Lancome Color Design

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Lancome Color Design

4.1

My mom gave me a little 4 color eye compact like a million years ago....and I am still wearing it today. This is probably the oldest piece of makeup I own and I refuse to get rid of it. They stopped making the shades but I have spotted it on ebay and see this as a birthday present in the future. Lancome shadows are the best shadows around and with a primer they last a long time...

LancĂ´me eyeshadow is by far one of my favorite shadows on the market! Even though its a solid (dry) shadow, it had a nice creamy feel. (Dry, soft creamy texture...not actually wet!) A little goes a long way and I love how it adheres to the brush perfectly. It doesn't fall off or just not stick. It spreads evenly and the color is so vivid, what you see is what you get. No mind games. They have a wonderful color selection, although I would prefer a bit more in between colors. Shimmery, glittery and matte! Gotta love a selection.

on 12/1/2012 4:55:00 PM

I have this in no 121 Classy Stiletto which has a lustrous finish. In the pan this looks like a shimmery pink shade. When swatched you can see it has more depth to it and has a taupe undertone to it. I have several other eyeshadows that look similar in the pan but swatch as pure pink. This is so much nicer and it is very soft and east to work with.
I would describe it as a satin finish with a medium amount of shimmer. It looks more glowy than shimmery on the eyelid. I have experienced no fallout during application or weartime.
The sliding package is not the sturdiest in the world but very easy to open,has a see through panel and does click shut. I've had mine 4 months now and it hasnt broken yet. Very impressed with this eyeshadow.

on 1/26/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a quad with bronze, brown, blue, and champagne shadows. The shades are pretty and go well together, but the pigmentation is not nearly intense enough, so the whole looks gets watered down. The lasting power is below my standards as well, and the colors aren't exceptional enough to merit purchasing on that alone.

on 10/14/2007 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've always been a MAC-addict but lately, I've really been getting into Lancome. I really like the texture of these eye shadows and I find myself buying these over MAC and other brands more often. My favorite colors are Strut, Garment, and Latte.

on 12/10/2006 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Positive (Matte beige shade). I've been using MAC Shroom forever and at 35 yo thought maybe matte w/be better for me.... this eyeshadow along w/Fatale which I just got too = the eye look that Kate Walsh has on Grey's Anatomy: beautiful classy understated and age-appropriate..... I use this w/Bare Esccentuals liner quad or bobbi Brown gel eyeliner = awesome, love it, can't say enough. Wish the packaging were a bit sturdier, am wary of carrying in makeup bag, seems like it could break.

on 9/23/2006 2:25:00 PM

I have 4 of these shadows:
Personal Style (metallic aqua/blue),
Luring (purple/green duochrome),
Style Section (metallic silver), and Fashion Forward (metallic light seafoam green).

The Color Design shadows have some very unique and pretty colors and textures, especially the metallic and sheen finishes. (Although some of them are MAC/Urban Decay lookalikes) The price is reasonable compared to other department store lines. They don't last as long as my MAC shadows do, even with primer potion or paints as a base. However, I will probably head over to the Lancome counter and pick some more up when I need to satisfy a new makeup urge and don't want to wait for a MAC or NARS order to arrive in the mail. ;)

on 6/20/2006 9:05:00 AM

These are just ok. I am in europe so I have some european shades: Downtown Cafe, Girly Rose, Sentimental Blue and Silver Shines. Many shades are incredibly frosty and metallic like Silver Shines, Sentimental Blue and Girly Rose. Girly Rose is very sheer too. Downtown cafe is matte and most versatile shade but it is also pretty sheer. And I love the new packaging without the stupid applicator. I feel sentimental blue is harder to blend. Silver shines too frosty to be flattering and Girly rose too shiny for polished look. I think these are just not for me. I prefer Dior and Chanel so much more. EDIT: just edited to say that I find these eye shadows performing fabulously as a wet liners. Colors become more vibrant, and seriously, I have never experienced any other eye shdow performing this well when moistened.

I purchased this in MAKEOVER, I had been looking for the perfect pink to wear for summer. This is my first Lancome eyeshadow and I have to say this is the prettiest shade of shimmery/metallic pink. It is a medium to dark pink and it almost looks like it has a slight pinkish/lavendar cast when the light catches it in certain ways. The formula is very pigmented and applies like silk. The color has stayed true throughout the day with no creasing. With my tan this color looks awesome, I am so impressed by this eyeshadow that I am looking to purchase more. This purchase was worth every penny, It is my new HG eyeshadow.