Philosophy Handmade Hand Cream

2.3

on 7/26/2007 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the formula. The butters are wonderful and feel so good on dry, irritated hands. However, the scent is nauseating. It is very sweet, in fact I find it sickly sweet. I tried to give it away because I knew I would never use it, and all of my friends hated the smell too. The first time I tried it, my husband actually asked me to stop using it because the scent bothered him so much.

on 12/23/2006 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I loved the lemony scent of this hand cream, but that is about it. The cream is very rich, too rich, and it quite greasy, even when used sparingly. It doesnít absorb very well or quickly. It does moisturize, but I didnít like the side effects. I got this as a sample and gave the remainder to my mother. My mother, who has dry skin, liked it, but she didnít like it enough to buy it. I wonít buy either. I like Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Lotion better, and both are cheaper.

on 7/16/2006 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This hand cream was too greasy for me. If you are someone who loves a hand cream with shea butter and lots of other butters, then you would probably like this. But if you are like me and like your hand cream to absorb instantly, then this is not for you. I was hoping I'd like it since the scent is nice, but I'll just stick with my HG: Avon's Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream.

on 12/8/2005 2:05:00 PM

Hmmm.. how could a hand cream go wrong?! This cream did nothing to heal my cracked hands. Even Burt's Bee's ($1.5) and Shiseido drugstore cream ($3) did a perfect job in moisturizing my hands. But Philosophy's handmade hand cream didn't do anything - i put it on, and it disappears, and my hands still feel very dry. The overpowering scent of this cream is also quite annoying, to me.