Ren mayblossom and konjac moisturiser

No Image

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Using this alone doesn't provide enough moisture, so I consider it more of a serum before a moisturiser. As a serum, it keeps my skin clear. I'm using it in conjunction to the Clarimatte cleansing gel and mask. Works wonders for me. So glad I decided to give it a go as I haven't had much luck with pricier products I've used in the past.

on 3/26/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not moisturizing enough for over 40 skin in my view.

on 3/26/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is now called "Clarimatte T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel".

I got a sample of this to try out and I really like it. It smells nice, keeps my skin calm and matte (almost) all day. I use this under the Origins VitaZing and for that it is perfect. Since using this my skin has been clear and calmed. And I see a difference in my poresize too! My match for summer!

on 3/19/2011 5:39:00 PM

A saleslady gave me a sample of this to try.

I love the smell of it (sort of like lavender, very nice) and the way it feels when I apply it to my skin. It sinks in fast and leaves my skin feeling matte and velvety.

However it doesn't provide enough moisture, so I had to apply extra moisturiser to my cheeks and forehead. It's really expensive as well, so I don't think I would buy it,

on 6/15/2010 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this as part of a kit for combination skin. I've been desperate to find a moisturiser that works for my congested, oily skin. This one does! After only two days my skin looked clearer and felt softer. Really! There was a slight sheen on my forehead by afternoon but much less so than with other moistuisers I've tried. However, I can't use it as it irritated my skin - I'm sensitive to fragrances, even essential oils so I'm guessing it's something like that. It's still in my bathroom cabinet though. I haven't given up yet!!

on 2/24/2010 3:49:00 PM

A wonderful light moisturizer, perfect to use in the morning and under makeup. Works a bit as a primer! It is perfect for a bit oily/combination skin, however it might be not enough for people with dry skin. I complement it with Suki's or one of Ren's serums at night. Great packaging by the way, very hygienic.

I worked at the SPA that carried REN products. So I tried them all! All products are very clean and natural, smell great, and most of them have a great vacuum pump dispenser . But the retail price is waaaay to high (I had 50% off as a SPA employee). If you can afford the products-try them, but don't expect any miracles. They are great for normal healthy skin, but if you need some correction or serious anti-aging program for your skin (acne, pigmentation, deep wrinkles , etc ) thees products are not for you. Ren has great moisturizers ans this one is not an exception. Light weight, almost gel like texture, gret for my combination skin. I used it at night and during day with sunscreen under my make-up. I liked it a lot , but probably will not buy it again: the ingredients are way to simple and basic. So... why do they charge so much for Ren products? The answer is simple: Because they can:-)...

I like this moisturizer a lot. It is very light so probably not moisturizing enough for use during cold weather months. It's super lightweight and it doesn't cause my skin to breakout. Love that it's an all-natural skin care line without any harmful chemical ingredients. I have repurchased twice.

on 4/11/2009 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this for a friend whose skin breaks out literally with everything. Sometimes it's not really acne, just clogged pores. He's the type that just washes with soap and water and really could barely be bothered to use a moisturizer. This fit the bill and has been a rare repurchase.

on 3/27/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've used REN products in the past (their juniper facial scrub), which I wasn't too fond of, BUT THIS MOISTURIZER ROCKS!! I've always used retail store brands like Olay, Neutrogena, Almay, etc. but they were too heavy or I would get periodic breakouts. I thought perhaps it was because my skin's breakout prone, but with this moisturizer, I've had less breakouts and it's evening out my skin texture. I can tell it's the moisturizer because I've kept all other parts of my skin care regimen the same. While I do need to blot for excess oil later in the day, my skin is producing less oil than it did before (I just need to accept that my skin, especially my T-zone area, will never be truly matte). I bought this product as an impulse buy at Sephora. It's quite expensive, but I think it's worth it. My skin looks and feels better than it has in a while. Plus, I only need a teeny tiny amount to cover my entire face. One pump is all it takes for me, and I do have combination skin too, and my drier areas have never felt tight. The associate at Sephora told me that the product is concentrated, so that you only need to use a little bit (I discovered that it doesn't absorb well if there's too much product), so I think the bottle will last a while. I also like how the product is in an airtight babybottle-like container to keep it from being exposed to containments in the air. Next, I want to try their Frankincense & Boswellia Serrata Revitalising Repair Cream (night cream) and Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask, but I gotta save up for those...

I also love that the brand is super natural, free of sulfates and petrochemicals, and also very environmentally conscious. I used to think that perhaps my skin needed the harsher chemical-based products in order to be under control, but this product has shown me that natural-based products can be very effective on my skin (plus they're probably better for my skin in the long-run).