CLARINS Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wasn’t looking for a primer when I first bought this product, a saleswoman asked if I would be willing to try it and since I had no makeup on at the time I went ahead and let her apply some to my face. She did half my face then held a mirror up for me to see the results side by side with my clean face. I bought it immediately despite it being way more expensive than the rest of my makeup collection combined.
It’s worth going into a department store and trying for yourself before purchasing... either you are going to be astonished at the way it hides pores and evens out imperfections, or your experience will prove to be entirely different than mine. I tend to break out/when using most primers or moisturizers but I never had an issue with this despite the less hygienic jar packaging. There were days I wore just this primer without anything over it, that’s how good it is. I would recommend this especially for those with large pores. A little goes a long way. I have been trying to find a comparable primer that cost less and have not even come close

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this daily, only on the odd special occasion, but if I did, I can see this lasting forever as a little goes a long way, dispelling any doubts I had when purchasing such a tiny sized product (0.5 fl oz).
As a primer it does the trick. Pores - especially on my nose, and fine lines are instantly blurred, creating a good base for my foundation. I have to stress though that you really don't need to use much because if you do it has the tendency to make anything applied on top slip right off. At the right amount you will get a good base for foundation that will help m/u stay on longer whilst leaving a nice matte finish, or as I discovered I can just use a powder on top and not require anything else for a 'barely there' look - useful if you don't have the time to apply the works but still require some kind of coverage.

It's a very silicone-heavy primer with no real skin benefits, just cosmetic ones that last only until you wash your face at night. Other than vegetable oil and some Vitamin E there is nothing of benefit in here, just a long list of chemicals and FOUR types of silicone (those like myself who cannot tolerate silicones beware!), hence why I try not to use it too often.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Fills my massive pores better than anything else out there. Bonus, a dab under the eyes when I’m feeling tired hides late afternoon creases without pilling up like the L’Oréal dupe (Magic Perfecting Base). Is it pricier than other primers? Yes. But it’s worth it, in product quality, longevity, and luxury packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is just a classic product that does the job it advertises. I don't understand some of the reviews below. It's not a skincare product. It's not going to improve your skin texture long term and doesn't have anti-aging benefits. Today, it's a really basic primer. There are more innovative primers out there now and there are less expensive products that may do the same thing, but this is still a classic.

I smoothe on a bit around my nose where I have enlarged pores. I have dry, dehydrated skin and it helps smooth out some texture issues as well. It's a good primer and does a nice job of filling in to create a more seamless base. A small pot lasts me years.

I have a number of other primers now, but still enjoy Clarins.

This product claims to leave you looking "almost perfect". Seems you have to already be almost perfect if you use this product. Did nothing special. Wish there was an actual primer out there that worked for people who actually need one...

I have a problem with very large pores on my nose (from blackhead extraction gone wrong some years back, so I'm left with permanent mini crates...my nose looks just like the surface of a strawberry up close lol)...plus a few noticeable ice-pick scars on my right cheek. Apart from that, I have pretty decent, smooth-textured skin.
Anyways, this stuff blurs all the imperfections away and filled in the little crates and ice pick scars. My skin looks smooth and perfected even upclose. I apply it directly on my nose and scarred areas (patted on AFTER foundation then set with powder...or before pressed powder if I'm skipping foundation). I only use the tiniest amount where needed, it's more of a 'spot-corrector' or 'spot-filler' for me. Due to the price and the thick, sillicone-y texture of the cream, I would not feel comfortable using it all-over my face as a traditional primer...I can get a cheaper primer for whole face use. This stuff does make my nose shinier than usual later in the day, but it's nothing a little powder can't fix...as long as the giant pores stay hidden, I'm happy! This product is a game changer for me. I will always repurchase for as long as my skin does not react negatively to it.

Skin type: combination but more on the oily side. Sensitive with some acne scarring.

Hi guys!

I've literally just joined this site and thought I would review this FAB product first! I've been using this for a good few years now.

I LOVE the feel of this product on moisturised skin. It feels soft and very smooth. I apply a 'good' amount all over my face (not too much though) and wait for a couple of minutes. This primer works like a dream with liquid foundations. I find my foundation is easier to apply, my skin looks more even and it helps control the oils, especially on my cheeks. I have tried other products but always come back to this one. I would defo recommend it! Ok so the price tag might be on the high end for such a small pot (£26.50) but I do believe it is worth it! I'm not keen on the glassed packaging because when you only have a little product left in the pot, it is difficult to scoop the product out due to the inside rim. So if you use your fingers and have long nails, you will struggle to scoop every last bit!

I haven't noticed much difference to my fine lines and pores but I do feel it just 'works' with the rest of my make-up. Hence I gave it a 4* rather than 5.

This primer is not itchy, flaky or smelly like some other primers.

Hope this helps!

I wouldnt buy this again because it did absolutely NOTHING for my enlarged pores . It's ultra expensive and it doesn't work

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this primer, great for large pores and pitted scarring which i have lots of. Smooths out my skin and dries matte which I love cause I'm very oily. Was using the Clinique pore refining instant solution which works great too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Based on positive reviews, I decided to give it a go.
Pros:
- The spatula for hygienic reasons
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- My skin feels oily. Bad if you have oily or combination skin like me (even though I read from other reviewers it was ok for oily skin - it didn't work for me).

Perhaps I'll only wear in my cheeks from now on.