Wella Color Charm Toner

Wella Color Charm Toner

4.2

on 7/17/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Wella Toners for a long time! if they weren't on the market I would never be a DIY blonde. i have natural level 5 golden brown hair and I am go between a medium pearl blonde to medium champagne/golden blonde. when my hair was super orange right after bleaching I would use t28 and t18. once the brasiness was somewhat neutralized I would use a t11 or t15 to get that beige/golden blonde. If i want to cool it down to a ash blonde I use t18 with a few cap fulls of 050-cooling violet. sometimes it's trial and error when finding the correct toner or even combination for your hair goals. I would recommend starting off by utilizing the colour wheel, but ultimately experimenting until you get it!

Ok, first off...everyone who's complaining about not being blonde lol... you HAVE to be a level 9 or 10 for this to make you go platinum. Secondly if you have any orange tones at all...this ISN'T for you!!! Third EVERYONE who is not blonde will pull ORANGE or relish, it's the color wheel, just chemistry, sorry lol. Also if you have dark hair if you don't use Olaplex...take your time going blog design and even then it's a process. Deal with yellow or orange hair a bit to get perfect blonde that isn't straw, or gummy. Professionalso where trained and educated and understand these things and aren't guessing. Seek a professionals help or knowledge if you want to save and do this on your own. BUT if you aren't a licensed cosmetologist please do not tell everyone here what you've experienced, because you just might had have good luck guessing, but you are not educated by what I've read on a few post and it scares me thinking that somebody might take your advice. Smh.

I am a cosmetologist and am properly educated in this field, so I'm not BSing. I seriously hate when people have hair problems and ruin their hair because of "at home uneducated want to be stylists" false advice. Follow instructions! Developer could be a 10 if it burns to much...you may have sensitivity, so adjust, common sense. But yah wow, dry hair, dumb!

To Read all 53 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/18/2016 1:54:00 PM

To anyone who has bleached their hair to yellow under tones, run for this product. I used t15 on my hair. I really suggested using a beige or natural blonde!!!! If you use the popular T18, you most likely will pull all the blonde out of your hair to end up with platinum, silver or purple ash hair. You must have pulled your hair to the soft yellow color. Any less, I have no idea what you will end up with. I spent over $300 at three salon who couldn't do what I begged for. I was so upset. So I went to Sally's, bleached out all the much orange they left me with. I took my time with the bleach and lift my hair with a VO of 20. I went from a BRASS to the "soft banana" hair dressers try to lift you to, in about 1hr. (I test stranded everything) lifting to the PALE YELLOW, allows you to go anywhere on the color wheel. I really hope some of you guys go more natural! Watch your toner like a hawk, you will pull out the remain pigments in your hair if you're not careful! Good luck!!! Click on my profile to see my before and after with the T15.
I am a natural dirty blonde maybe a level 6

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

T15 pale beige blonde does not cancel out orange tones!!! I just got highlights and they look orange. My hair is naturally dark brown so it pulls orange. Will need to get t18 white lady as this seems to be what all recommend on here and YouTube to cancel out orange!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using the Wella Color Charm toner in T11 and T18 (equal parts of each) for the past few months to help keep my blonde hair brass-free and I really do like the toner! It is easy to apply, I don't have to use a full bottle to get my full head despite having really thick hair because of the 2:1, developer: toner ratio, the smell isn't too strong, and it works quickly. My one downside with this product which is pretty significant is that it burns that absolute hell out of my scalp. I don't follow a specific processing time with this toner because I can never stand to keep it on to the maximum processing time- I just know to take it off when I can't take the burning anymore and hope that most of the brassiness has been removed. I'm not really sure why it happens because my scalp isn't particularly sensitive and I've never had any visible signs of damage to my scalp following the usage of this product but it still is an issue for me. Beauty is pain I suppose. The toner is also really fairly priced so for those of us colouring our own hair at home, we can still get beautiful results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Going from. 4RM in Age Beautiful to white, once I got to the orange stage I used Well a T18 and it brought me to a pale beige blonde that I can deal with while I let my natural white grey grow out..it was wonderful..I've been a colorist for almost 30 years and had never used the toner on myself til now and I'm impressed.

I've bought this toner by Wella so many times and I love it dearly. I am originally a dirty blonde and my hair lifts very quickly. But it seems I have a lot of red or orange mixed with pale yellow when I bleach my roots. I have my hair at a level11 or lightest ash blonde. I have been using Wella for a long time because keeping my hair this blonde you do need to tone or use a purple shampoo. Also I have rust in my water so the T14 works best for my hair. I like the silvery blonde look that my hair gets from this. I started with T18 years ago and love it as well but the T14 just works better for the shade of colour I'm going for.

I want to mix the T14 &18 together as well using more 14 than 18 in my case. I like to use a 10 vol developer to just deposite the product. I start with my roots first leave the toner on about 7 minutes then put the rest through for about 2 more minutes. My hair is very porus so less time is what works for me. I have used 20 vol but not anymore I find the 10 works great for depositing the colour. I use ion sensitive scalp developer as well. This is my favorite toner hands down I will always come back to it. It has saved me from hair disasters in my youth and now today I can bleach my roots tone and my hair looks great. So happy!

on 12/28/2015 8:15:00 AM

Violet toner for harsh yellow tones. You can get the same effect without drying out your hair by mixing 2 1/2 cups vinegar with 1/8 teaspoon purple food coloring and leaving it on your hair for a couple of minutes.

I literally just used it 20 minutes ago on bleached brassy golden yellow hair. I heard a lot of scary reviews about leaving it on for too long so I left it for 10 minutes. I rinsed it out without shampooing and put in a deep conditioner. It left my hair darker than I wanted but I think it's because it needed to stay on for longer. My hair is a dark pale blonde with streaks of pale yellow. I'm not disappointed because I did take it off too early. I'm going to do another application tomorrow to see how it goes. My hair is not damaged whatsoever.(I used 20vol developer)

on 7/16/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I bleached my hair from a light warm brown to the nasty yellowish orange that come from bleaching and then mixed up a full bottle of T18 and some T14 (to make up 2 ounces) with 20 vol developer. I left it on for right at 30 minutes and the platinum blonde I was going for was the result. I've been coloring at home for YEARS and have countless hair disasters (including one that led to shaving my head). This product works miracles and really gets rid of the bras dines left behind by bleaching.
My only complaint is the strong smell, but for the price and the results, I can deal with it.