitely continue to try out their products. note: the wells in the palette fit prestige e/s pans perfectly (stila pans are a little smaller) so i will put in a favorite prestige e/s when i'm almost done with the glosses.

I've had this for quite awhile and it's very versatile. You can use the shadows in many different combinations, and the blush is a great universal color. It is extremely convenient for travelling, also. Cat's makeup quality is superb, I have tons of it, as well as all the brushes.

I can't believe how much I use and like this palette. First off, I will admit that I do not use the lipglosses and the palette would easily get 5 lippies if they were not included. I can easily overlook this because they can easily be replaced with some of her other products. This is the palette I grab before heading out of town because it is so versatile. The bronzer is perfect even for my fair skin. It isn't orange nor too glittery. It has just the right amount of shimmer and just the right shade of brown to warm up even the palest winter skin. The blush is the prettiest shade of pink I have ever found. Now let's get to the eyes! Both of the eyeshadow duos are extremely versatile. The formula is long lasting and nevers cakes or travels to other areas of my face. Best of all they have just the right amount of shimmer to brighten the eye area. For an everyday eye look I use the pale shade from the Eartha Cat duo allover and then use the taupe from the Catastrophic duo in the crease. Finally I smudge the taupe along the lower lash line and top off my lashes with mascara. I am so pleased with the eyeshadows that I am planning on removing the lipglosses and replacing them with Tabby and perhaps Faux Paw.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was one of the first palette type products I invested in. The colors were fine, nothing miraculous, but fine for everyday basic wear. My biggest issue, is the same with many palettes. Lip glosses don't belong in the same container as shadows, blushes, and bronzers. They all get mixed and gooed up together. I also agreed with one review that said, that perhaps instead of one of the bronzers, she could include another shadow, maybe a lighter brown or taupe.