Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I have been looking for a good primer and discovered this one by smashbox. it goes on smooth and does its work. I am looking at other ones as to compare this with. I am not loyal to brands unless I find many items in a brand that are amazing. I do like this a lot.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I got this as a sample, I like it, it smooths my skin, although there are others that are both cheaper and more expensive that do more

on 8/7/2017 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I only used to apply this one places where I think makeup would tend to fade and this honestly does a very good job. Only issue is that its too expensive.

on 9/18/2017 9:47:00 AM

Honestly, this primer kinda turned me off of Smashbox products. When I first applied it, the greasy silicone feel drove me crazy, and immediately made me feel like my skin couldn't breathe through it. I didn't have the best skin at the time either, so I decided to exchange this for the "lightweight" version. Didn't really do anything spectacular as far as the integrity of my make up throughout the day either? Maybe it's just not right for my skin type. Just didn't do it for me...I'd much rather spend my money on the Milani primer, same consistency, but not greasy or suffocating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this primer it's not the best but it works for me (night time mostly) since it's not as hot otherwise during winter/fall it's amazing !

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why anyone would ever have to buy a full size tube of this since samples are so abundant. I swear I have used GOBS of this stuff over the years, but I have never bought a full size version. It is a basic thick silicone primer, but I don't think it is very effective at blurring pores compared to others on the market, and honestly the only reason I'd use such a thick primer is to diminish the look of pores. It does smooth the skin a bit, but by the end of the day it makes some areas of my face (especially my forehead/T-zone) pretty oily. If you have normal skin and just want a slightly blurred effect (and you don't mind the heavy silicone), then this might be a good option, but honestly any dupe (or Monistat anti-chafing gel) would be a more economical purchase since they will also do the same exact thing.

on 6/5/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've gone through two sample sizes of this primer and everytime my foundation never sits right straight after, especially around my nose area which I am most oily. Would not recommend!

on 7/10/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this Primer to be quite effective in addressing texture while keeping foundation intact for the day/night. Texture feels like a dry-Vaseline formulation, it truly glides on the face (prob cuz it's silicone based)...face feels silky smooth. I had no issues with breakouts or sensitivities. Blurs pores and fine lines, makes a great canvas base for foundation (I prefer cushion) for a flawless appearance. I don't think I would repurchase only cuz I use a small amount each application and there seems to be ample product in the bottle.

This is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light.
They have so many different Primers from the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer range that you can find your specific one!

The prize is a little expensive for me but it is an oil free primer and it's so soft and gentle to my skin!

Love it <3

on 6/22/2017 11:41:00 PM

This product makes my skin look smooth, really reduces the sight of my pores and makes my skin a better canvas to put makeup on. :-) A not bad primer I guess! But for the price and the fact that it is silicon-based, I believe there are even better primers out there worth your try.

Popular Primer/ Correctors