Quo Brushes

No Title

3.9

on 3/8/2017 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Very expensive and it sheds bristles. I don't like having black whiskers especially if I didn't grow them.

I think these brushes are outstanding; they are soft, well made, and other than a couple of exceptions they pick up product perfectly. The blush brush is a bit soft so doesn't pick up a lot of product and you will have to go into your pan a few times - this can be a bonus if you are newer to makeup as it allows you to build color slowly. They come in individual sheaths which is nice but I have never saved them so not sure if those are useful in any other way useful. The fan brush is absolutely lovely for a gentle wash of highlight. The crease shading brush is a must have and the powder brush has a unique flatter shape which is perfect for many powders but you cannot use it to press powder into your face if that is how you apply. These easily rival my other brushes which include Real Techniques, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Hakuhodo, Surrat, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Lise Watier and Eco Tools. Heads-up on the price of these - they are not inexpensive when comparing to their non-professional line.

I was in a jam and needed some brushes quickly. I was coming back from vacation and the airline lost my luggage :( but assured me that they were working on getting me the luggage asap BUT my makeup brushes were all in my luggage!! What's a girl to do right?! Well I didn't want to spend alot of money because you can't return them and my brushes are all from Morphe but I decided to try the Quo brand from shoppers...long story short they can't even compare to my other brushes! I almost felt like I was a kid getting my first makeup brushes to "play with" lol.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought these bruses as a set at Shoppers about 3 or 4 years ago now. It came with the powder, lip, crease, lid, eyeliner, and blush brush, and the eyelash/eyebrow comb. I clean them regularly with shampoo and lay them flat to dry on a towel. I didn't care for the powder brush - it's too small - so I use it as a blush brush instead. So that renders the blush brush useless. I also didn't like the lip brush, it was too "floppy" and didn't apply my lip gloss precisely.
However, I LOVE the all-over shadow, crease, and eyeliner brushes. The eyelash comb is good too, but I don't use it. In retrospect, I should have just bought the 3 brushes instead of the set. I use the all-over lid brush every day and it's held up quite well over the last 3 or 4 years.
Overall, they're good-quality brushes and don't leave too many stray hairs on your face.
I will purchase them again when they fall apart.

on 12/21/2012 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had heard good things about Quo brushes, so I picked up the "Quo Master Brush Set" from their Holiday 2010 collection. I got it after Christmas for half price, so I paid about $30.

It included 6 brushes: blush, foundation, crease blender, shadow, liner, and concealer.

I was really disappointed in the quality. The eye brushes feel scratchy and the ferrules are coming loose (I don't even wear makeup that often!). They don't even pick up or distribute product very well.

The set included a bulky, metallic purple brush case with purple plastic studs sewn onto the front- I personally think that it is hideous. The studs are starting to come loose even though I keep the case in a drawer.

I ended up buying a new brush set from Costco (of all places!) It's softer and feels like better quality.

p.s. I think that the Quo brush reviews should be split up into 'regular' and 'professional'. They are 2 different lines with 2 different price points. The professional brushes only seem to be sold in the stores with higher-end beauty boutiques.

I received a set for xmas, and was soooo excited to play with them all. I found that they are easy to use and of very good quaility. I have has some real fun. I am curious how they will wear over time with application and cleaning. So I may do another reveiw once they have been used and abused to see how their longivity lasts.

on 12/28/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have the eye smudger brush and the crease shadow brush - they are amazing! The eye smudger brush is the perfect density and the tip is just the right length for precision application. The crease shadow brush is equally as impressive! My eye makeup application is so effortless and it really makes my eyes look amazing! I'm actually including these brushes in a goody bag for my bridesmaids. Well worth the price!

on 12/21/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The Quo Professional brushes are some of the best brushes out there for a decent price! They out perform a lot of Sephora brushes, even their I.T. ones (Better than the smashbox ones too imho) . I've had my Quo brushes for 4 years now, and they've held up beautifully. There was a bit of dye washing out from them at the very start, but after a few washes, it washes prefectly clear. The brushes are super soft, dense, well weighted, and just a fabulous tool to use overall. Definitely recommend them! Wait for 40% off sales, and get the professional ones! They are so worth your money. (If the store doesn't have any out, ask. I know a few stores that keeps them in the drawers). The plastic zip bag they come in is also a nice bonus. These brushes travel great in their plastic zip bags (I just throw them in my bag, and they've never been damaged or even have hairs out of place).

on 12/16/2011 2:00:00 AM

I have 3 brushes from quo that I'm overall impressed by: Powder brush, bronzing powder brush (stipple), precision foundation brush.

1 - The powder brush is very similar to the mac 150 brush. The bristles are not the softest but it seems to get an even powder coverage on my face and doesn't feel uncomfortable. My only qualm with this brush and the reason why I won't repurchase it is that the ink from the brush bleeds. Every single time I wash this brush, I see dark navy blue colouring come out. And I know I wasn't putting on blue foundation on my face!! I've had this brush for a few years now, and it's still making this colour.

2 - Bronzing powder brush is overall, a good brush. It is exactly what you would expect from a stippling brush. I never use it for bronze because I feel like it's a bit big for me, but I can see it being suitable for other people to use for bronze. Overall, it's a good brush and I would recommend it.

3 - The precision foundation brush is one of my most recent brush purchases and I would say it's one of my favourites. This brush is amazing. The bristles are very soft and dense. The shape is unique. The application is phenomenal for those who want medium to heavy coverage. It is very good with applying to smaller areas of the face such as beside the nose or around the mouth. I highly recommend this brush.

on 11/19/2011 9:26:00 PM

I bought the Quo bronzer brush at shoppers. I paid 20$ for it. I hated it since the first time I used it. It left bristles all over my face. Terrible quality!

Popular Makeup Brushes