Almay Smart Shade Makeup SPF 15

Almay Smart Shade Makeup SPF 15
image 1image 2image 3

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%), Zinc Oxide (2.1%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Trisiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Galactoarabinan, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Boron Nitrate, Alcohol Denatured, Methicone, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Tetrasodium EDTA, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Zinc Oxide (CI77947)

this "foundation" is more like a bb cream in terms of coverage. I love that it is shade- matching so you don't need to go through the trouble of testing and finding your perfect shade. I used this back when I first started playing with foundations and didn't know anything yet. I them ventured out into makeup world trying everything I saw that appealed to me, so I set this aside for 3 or so years. this product really does not get enough love, idk why that is. if u like lite makeup/bb cream days, definitely pick this up and give it a go

on 6/23/2016 2:04:00 PM

This stuff does actually match my skin tone very well, with minimal effort put into application. I wouldn't call it full coverage, don't know that Almay does either. It's great for a quick look. I actually am highly satisfied with this. It actually does look good. I hope it keeps up the good work! I got it in shade 200, light/medium. I can see the medium being too dark or possibly orange as previous reviewers have said, but for my skin tone the 200 light/medium is perfect! Would definitely repurchase, and may actually do so sooner than later in case they decide to discontinue... EBay is a great place to buy, btw... And I am totally not affiliated with them (just mildly addicted...) And that is all! 😊

To Read all 494 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE,SAYS IT BLENDS IN TO MATCH SKIN,WHOS ORANGE OH YEA A CARROT.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This "foundation" is terrible. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to do but it fails anyway. It's too light weight to offer any real coverage, and sits on top of my skin so obviously. As for the skin matching aspect, it turned orange for me and looked dusty once it dried, maybe because of the grey it started out with? I only purchased this product as part of an Almay "try me free" promotion and I've never really been impressed with Almay products. Definitely stay away from this one.

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. no matter what I tried it would not stay on my face. It streaks so badly and doesn't have good coverage.

This was horrible, this has such a weird undertone, no coverage at all, not even like a bb cream, a big waste of money, made my skin look weird, i'm trowung this to the trash can

on 6/1/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff actually isn't too bad! I know there may be mixed reviews but personally my skin isn't too bad. I do have a little bit of acne scarring that is fading rather quickly, but it has no trouble covering it. It doesn't have a smell, and the texture feels a little funny on the skin at first but goes away after a few seconds. There's tiny little beads in this foundation that essentially "burst" when buffed into the skin. I use this product with my fingers, and it is very very light. Good for like a high school/college student who doesn't wanna wear makeup but wants a little something to even out skin tone if they don't need a lot of coverage. You could always go in and spot conceal with a concealer. I love this product for exactly that, and the fact that is has SPF is a plus as well!!

on 5/13/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation on a whim because I couldn't find my normal one, and I have to say I don't really care for it. I bought the shade in 200, "light/medium." The foundation itself is a white/grey liquid with different speckles of dark and light foundation. I find it's a little strange because it leaves my skin looking a tad grey when it's blended in. I also find that the foundation has little to no coverage. The only pluses about this product are how light it feels on the skin and the SPF 15. Honestly though, I feel like this could just be a glorified sunscreen. The price point on this foundation also seems kind of high. It ranges from $8 - $15 for one ounce of product. I won't be repurchasing this.

Finally, a foundation that works for a warm toned pale face! Most "Light" colored foundations assume you are cool or pink. Or they have too much brown in them. This one enables my face to match my ears for a change!!!

If your skin has warm undertones, I recommend this foundation. It is very light. Get the matching concealer to cover anything you need to cover.

on 3/17/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This product comes out as white cream with tiny gray beads. The whole cream changes color as you rub it in, if you look closely you see all the color is in the beads. I think they always turn into the same color regardless. I even rubbed the product between two sheets of white kitchen towel and it came out orangey foundation colored.
This made me sure that the only reason they have it as a white product is so you get to see it magically transform; It's not adapting, however; all you're doing is mixing the foundation - on your face.

So as far as skin matching this is just like any other cc or bb cream.

Aside from the deceptive and medieval alchemy claims, this product does not perform badly at all as sunscreen ( it's zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based which I like) and non greasy base.

If it matched my yellow-toned skin I would at least finish the bottle. But on me it's neutral leaning ashy pink.