DHC Liquid Eyeliner

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think the old reviews for this eyeliner are for an older edition and that it has since been revised. I bought this a few months ago to use at the gym - where I didn't want to futz with a separate brush, dab of water, and mineral eyeliner. It's really a great liquid eyeliner. It is super black and the tip comes to a fine point. But, as the other (more recent) reviewer noted, the tip is a brush which I think is easier to use. The older reviews say the look is subtle but I think this is a newer product and it's a true black liquid liner that you can make very thin or bold as you like. Personally, I wasn't looking for a black liquid liner per se when I bought this; who am I? Adele? So for an everyday look that I apply after a workout I just smudge the liquid around with a liner brush and it becomes a much less precise line.

I purchased the DHC Liquid Eyeliner EX in black. It is my favorite of the pen liners and I have tried Stila, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs, and a slew of drugstore liner pens. I love the DHC because of the inky black color (with a touch of shine--it is not matte), the ease of application, and ease of removal. I love that it stays put until you take it off. It is a brush-tip, not a felt-tip, which is my preference. I can get extremely precise just along the lashline for a natural look or do a big dramatic wing. The perfect amount of product comes out, it doesn't glob and also isn't dry in a way where you have to go over the line a few times. I am almost out of my first one and am ordering another soon. LOVE it!

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

Japanese brands often go for a extremely natural look. If you read Japanese beauty magazines, they teach girls how to have an extremely natural make up. DHC is one of the brands that help you with a make up that does not even seem that you have one!
I bought a brown eye liner and it is lighter than the other browns that I used. It is perfectly precise and natural.
If you are looking for a exaggerated makeup look (those look that says "yes I have a make up and really dark eyeliner") this is not what I recommend

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first DHC product I've used that I haven't liked. I got it in brown and the color is just way too light. If you are looking for a liquid eyeliner with an extremely natural look then this is the eyeliner for you, but if I'm going to use eyeliner than I want it to at least show up! I would not buy this again and I'm too lazy to send it back to DHC.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After years of using wear-off crayon eyeliners, I took the chance and ordered the DHC Liquid Eyeliner in brown. It is a bit of a darker brown than I would normally like, but it goes on so smoothly and flawlessly, I can deal with the color. The fine felt tip makes it extremely friendly for shaky eye liners like myself. Also, I actually had to use eye makeup remover to take it off which is unheard of for me. I am very oily and I can usually just wash other eyeliners off when I wash my face since they've already mostly worn off anyway! This is a new keeper for me...

I'm really glad that I took a chance and tried this product despite not finding any reviews of it anywhere. It's a slim, felt-tip eyeliner pen that can draw very thin lines to dramatic thick lines. I used to never wear liquid liner for my everyday look because even the thin lines (from using L'Oreal's line intensifique and Lancome's artliner) look too bold and obvious on me. However, with this product, I was actually able to draw thin, light lines that look very natural on me. The best part is that it stayed put on my oily lids for the whole day; no smudges even after splashing my face with water to wake up from a nap.