Maxiglide iron

Filtered by skin type : Oily
 Maxiglide iron

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this flat iron. I got it for Christmas in 2004. The only negative I have is that I wish it were about 1/2" thinner, but my hair is waist length, so maybe I don't.

I shampoo, condition, detangle, apply leave in, dry (air or blow), and section my hair into four parts, applying whatever serum before flat ironing, but after my hair is cooled. I pull this very slowly through my hair and it's smooth and shines like crazy. Another big plus for me is that my hair doesn't smell flat ironed when I'm done.

The pins aren't meant to detangle, so if you're having issues with the pins catching try detangling better or ironing smaller sections of hair. There is also the option to replace the plate with pins with a flat (included) plate.

The steamburst is great on my ends, but make sure you aren't anywhere near your scalp (PER THE INSTRUCTIONS) or you will burn yourself. It's steam. Steam hot. Steam hurt.

You don't have to clamp down and pull this flat iron as hard as you would a normal one (it said so in the instruction manual and on the infomercial). You'll break your hair if you do.

The mini glide is nice for root touch ups, but there's no temp control.

on 8/16/2007 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The BEST flat iron hands down. Definetly gets your hair straight with little effort. It isn't too damaging however I would use a heat protectant of some kind on your hair if you are going to use it everyday. Also mine came with 2 products to keep your hair straight in any weather. They really work! hardly any friz on the rainiest days!

Popular Hair Styling Tools