2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

On a whim I reached for this product in my old fashioned caboodle. It was given to me as a gift to try. Without a beauty blender I dabbed a teeny amount on the t-zone or what is called the butterfly area, cheeks, forehead and a speck on the chin. I blended lightly with the ring and pinky finger and then completed the rest with a good foundation brush by Avon. Immediately I saw remarkable results. The shade blended just right into my skin without a hint of discoloring. It provided full coverage without caking hiding some of my microdermabrasion ie “Sun spots”. After seeing the results I finished the look with ID mineral veil lightly using a fan brush. All I can say is fabulous results. Lasted 5 good hours on the skin before washing it off. In conclusion Almay smart shade is as great as high quality boutique foundation and I’ve never been pleased with Almay products. This should say allot.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

2.0

5 months ago

Another Hot n flashy recommendation that definitely worked poorly on my skin. I bought the light medium which should have worked with my skin tone. This applies patchy no matter how much I blended, immediately settled into lines, and turned orange. Not even worth the 10$.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

I decided to use this again during a budget makeup spree. I had used it for years ( old formula) and loved it. This is crap. It's greasy and slightly waxy, and it broke me out horribly. I am 51, so I've not had acne for a long time. In fact before using this I had practically flawless skin. Not now. I have a face full of whiteheads, and even the Rimmel 24 hour did not do this. Despite being cheap and looking like a full face of Merle Norman from back in the day. My advice run from this if you have sensitive skin. It's awful.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

2.0

3 years ago

Turned to orange ( I bought lightest shade), semi sheer coverage. Went on nicely is about the best I can say for this. Might even work with building the color, but the bizarre orange color change makes it fly into the garbage can.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

I picked this up because I was looking for a summer foundation that needed minimal work to apply- ie. no beauty blender/brushes. First off, SPF 15 is a JOKE. It does nothing. It's a ploy to be able to jack up the price. Don't think you won't need to wear something under it with a higher SPF. Same goes for SPF 20 or 25- just a general point. Anyway, this foundation goes on very easily with minimal blending. Coverage wise, it's not great. If you're having a good skin day and want to show it off without going bare, this is the foundation for you. It's slightly buildable, but eventually it just feels cakey and greasy, so minimal application and then going in with a higher coverage concealer is your best bet. It doesn't cling to dry patches either or oxidise horribly, which is nice. For sure set this with a powder though, just to help it hold up. This foundation has a SLIGHT shimmer to it, so if matte is your thing, this might not be for you, but I found it to be really subtle. Then again, I set with a matte powder and spray, so take that with a grain of salt. This also has quite a sticky finish- even with powder. It never goes away completely, but once it has a while to settle, it's not too bad. Honestly, this isn't a bad product by any means. It's just rather purpose specific? I wouldn't use this in winter, I wouldn't use it if my skin wasn't looking great, and I wouldn't wear it for a going-out look. But as a day foundation- going to work, going to the beach, running errands, it's light and nice, if applied with a light hand. So really, it's not too bad.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Pros: 1. Good coverage (I have a red birthmark all over my face and in 1 coat is enough to reduce the redness. 2 coats almost completely eliminates it) The new formula (with the three drops) does match to undertone. However, the old formula always has a slight yellow undertone. 2. stays on a long time. the coverage does decrease but I haven't worn it when I was outside sweating so I bet if you weren't sweating it wouldn't even fade Cons: 1. While you can wear more than one layer, once you start layering the foundation doesn't feel weightless anymore. 2.It's to be expected with a makeup that stays on this long, but it's really hard to get off. Even with double-cleansing you do have to scrub your face to get every bit off. 3. It transfers like crazy unless you use a setting spray. I tried setting it with powder, and with water, and while it transferred less than with nothing, you really need an actual spray to get it to stay in place

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBrown

4 years ago

this "foundation" is more like a bb cream in terms of coverage. I love that it is shade- matching so you don't need to go through the trouble of testing and finding your perfect shade. I used this back when I first started playing with foundations and didn't know anything yet. I them ventured out into makeup world trying everything I saw that appealed to me, so I set this aside for 3 or so years. this product really does not get enough love, idk why that is. if u like lite makeup/bb cream days, definitely pick this up and give it a go

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

This stuff does actually match my skin tone very well, with minimal effort put into application. I wouldn't call it full coverage, don't know that Almay does either. It's great for a quick look. I actually am highly satisfied with this. It actually does look good. I hope it keeps up the good work! I got it in shade 200, light/medium. I can see the medium being too dark or possibly orange as previous reviewers have said, but for my skin tone the 200 light/medium is perfect! Would definitely repurchase, and may actually do so sooner than later in case they decide to discontinue... EBay is a great place to buy, btw... And I am totally not affiliated with them (just mildly addicted...) And that is all! ????

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE,SAYS IT BLENDS IN TO MATCH SKIN,WHOS ORANGE OH YEA A CARROT.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This "foundation" is terrible. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to do but it fails anyway. It's too light weight to offer any real coverage, and sits on top of my skin so obviously. As for the skin matching aspect, it turned orange for me and looked dusty once it dried, maybe because of the grey it started out with? I only purchased this product as part of an Almay "try me free" promotion and I've never really been impressed with Almay products. Definitely stay away from this one.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool