Liz Earle Liz Earle - Gentle Face Exfoliator

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 4/9/2017 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This product came in the set I bought with the cleanse, tone and moisturiser. My skin is quite dry and I definitely feel this exfoliater would be more suited to a combination/ oily skin as this dried my skin out. The product does state not suitable for sensitive skin. My skin is pretty sensitive and I didn't have a problem with stinging the only thing was it did make me a bit dry. The cleanse,
Tone and moisturise products in the pale blue packaging are absolutely amazing products that I will
Definitely continue to use however this scrub I will probably
Give away as it didn't really work for me. Gave three stars as it isn't a bad product but just think would be more suited to a different skin type than me. If you have dry skin I don't feel you need an additional exfoliater as the Muslin cloths do a fantastic job at lightly exfoliating in your cleanse. Not too dissapointing as it was worth a try haven't wasted too much money and found three other amazing products from Liz Earle (hot cloth cleanser, toner booster and moisturiser) that I will be sticking with from now on!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I'm pregnant which results in skin being much more sensitive however i haven't reacted to this! It smells amazing just like the cleanse and polish and leaves skin so soft! Will be buying again! Thanks Liz Earle!

on 11/20/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a freebie, and the fact that such an effective product was free is a massive bonus. It is rather good, made my skin feel clean and smooth. I have sensitive skin but it did not react negatively to it. I will repurchase.

on 8/17/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I turned to this after realising my old exfoliator was causing breakouts. It has the same base as c&p, so l guessed it would be fine on my skin. Same smell too. I use a muslin cloth to remove remnants after rinsing. It is gentle, and there's no stripped or tight feeling afterwards. It's not the most effective l've ever used, but l will repurchase as it helps keep my skin clear. I use it once a week.

I like this exfoliator. It is not heavy duty so not harsh in any way but it is effective for mild exfoliation and pleasant to use. It's like Cleanse and Polish with beads. Some people will find it a bit too rich though. I've just upped my rating on this as I found it removed some seasonal (winter) flaky skin that had appeared on two areas of my face in just one go with no redness. I think it's Liz Earle's best product.

I am a LIz Earle "Groupie" and this is one of my most favorite products. I use it three times a week to get my skin free of dead skin/ old tissue and also to get the it ready for my new product, SuperBalm, which is a new one for me because I have only been using it for about a year and don't want to waste it by not having the product go into my skin because the dead tissue is overwhelming my skin and not permitting it to let the SuperBalm enter into my prepared skin. By prepared I mean it's easily penetrated because the dead tissue has been removed before the new product is easily used to help my skin become smooth and heathy. I love the feel of SuperBalm because it truly makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and unlike any other product I have ever used. When I first put it on it feels a bit oily but it only takes a few moments to have the product go into my skin and leave it smooth and soft so I use it at least three to five times a week night depending on how much my skin needs the product. If it's very dry I use it more often but if it's moist, I can get away with less times so I have to gauge by my own barometer that I now have built in to my system. It takes a bit to determine what my skin needs but once I do so I am able to have the most beautiful skin around even more spectacular than my skin was when I first learned from my Aunt from NYC, at the age of five, how to properly wash my face and let it get dry by splashing cold water on my skin util my Aunt showed me how to make my skin squeak by splashing cold water on my face and neck. I still use her technique over 55 years later and with my skin as heathy as it ever was plus nicer thanks to Liz Earle. One night about six months ago my husband used MY Liz Earle Exfoliator and came running out of his bathroom to demand I feel his skin. I was shocked to feel that with one treatment his skin was smoother and much more pleasing so we both decided he needed his OWN tube of exfoliator for his bath. And he's very happy when he remembers to use the product as ofter as he should but at least he get the benefit of using it somewhat more than not at all. So we are now a two family Liz Earle user!

on 11/29/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As other reviewers have said, I didn't find it that exfoliating BUT I feel the muslin cloth with the Cleanse & Polish does enough without requiring this product as well. It does smell lovely though and was great on my sensitive skin. The beads in it are large but bear in mind that any products that have jagged particles will create microscopic tears on the top layer of your skin.

I love this range and have tried most things in it, but I just didn't feel this was for me. I think if you want something gentle and you don't use a hot cloth cleanser then it might be worth a try.

A cheaper alternative when I need a good scrub is Sodium Bicarb (used very gently mind) but I rarely need it now.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I got a sample tube of this in a swap. Lovely scrub but a little too gentle for me i prefer LUSH's Ocean Salt which is a bit more effoliating.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I recieved this as a freebie for buying a seasonal "cleanse and polish" kit. I love the full size freebies you get by doing that, even though it means I still end up buying more toner (I run out of it first.) I don't know if I would have bought this for itself, but when my skin is a bit dull and needs some help, this does the job wonderfully. It's not harsh like other exfoliants. You don't feel like you're rubbing sand all over your face, but rather like there are tiny beads at work. Good product.

on 4/5/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Not a bad product however I do believe it is too gentle for my liking...I use exfoliators like st ives so this is a big change.
It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry which harsher exfoliators can do which I really like about it.
A good product for someone who doesn't wants something harsh.