Crisco for Hair and Body

Crisco for Hair and Body

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS).

on 4/28/2018 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I have 4c/4d hair. I used to use shea butter to seal my hair. After doing a bit of research, to my shock I learned some people were putting crisco on their hair. It sounded crazy. After watching videos of people flat ironing their hair with crisco, doing a twist out with crisco etc, I decided to give it a try since I had crisco in my kitchen. I put some in a separate container and tried it out
I've never looked back. Since my hair is naturally dry it need heavy products. Crisco works just like shea butter would. It's cheap and easy to find. To moisturize I start on wet hair, add a leave in conditioner and finish off by adding crisco. It makes my hair manageable, it has great slip, great for detangling. I've used it for 3-4 years, I love it!

on 3/17/2018 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whip two cups Crisco with 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil to make more skin-absorbent. Add cedar or other essential oil for scent.

on 12/27/2015 11:16:00 AM

I recently had some Crisco in my kitchen because of my Christmas cookie making and remembered hearing a story of a friend's grandma having beautiful skin from using Crisco. So, I decided to use it on my face. I first used it as a "mask ' then washed it off. For the next 4 days used it as a lotion in place of my regular lotion. Wow- it works better than my $$$ face lotion. My forehead lines are majorly diminished, as if I had Botox. Could this be the Holy Grail? The ingredients are all veg oil (soybean). I was surprised because I thought it would be animal fat.

Wow. I have always used it as a diaper rash cream with my 4 daughters, but never tried it on me. Just looked it up cause I'm watching the help. Will be trying it now because of the reviews. Thanks.

on 4/12/2014 9:48:00 AM

After reading the reviews here, I used Crisco to make my own body scrub (1 part crisco, 1 part olive oil plus a little more for consistency, sugar, essential oil). I use it at the end of my shower, rinse, then towel off. This works better than any moisturizing lotions or body butters I own!

I've tried Crisco as a body cream but it is so thick on its own. Now I'm trying to cut it with coconut oil, to see if that can lighten the texture a little. But even if that doesn't work, I'll keep using it! I melt it, add a few drops of essential oil, then put it in a small jar.

on 1/27/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

AMAZING as a hair moisturizer and heat protectant. I use very little, applying from ends up, and it leaves my hair soft, smooth, and lustrous. It adds a beautiful shine without looking greasy (I use only a small amount!). It also helps my pressed hair stay straight in humidity. Awesome stuff.

on 12/10/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i might be the only one here that cannot use this. not only does it smell funky, but it just sits on top of my face and not sink in

on the face: i get whiteheads, blackheads the very next day. i stopped using it for months, then tried again. same thing...takes a while to recover

on the body: way too oily and does not absorb well, greasy yet not hydrating enough

best on cracked feet.

on 10/3/2013 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love crisco! Sure it's weird using a baking product on your body , but everyone is into
"Natural" skin care so whatever. I apply crisco after I dry myself after a shower and it keeps my skin soft and supple. I don't use it on my face (cos I only put sunscreen on it, but that's another story) so I don't know if it would cause any breakouts.

Bottom line is: this stuff is cheap and last for months. I bought the wrapped sticks which was silly cos they have horrible packaging, so i tranferred the crisco into a glass jar. Convenient to use. Crisco also doesn't leave an oily residue like baby oil, which I also use, so that's nice if I'm going straight to bed.

Bonus TMI time: Crisco is actually good for your vulva, or so I've seen in medical articles online (look it up!). Keeps the skin down there soft at least ;)

Super impressed that this works so well. I don't think i'll ever be brave enough to put it on my face, but it does wonders for the rest of my body. I made a lip balm out of crisco and kool aid and I have soft supple lips. Before I started making crisco lip balm that was never possible. This recipe also helps me save money since kool aid and crisco are super inexpensive. I would highly reccomend this as a lip balm or body butter (but beware, a little goes a long way).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT i have sensitive skin and have used Crisco for over 1 year. my skin looks great and is smooth even in winter. I use it at night also on my feet and heels. for $3.59 its worth the money. My husband laughs at me when he sees the label so I put it in a pretty antique jar!

Popular Body Skincare Products