MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Very pretty color! I use brush 188 with this. Suits both NC and NW.
Easy to adjust the color -from light touch on your cheeks -to heavy touch.
Beautiful over MACs Mineralize satinfinish fondation.

(If you are unable to get a hold on this- try MACs Blush "Springsheen" instead - its very similar.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this again...if I ever ran out AND it was not LE. I got lucky in obtaining this item, and I'm glad I did. In any case, on my NC25 skin, this goes on peachy pink and slightly shimmery. I was surprised by how nice it looks on me. A nice addition to the MAC mineralize line...if they make it permanent.

Edit 5/2011: I find I'm using this more now as the weather warms up and I'm getting a bit of color. The slight shimmer is nice. I wish I could try the older formulation, as many people seem to like that one better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of all the hype that was on the internet. I like the color a lot in the pan and as a blush. It is a lovely color but a bit too light on my NC 35 skin. Because of this, I usually layer it over NARS orgasm blush and love the goldish/peachy shimmer. However..I noticed that after several hours it starts coming off rather unevenly. This does not happen to any other blushes I have used. Also, I was really hoping that I could use this as a highlighter but it has much too much peachiness to be a highlighter. I didn't notice it as much in person but in pictures it was more obvious. I like this product a lot but I don't think I would repurchase..considering there are other highlighters that are more multi-functional (like Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks) that I can use over blush and use as an overal face highlighter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with many other reviewers that I dont get what all the hype was about! I do like this but holy hell it sold out online with in 2 hrs if not less and the stores were out before it was even released! I was lucky enough to get one that a subbie of mine on youtube got for me but she stayed up refreshing her computer ALL night till they released it so I love her for that I love the product cause of all the hell that we went thru to get it LOL but really its a nice coral shimmery color. If you are fair like me you need to be EXTRA careful not to over do it and that can happen VERY easily! I highly recommend using a duo fiber brush like the 187 or 188 or the blush duo fiber (thats what I use) but I dont remember the # LOL they seem to get a nice light application for my fair skin so I dont go around looking ORANGE or clownish. It is a nice Coral shimmer shade which is hard to use if you are wearing anything cool toned on your face so I normally only use it when I am wearing a face of warm toned products.
I do like it a lot I just cant believe the hype that came around it cause I got 3 with this collection and I like them all the same! Stereo Rose Petticoat and By Candlelight. They will last a life time and are very nice to have in a collection but necessary I dont think so!!
Also MAC keeps uping the price of their stuff! Even if it was $2 that makes a difference when you are getting 3.
I just hope that stops cause they are making a killing!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was one of the lucky few that got my SR from MAC online when it came out (for two hours!) and received my package today.
This MSF is PERFECT for my skintone. At first I wasn't sure that I'd like it, because corals usually don't work for me - but wow!
I'd love to be able to find a normal MAC blush that could compare to this. A+, Stereo Rose. It isn't a pinkish blusher, but wow... its just incredible!

I just tried the repromoted Stereo Rose and it doesn't seem as good as the original release Stereo Rose. Although it is very smooth, silky and buttery, it seems more pale and frosty/chalky. I wonder if they changed their formula for the worse? I do know that colors may vary depending on veining. The one I tried was frosty pale peach, not coral.

this msf was released today in england so i picked one up just to see what all the hype was about. im pale skinned and i thought it would make a nice blush, i was expecting it to look along the lines of ripe peach blusher colour wise, but i think i will be using it as a top of the cheek bone highlighter when im wearing brown or peach blushers. the colour is a very shimmery peachy, bronzey, antique rose gold colour, its hard to describe. although im glad ive got it and will use it, its not something that i would get a backup of even if they were to never release it again. one last thing i did notice though is i only slightly touched it with my brush and it was very dont know how to say this, not crumbly but powdery, as in alot of product went everywhere, are all msfs like this or have i a dodgy one?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have Dark Brown Hair,Blue Eyes,Dry Skin thats Light/light Medium.

This is my first Skinfinish and I love it!!

Stereo Rose makes the perfect shimmery highlighter blush on me. On my skin tone it shows up a pink w a coral-y cast a has a nice shimmer to it. Very pretty.

On observation tho,I did notice that when I wore a base(Tinted Moisturizer) then applied the SF on top it was much brighter and applied smoother.
WHen I applied it to my skin alone(no base) it was lighter,which was nice also,but it went on a bit blotchy. The reason I believe for this is I have dry skin that can have dry patches and the product just grabbed onto those patches. To credit MAC,the MA did say that if you have dry skin you should exfoliate before using.
So I did a test today. I exfoliated in the shower and made sure to apply an emoillient moisturizer and applied my skinfinish. Results were GREAT! No blotchiness. So any girls w dry skin,I would recommend this method. Obviously I needed to exfoliate anyways! LOL

Overall Im extremely happy w this product! It really gives me a healthy flush and a glow!
I just gave 4 stars instead of 5 b/c of the blotchiness. But still a wonderful product!! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG - LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Mac's description: "pure shimmery coral with golden/bronze nuances." I'm a huge fan of coral & gold/bronze, so this Skinfinish is pretty much perfect for me. Reminds me of a more pigmented, peachier (less pink, that is) Nars Orgasm. Stereo Rose looks SO PRETTY in the container - like handmade soap/paper. :P It also looks lovely on the lips, over a coat of lipbalm. I usually don't believe in stocking up on LE products, but I think I'm going to have this time, especially if I cannot find a lipstick that gives the same effect! I just use a regular blush brush to apply this - no need to purchase the MAC stippling (aka skunk) brush if you plan to use this as a blush, like me. Btw, I'm a MAC C3/C4 & JI Golden Glow. I recommend everyone to try this out & buy it! If you end up not liking it, you can always give it to me. :P US$22/CAD$27