MAC Sweetie Cake

No Image

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite lip gloss ever, beautiful blue based fuschia. I agree with the others on here...do not dismiss for the scary bright color it looks like in the tube. Awesome color on me, so much so in fact that I am doing this review to find out if anyone has figured out a dupe for it...pm if you have a dupe for MAC Sweetie Cake...please!

on 1/1/2008 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Such a pretty dolly hot pink. I love it! It's so shiny and when the light hits the shimmer flecks it's just gorgeous.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh wow, this one is a BRIIIIIIIGHT one! This is a really pretty blue based fushia, with a hint of shimmer. It looks exactly like it does in the tube. I don't think I will be wearing this out in the daytime, but it may be night to wear at night, for a punch of color. This is by far the brightest MAC gloss I own next to Palatial.

I just bought this like a month ago. Its a medium bright pink/fuchsia with subtle shimmer. Has great staying power. This lipglass isnt bad, but I prefer Crystal Rose (from the Turquatic collection).

Really pretty, bright pink, but sheer and warmly sparkly, very flattering!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My best friend brought it over the other night and insisted that i try it. I almost didn't -- it looks so scary in the tube!! But i am glad i did :) it was bright when i put it on, but it really went well with my green eyes and PPP complexion! if only someone would swap me for it so i don't have to pay $18 on Ebay.......

I tried this on one day in the mall and didn't buy it b/c my bf (at the time) said I looked too much like a doll (too fake looking) or as though I broke into my Mom's make-up before my my ballet recital. Well, I kept thinking about it, so I went back and got a week later. I'm African American (golden/bronze toned) and I love this cute little lip gloss. It's so highly pigmented I almost can't believe it. Usually MAC's lipgass' are sheer, not this one. This goes on just like it looks in the bottle. Great color!

on 4/30/2006 7:27:00 PM

I came very close to passing this one over because I have the worst luck with bright pink lipglosses. They look so pretty in the tube, but awful on my lips. I have very pigmented lips and for some reason, bright pink colors just to seem to "sit" on top of my lips, instead of meshing with my natural color. However, I took a chance with Sweetie Cake because it was just too pretty to pass up. For whatever reason, this color actually integrates better with my lips than any other pink. It is a deep-flushed bright pink, so it definitely has plenty of color, but it is not as bright on as it is in the tube. It's a really great color for spring, especially when you want your lips to pop. One layer is perfect for daytime wear, while several layers make this a nighttime gloss as well.

on 6/16/2006 12:50:00 PM

I too came very close to passing on this one. I can't wear pinks or fushia to save my life. But this one is so so pretty that I had to buy it. Suprisingly enough, it goes on pretty sheer with a raspberry tint and makes my lips look super full. Even warm toned girls can pull this one off.

A long time ago, I bought a $3 lipgloss with the most amazing pink color-- and the WORST consistency. 6 years later, I've found that wonderful, tacky magenta color again, with an extra oomph in the pearly shimmer that MAC has added. The texture is wonderful, and the wear is long. This is definitely a staple in my makeup bag!

Popular Lips Products