Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently purchased a gift set with a bunch of Smashbox bestsellers in it, including the famed Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Turned out to be a huge no for me. My foundation slid right off my face within hours of application! My dehydrated yet oily skin does not seem to handle silicones well. I'm still surprised that foundation can stay put on ANYone after using a silicone-laden primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wore this primer to an even on Saturday, it was all day 12 hours so I needed something to hold my makeup in place. This however didn't do anything apart from break me out in pimples on my cheeks and I never break out there. They are the small cluster type so I know this is the primer. Luckily I only had a tester so if you have rosacea sensitive skin beware!

on 5/23/2018 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The worst primer ever!! Total greaseball two hours after applying. Too much silicone!

on 5/23/2018 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Didn't do anything for my skin. It did last quite a while, maybe because I wasn't using enough. I didn't know how much to apply because it wasn't doing anything maybe except making my skin feeling a bit greasy, probably also because it's almost clear. The saleslady at Sephora gave me a sample of it, glad it wasn't a purchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For the life of me, I can't understand how this has below 50% repurchase rate!! It's my HG, I never found a better primer and I tried quite a few. It absolutely smoothes skin surface and gives an ideal MU application, it also helps foundation stay put. I always notice a difference when I use it and when I don't on my MU finish look. I'm on my second bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is exactly like NYX primer for oily skin. At first, being an oily skinned gal, I felt that this might be too oily, but it did dry to a velvety soft finish once applied. My favorite primer is by Becca which really keeps my foundation looking fresh and holds it like crazy all day! This one made my skin slightly oily at about the three hour mark and though it did hold my makeup (with the help of my MAC Fix+ spray), I felt it emphasize my pores too much and made the t-zone oilier as aforementioned after several hours of wear. Is it a bad product? No, would I buy it again? Not so much. In my opinion, better for drier skin types and doesn't live up to the hype, at least for me anyway. Definitely not a re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have no idea why the ratings and reviews for this product are quite bad. I am an obsessive makeup collector and own way too many primers, but Smashbox Photo Finish primer is the best one I own. It makes my foundation look the best and has a very noticeable difference. Without this primer my makeup just doesn’t look as good.

I have attempted to try other new primers such as the Lancome La Base Pro but that primer left my makeup looking so powdery each time even when 3 setting sprays were used. Smashbox primer just makes my base look so smooth and flawless. I took one star off because I am also a sweaty betty and this primer does not deal well with that, so when I sweat on my forehead it does not keep on the makeup on my forehead. But besides that, I have yet to run into another primer that leaves as beautiful a finish for my makeup and I have tried several.

on 2/19/2018 2:48:00 PM

I was really disappointed with the performance of this product. I have used smashbox primers in the past and loved them but this is heavy feeling and it does nothing for my pores. Many primers are just too greasy for me and I'm always in search of a good one. Unfortunately this wasn't it.

I got this as a sample size at Sephora and I'm glad I didn't waste money on the full sized version.

This primer feels very heavy on my skin. I actually feel like it makes me sweat more? Idk...I'm not happy with it. I get oilier a lot quicker than usual and wherever I have applied this primer my foundation starts slipping and sliding around.
It does indeed fill pores and lines but in my opinion the negative effects outweigh the positive ones.

Not a fan of this. Also not of the oil free version since I had the exact same problems with that one as well.
Wouldn't repurchase or recommend. Not even for dry skin, since it's not paricuarly hydrating either.

on 1/13/2018 4:40:00 AM

Does a good job minimizing pores, and it works really well in helping my fullcoverage foundations stay in place. I have used with both Younique Touch Mineral Foundation, and Mac Studio Fix Foundations. I have fair neutral skin tone, am 25 with no blemishes, and fairly neutral skin type with minor dry skin around the nose area