4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

This is another great MLBB lipstick from Revlon. (I also have Rose Velvet.) It gives me a polished everyday look, and the texture and price are great. It has a touch of warmth in it, but not too much for my neutral-cool skin tone.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I am all in on this lipstick. Smoky Rose is a perfect name - this is how I wish "rose" was interpreted by makeup companies instead of the pink that usually bears this name. It's a healthy pink with a bit of sheer taupe to it. Still very pretty but no longer sweet, sophisticated but friendly. I get a decent flush of color for three to four hours with a depth of color that last for a few more after. I really can't put my finger on why I love this so much, but it's just so perfect. I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks (with the exception of the execrable Love is On - what the crap is that mess?), but this is holy grail. I should write inspirational notes to myself on the mirror in this like, "pipe in three days, train hard," thus reminding myself daily that Hawaii is beautiful, women surfers are fierce and I should go work on my art with fierce spirit.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

3 years ago

This is one of the few lipsticks that I have used up and ran right out to pick up more. It's my go to color. I can quickly swipe it on between classes and go. It's a great every day shade and goes with everything. I usually go with something more dramatic when I get dressed up, but for daily use, this is great.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I am a woc, wear revlon colorstay foundation in caramel. This is a perfect nude for me. Not ashy, don't need a liner just throw on and it looks great. Recommended!

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

5 years ago

I bought this lipstick because I saw many internet postings saying it's a dupe for Mac's Midimauve. It isn't. At least, it isn't on me. It's browner, less lustery (not in a good way) and pretty drying. The price is great, I could buy three of these for the price of one Mac lipstick. However, I don't think the formula holds a candle to Mac's. I will wear it occasionally, I'm sure, especially maybe at night, but probably won't repurchase.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Found this at Target for around $5 and never looked back! This is definitely my most used, most worn lipstick! Smokey Rose is basically a neutral, brownish rose, MLBB kind of color. Definitely not one of those in-your-face, obnoxious colors. This lipstick is affordable, flattering, and decently lasting on the lips. What's not to like?!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

i love this shade of lipstick, natural-looking, very flattering, smooth, moisturizing, and very affordable.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This lipstick is of one of my all-time HGs :) I originally saw it years ago in my mother's makeup bag and thought it was too dark and brown in the tube (I was all about pale, glossy lips like MAC Prrr lipglass at the time). Fast forward to the present, when I gave this a whirl while on the hunt for more sophisticated colors than what I used to wear. Smoky Rose is a lovely dusky brownish rose with fine shimmer, with a creamy finish and terrific staying power. This is a natural but polished lip color that looks wonderful with many different eye and makeup looks. It pairs nicely with MAC Beurre cremestick lipliner or MAC Whirl, and as a side note, give this a shot if you are looking for an affordable version of the "Kylie Jenner" lip color.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's my holy grail color. I am very very pale, so this is a little bolder on me. Any product that is named something like "dusty rose" or "dusky rose" almost always looks great on my skin tone, and this is no different. It isn't super long-lasting, but it's lasting power is pretty good for such a glossy texture. It wears away evenly, so I don't have to worry about looking silly when I wear it for a long time. Some lipsticks come off in patches or unevenly, and it makes me really selfconscious, but this lipstick definitely doesn't do that. It is very wearable for everyday use. The formula is shiny. It has a sheen to it, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't call it shimmer or glitter. It is MUCH more subtle and natural looking. I love this lipstick and I own two of them (one in my purse, one in my makeup collection) and I plan to keep wearing and repurchasing forever.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

Honestly, I got really disappointed when I tried out this one. Revlon has amazing lip products, they're never a fail. However (in MY opinion), I think that this particular one is a let down. Not the lipstick line- just this one lipstick. I got really disappointed in this one because first of all when I swatched it while at was at the store, it was gorgeous and all that but when I tried it out at home, it just turned into some weird shit on my lips which I think is because of the lighting in the store (they always make things look pretty). Then usually a pearl finish is fun to work with but this one was just awful! It just makes your lips look like you have glitter clumps on your lips and it just isn't flattering at all and plus, you could also feel the glitter on your lips which is definitely something that you wouldn't want. The colour is nice, don't get me wrong- I mean that's why I bought it, HOWEVER it's got this slight orange undertone to it which is completely odd add as the colour of the lipstick wears of, the orangey tone stays and so does the glitter which is just disgusting. And this is under humid weather by the way.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm