Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 2/19/2018 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was really disappointed with the performance of this product. I have used smashbox primers in the past and loved them but this is heavy feeling and it does nothing for my pores. Many primers are just too greasy for me and I'm always in search of a good one. Unfortunately this wasn't it.

I got this as a sample size at Sephora and I'm glad I didn't waste money on the full sized version.

This primer feels very heavy on my skin. I actually feel like it makes me sweat more? Idk...I'm not happy with it. I get oilier a lot quicker than usual and wherever I have applied this primer my foundation starts slipping and sliding around.
It does indeed fill pores and lines but in my opinion the negative effects outweigh the positive ones.

Not a fan of this. Also not of the oil free version since I had the exact same problems with that one as well.
Wouldn't repurchase or recommend. Not even for dry skin, since it's not paricuarly hydrating either.

on 1/13/2018 4:40:00 AM

Does a good job minimizing pores, and it works really well in helping my fullcoverage foundations stay in place. I have used with both Younique Touch Mineral Foundation, and Mac Studio Fix Foundations. I have fair neutral skin tone, am 25 with no blemishes, and fairly neutral skin type with minor dry skin around the nose area

I haven't used very many primers, so I don't have a lot to compare this to, but this is the best primer I have used. It goes on so smoothly and makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I think it makes my foundation look better and last longer. I would not repurchase though because it's very expensive and I could probably find a cheaper one that's just as good.

on 12/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this given the hype but it is not the best primer I have used. If I was to choose a silicone based primer I rather go for LancĂ´me which I have used in the past- much better texture than this. It's not bad but not excellent either. Does minimise pores. But quite sticky.

Won't be repurchasing.

on 12/23/2017 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

1.6 ounces, $36.00.

II got the travel size in this and finished the tube. ...Not impressed.....Will not repurchase. It does make my face feel super smooth but other than that, it didn't really do anything for me Let me fair to the product and state that I'm not a fan of primers anyway, but I still try them every once in a while. i. used this with several foundations and also a tinted moisturizer. None of them looked better with it or lasted any longer. II never use a full coverage or matte foundation so maybe it works better with those. Also toward the end of the day, it felt like my skin couldn't breathe and my face always had a warm feeling to it. I didn't have any redness, break outs or anything, it just felt uncomfortable and I couldn't want to wash it off every day I used it. Also it did absolutely nothing to help fill in small lines, if anything it seemed to accentuate them. For $36.00 I would rather put that money toward good foundation that doesn't need a primer.

Ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water / Aqua / Eau, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 12/21/2017 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently rediscovered this in my makeup collection and I completely forgot how much I loved this classic, OG makeup primer. I have dry skin and pores aren't my biggest issue, so I tend to go for more hydrating primers (especially in the Canadian winter weather that I'm currently in). But for a pore filling primer, this evens out my skin SO beautifully without drying it out. It just looks like a smooth canvas and I do believe it helps noticeably with the longevity of my makeup.

I do think this is pricey, but Sephora often has these as samples/point perks so I think I went quite a while without having to actually purchase a full size (and of course when I finally caved and purchased it, I did so in a smashbox set because those are most often than not a better value... and this comes out in a value set every year around the holidays).

I believe it's unscented and it has a 24 month shelf life after opening, which is double (if not more) than other primers. Still haven't found a silicone based primer that works better than this! Check out a sample/point perk if you see it pop up! Would definitely recommend and I think this would be good for most skin types.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I honestly don't get the hype over this product. I was so excited to try it because I feel like everybody's been talking about it. When I was looking for a new primer, my friends pointed me to this primer and my hopes went even higher when the Sephora associate immediately grabbed this primer to make a sample for me. I tried it and loved it and bought another a full package. Unfortunately, after another week of use, I realized that it works like any other primer I've tried.

As for the pros, it does make my makeup last for a long time and makes my skin smooth. It doesn't make my foundation crease, no matter what foundation I use. It also doesn't break me out.

However, it is too expensive and I've used other primers that worked much, much better. It doesn't even have the prettiest packaging to make up for the expensiveness. It doesn't make my skin smooth like my other favorite.

This is definitely overrated. It's not the best primer I've ever used, but also not the best either and definitely not something I'm repurchasing.

on 11/12/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works worse than some DS primers. It did nothing for me, except make my skin oily!

on 11/5/2017 5:27:00 PM

Got a generous sample of this at Sephora and tried it several times. It is NOT for mature skin with fine lines. No matter how much I moisturized or how sparingly I applied this, It made my lines look twice as obvious (I don't have many either. I'm 48. I did try using it just on the oilier areas of my face where it did a decent job at making my pores look slightly smaller, but I also have enlarged pores on my cheeks. If you're over 40 or have dry skin, try Smashbox's Primerizer. That one is spectacular.