Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment
Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

4.1

Water,Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, Linum Usitastissimum (Linseed) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Qauternium-80, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed Oil, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Phellodendron AmurenseBark Extract, Tocopherol, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, BehenamidopropyltrimoniumMethosulfate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconante, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 8/19/2016 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Let me start by explaining that I have bleached blonde hair. My salon I go to only uses Aveda bleach + colour/toner. I was suggested to thus buy this and keep my hair strong and restructure it because it has protein in it.

Does it work?- I've been using this for a year now. I use this every week (I only wash my hair once a week). I keep it on for 20 mins to an hour if i can. After a fresh haircut and no split ends, it keeps it soft. It definitely makes your hair soft. I'll have my roots bleached then toned. A month in I'll see a disastrous amount of split ends! Even though I use this religiously and apply oil to my hair, never put heat on it etc! This does nothing to prevents split ends. It soft property lasts for maybe 3 days? So i have to do a quick condition throughout the week. Even upping this to twice a week I'm sat here with dry hair with a slit end on every strand. It didn't do what I wanted. This makes hair smooth but doesn't prevent frizz completely unless you bow dry - not great for those trying to prevent damage! so essentially 0 stars from me.

Texture/smell - I gave it 2 due to smell - it really does smell great! I think the product is very un-malleable - its very thick and tight. A lot of it is needed to cover your hair. My hair is fine, thin and mid length and I have to use far too much! This sucks because its so expensive.

Packaging: really ugly! Don't see why aveda being a high end brand can't update this ugly bottle.

Pros - smells good, makes hair soft for 2 days, makes hair smooth
Cons - doesn't prevent damage therefore doesn't actually strengthen the hair, doesn't prevent split ends once again proving it doesn't strengthen the hair, you need loads for it to do anything, ugly bottle

Had to figure out how to use it... At first I used the same amount as a regular conditioner (which turned out to be way to much for my hair & made it feel like straw) I also don't use it after every wash (it's proteïns you know ;) now I use a coin sized drop about twice a week and it does a good job smoothing out my wavy, dry, color treated hair.

on 6/4/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This didn't work for me. I didn't see any improvement or impact to my hair after using the product for over 6 months.

My colorist suggested this and the Damage Remedy Daily Treatment, but neither did anything for me.

It advertises that it is an "Intensive treatment packed with quinoa protein strengthens damaged and chemically-treated hair with deep repair . . . quinoa-packed treatment fills in damaged cuticles to help strengthen and reinforce hair . . .replenishes natural oils with jojoba, to leave hair looking and feeling healthy, shiny and strong." However, I didn't notice any change. As a positive, I didn't have any adverse impacts.

My hair - fine, but I have a ton of hair. Long, wavy, and can be frizzy. It's a dark blonde that's been lifted up to a very pale blonde for years, so it's dry, somewhat damaged and tangles easily. Additionally, the water in LA is not the best (even with a good filter), which exacerbate dryness.

A mix of olaplex in my color and regular treatments, protein treatments (aphogee or kpak), Redken All Soft, and 12 Benefits leave-in treatment have worked better for me.

Price: $36.00 USD for 150ml.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

A little back story about my hair..
I am a natural brunette who began dying her hair at age 14 and from 19-25 routinely had my hair highlighted blonde. A week before Christmas I decided to bleach my highlights to a ashy platinum blonde and apparently there was some miscommunication between my new hair dresser and myself and she bleached my entire head of hair. Roots to ends. (moment of silence). When I left the salon I was my hair was orange and white and severely damaged. I went to a friend to fix my hair and she said she was terrified to put color on my hair. She said she would put this treatment on my hair for 15 minutes and then wash it out but she was scared to even blow dry my hair after. Afraid my hair was literally going to break off and fall out at the root I purchased this pricey treatment. (I never spend big bucks on name brand hair care). You aren't supposed to use this as a daily conditioner but I was so scared my hair would fall out from the damage that I did. I ran through the bottle fairly fast and have already repurchased my 3rd bottle. This saved my hair. Within one wash I could tell a difference and after a month of using the first bottle my hair is so unbelievably healthy you would not believe the damage I had a few months ago. I now use this weekly as a deep repair treatment and it lasts a lot longer but I swear by this.

on 4/2/2016 4:37:00 PM

One of the best hair masks I know! Even though it´s so expensive, I repurchased it several times already. A little goes a long way and it´s the ultimate pampering treatment for the hair - afterwards it´s glossy, soft (but not too soft), and well nourished and moisturized, and there really is a visible difference to the state of the hair before using the mask.

on 12/19/2015 6:13:00 PM

I have used tons of masks/treatments and this one is one of my favorites. Smells great/natural and makes my hair soft and smooth. My favorite part is that it is more gentle on my hair and has less ingredients than any of the other products I have used. Will continue to use and repurchase after I run out even though it is a bit expensive!

on 3/18/2015 1:06:00 PM

It's been 2 weeks im using this, and i cant believe THIS IS MY HAIR bcs its so smooth and healthy and shiny and easy to manage and wow im really impressed. I used to have broomstick hair, and you can hear a cracking sound so loud if you press the end of my hair, and everyday was always bad hair day. but not anymore. yay to aveda! <3

This is a bit pricey, but it definitely works. I have dry, coarse, asian hair and very few hair care products work for me. Aveda has been my go to line of hair care products for a long time, I've been using their shampoo and conditioner for 12 years now. In the beginning, I was using this treatment in place of conditioner 2-3 times a week, following the instructions on the tube, which says to leave in for 2-5 minutes. Even using it briefly as a replacement for my conditioner before work, it made a huge difference in my hair. My hair felt softer and stronger. But over the weekend at the salon, the aveda stylist suggested leaving it in for 1-2 hours. Last night I was snowed in and left it in my hair for 2 hours and this morning there was a huge, dramatic difference. Unlike Moroccan oil treatments, I didn't get the shiny, glossy effect from this treatment, instead my hair felt substantially stronger. Every strand of hair felt stronger, my dried ends were smoothed out, and my hair just looked healthier (darker with more depth). I feel like this has a longer term impact that oil treatments. I think this is going to be my HG hair product for the coming winter.

on 10/23/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Seriously life changing! I use this stuff on Sundays for soft, shiny hair all week. I have fairly long, pin-straight, non-colour-treated, silky-textured hair. This works so well in my hair, and doesn't wash off greasy like I've found many masks to do. I don't think I'll ever not have this in my shower now.

Don't let the name fool you. This mask is suitable for all hair types, not just damaged. I don't have particularly damaged hair, but I'm growing my hair long and don't want to get it cut... so to keep my ends healthy I use this for maitenance. Works wonders.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Several years ago, I had severe damage to my hair due to highlights, and overuse of a flat iron.

When the stylist blew dry my hair, couldn't believe the magic this restructuring treatment worked in my hair. My dry, brittle, fried hair looked and felt soft, healthy and shiny.

Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment smells like a medical wound center, but I would use it once every one to two weeks, so I didn't have to deal with the smell on a daily basis.

I have since moved to a nearby town, and for convenience sake, found another salon to make my six to eight week pilgrimage. It is not an Aveda Salon, so if my hair is seriously damaged again (hope not!), I will probably order this product online or find a local salon who sells this wonderful treatment.