benefit Cosmetics Benetint

benefit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 1/14/2019 1:33:00 AM

I finally bought this after years of putting it off and I could not be more disappointed.

My biggest issue is that it is not nearly as buildable as I was led to believe. Even after multiple layers, I barely noticed any color on my lips and that's saying something as my lips are normally very pale. I'm also not a fan of the packaging and nail polish brush applicator. Yes, I knew it was like that going in but I had hoped I could make it work and get used to it. That doesn't seem to be happening. I also felt an odd numbing sensation when I first applied it. It didn't hurt and it went away after a couple minutes, but I still thought that was a little weird and concerning.

Overall, I really wanted to like this and hoped it would become my new everyday lip product but unfortunately, it fell flat for me.

on 1/13/2019 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love high beam but this is a huge no for me. i love the fact that it gives me a really nice rosy glow. However, it sets before i have a chance to blend it out so if im not fast enough, my blush will look like red weird dot on my face.

on 1/12/2019 11:10:00 AM

I have been using this since I was a teenager and still love it to this day. I find that it's the perfect natural flush on my pale skin, it's the exact same colour my cheeks would go if I were blushing. It's long lasting on the skin, but does require quick blending after application. I use the mini version and one bottle lasts a long time.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

it's bad at being a lip tint and a cheek tint. far too runny on my lips; far too clowny on my cheeks.

on 11/8/2018 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I tried this in a few different shades. My issue with it is that it's very heavily pigmented, so doesn't spread easily and tends to bunch and look like little kid make up. Perhaps because I am fair/blonde this product range is too intense - even the lightest pink. Loved the idea of it, and the small size seems to last a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for similar reasons to most people, I'd assume- kpop. You can't look at the lips on those guys and not want to achieve a similar look. I'll admit that this product does the trick. It's not sticky, it dries down well, and it builds well. Multiple applications can give your lips a bit of a rough feel, but doesn't cause any visible texture, so I'm fine with that. So far it hasn't been settling too deeply in the lines of my lips either. Layering a gloss on top, like Mac's clear lipglass can help if it's drying you out at all. And the look is flawless.

My only real issue with the product is that while it certainly has good staying power, WHERE it stays can be iffy. The colour pay off can be a little patchy. I have a sample of Posey, so I can't speak to the other colours, although I would think the problem would be exacerbated with the darker tints. I've never used this as a blush and don't ever plan on it as I prefer powder, so I can't give an opinion on that.

Not a fan of the packaging- I think a squeeze tube with some sort of applicator on the end would be a little more user friendly, although I'll admit since you're going to be using your finger to dab at it anyway, it probably doesn't make much difference in the end. It's quite liquidy though, so the nail polish style brush can be a little bleh- and I would think it'd be very annoying on the full size bottle. I've seen people complain about how liquidy it is, but I mean, it's a tint? You need to dab it with your fingers to get that faded look. Used with that in mind, the product serves its purpose. Just keep in mind you're going to have one tinted finger tip.

Overall, if you're looking for that Kpop lip look, this is a great product. Just pay attention to see if it's patchy, and it's easy to build it up in those spots without it gunking up. Some people may find it drying, but I find that layering a clear gloss keeps it in check if it's an issue.

on 8/30/2018 1:24:00 PM

I HATE THE PACKAGING. anyways other than the weird nail polish brush this product is great. its a natural color for both lips and cheeks. it looks so natural no one will know you have this on. Though it doesnt last as long as id like. I am nc20 nw20 neutral light skintone and it shows up as a rosey tint on both lips and cheeks. it can be built up to a more intense color also. its hard to apply and can get messy so i hate the brush... it is expensive but this will last you a longggggg time. it has a nice rose scent to it that smells really nice and pretty. I wear this on days where i literally have 5 seconds to get ready or i take this with me in my purse and just go ham in the car and i look refreshed and awake. i dab this on my lips and put a couple dots on my cheeks and im good to go.

edit- okay so i havent been reaching for this after getting some blushes and lippies from mac. i noticed if i go bare faced no makeup ill just have nothing but lipbalm on. i havent reached for this at all so its now just sitting there. I might return this. I think the reason being it doesnt last long on the lips or cheeks so i just think eh why bother. i can just pinch my cheeks and scrub m lips to get similar effects.

This dried out my cheeks and lips so bad I had pimples on both. Never had a pimple on my lip before like this. Then I discovered there is carmine aka cockroach extract in the ingredients, which I’m allergic to. Good job benefit!

on 7/27/2018 3:17:00 PM

The tint is a good concept but upon application, the texture is kind of hard to blend and doesn't blend well. You end up with blotches of pink on your cheeks.

on 7/21/2018 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A really awesome lip/cheek stain. I have the mini and have used it pretty consistently, but lightly, since October. I typically layer it under a plumping gloss for a natural look, or put it on my cheeks for a nice, dewy flush. It lasts pretty well, but it's so sheer it takes a lot to build up.

Popular Blush Products