Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.5

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, SD Alcohol 3-A, Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, Violet 2.

I have never had good luck with Sally Hansen products, and this is no exception. After a day my nail polish is peeling off, even with Seche Vite or Out the Door top coat. It also remains tacky forever, so my polish never fully sets. This is such a disappointing product.

I prefer this to Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat, and this is why ...

I use Double Duty as base coat once, and as a top coat over my nail varnish twice, letting it dry for a good ten minutes in between. Yes, it's a lengthy process compared to the Insta-Dri - but I've noticed when I use Double Duty this way, the results are always great.

My nails feel stronger, my nail varnish doesn't chip for over a good week, and the varnish doesn't bubble over on the nail (like the Insta-Dri).

So far, DD hasn't thickened / congealed like the Insta-Dri, which is good.

Would definitely buy again.

EDIT: It has thickened congealed after a year, but I suppose it's time to buy a new one right?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this as a base coat and top coat with a variety of nail polishes from OPI, SinfulColors and WnW Meglast polishes.

This base coat did a decent job in protecting my nails from staining. My nails also felt stronger after several weeks of using this (through 4-5 diff manis). As a top coat, this product isn't great. While it gave my manis a glossy finish, I noticed that my the color polish took longer to dry and was not much more chip-resistant compared to not using a topcoat.

The consistency if this base coat started getting thickening after 5 weeks of opening the bottle. I used a drop of OPI nail lacquer which seems to have brought it back to life... For now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've probably bought it 10 or 20 times already and I will always buy it. This is a dream come true. Since I've tried it, my nails went to a totally new level of perfection))

It dries quickly when the bottle is relatively new, it distributes evenly, it is so super shiny, plays on the sun perfectly, stays for long time. I can use it as a transparent cover to reinforce my nails, I can use it to give it some glow. I always use it before the polish to even the surface of the nail, I also always use it after polish to make it stay longer. If you refresh it from time to time it can literary stay on the nails for 1-2 weeks easily.

Another thing I do. If I made my nails just before I went to bed and they look awful in the morning, as they have these wrinkles and stuff, I just put one layer of Double Duty on top of it and it looks great, it sort of keeps the color, but corrects the texture.

100% of my friends can't imagine their life without it after they tried it following my recommendation or on their own.

This is by all means THE BEST product for nails (maybe the very best girly product ever) I've ever tried in my life.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's too thick as a base coat, doesn't help nail polish stick to the nail surface at all, if anything, it helps it separate from the nail faster. It's a decent top coat but nothing special.

This product works well, as a base and a top coat. Like all Sally Hansen strengthening polishes, it becomes quite thick as you get further down the bottle but it has never caused me any trouble due to the cheap price. My nails are brittle but with this as a base coat under my nail polish my nails do seem less likely to break. As a top coat, I have had a few chips but I'm partial to picking my nail polish off during the day. Overall I am very pleased this product, Sally Hansen products never fail to let me down.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love a product that does more. So I got this, happy that I would not need to get two different products for my nails. It is easy to apply and dries fast much to my delight. I am absolutely horrible at applying nail polish but this presented no problems for me. The top and base coat was not too thick either. Good product! But I don't really pain my nails now so I will not repurchase.

This is a VERY thick top coat and takes a very long time to dry. The nail polish isn't especially chip resistant and unless you are exceptionally careful with your hands you can find your entire nail of polish peeling off in a sheet despite having used this as a base coat. I've repurchased this once in the off chance it was just that one batch that was so thick and gloopy but, no, it's a characteristic of the polish.

Overall my favorite base/top coat i've tried so far! To be honest though, I'm too lazy to wait for them to dry and put a top coat on...but the base coat really helps my nails stay healthy underneath!

After years of disappointing products that promise long lasting results and don't deliver, here is one you can believe in. Two weeks of long lasting shiny wear! Fast drying too. I ran and bought another bottle. I never want to run out.. I used it over two coats of Sally's Right Said Red. I use my hands all the time and wash dishes,clean etc. It really is a great product.