Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.3

on 5/26/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I don't smell flowers at all. I am not a fragrance expert by any means, so this is definitely a layperson's description, but to me this smells like a gourmand version of Obsession. I definitely pick up the patchouli and amber, with a sort of vanilla, sugary smell that I've never noticed in Obsession. This isn't really to my tastes, but it isn't terrible and it is *definitely* not what I expected given the name. While it isn't for me, I do suggest looking past the name if you're scared off by flowers (as I usually am).

on 12/13/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Despite the name, as everyone pretty much knows, this is way more of a sweet gourmand than anything floral. There are some indistinguishable florals in the opening, but they soon become overshadowed by a dominating sense of caramel that lasts throughout every single bit of this fragrance's life. Some vague patchouli woodsiness does peep out every now and then in certain whiffs but proves no match for the caramel and other sugary notes. Overall, I feel this is a good transitional fragrance from the young girl transitional sugary/fruity fragrances and body splashes out there for adolescents into the more young adult fine fragrance genre. .But even those in those age groups who do not like the sweetest of sweet fragrance in any given echelon of fragrance, probably won't enjoys this. I see the beauty in this and why it is so touted and popular and why many genuine love it, but it just isn't my personal taste, I prefer deeper, darker florals with lots of wood thrown in, mostly, Like Burberry the Beat and Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud

on 12/29/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The name flowerbomb made me think I'd get an explosion of flowers. I expected it to be floral, different & interesting. Instead I get the usual opening of fruit & sugar. The sweet fruity blast is joined by a touch of non specific floral note that does nothing to reduce the sweetness of this concoction. Then there is a tiny hint of green notes that "freshen" the sweet, fruity sugar, a shampoo-ey note that further adds to the overrall clean feeling. The drydown is your usual vanillic amber drydown with the super clean non dirty non earthy neutered patchouli. This smells like your usual fruity floral. Light on the fruity, high on the sugar with a shampoo "clean "fresh" drydown. Viktor & Rolf should have called this "sugar bomb" I think that name is more apt

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On my skin this is a beautiful floral with a fruity sweetness mixed in. It is very strong and powerful. One spritz is really all that's needed. I would suggest you try this scent before buying. I can see where it would be a love it or hate it fragrance. I love it.

on 1/5/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Head-achey to the point of having to lie down in a shade-drawn room for two hours. To the point my eyes were actually affected. To the point where I had to get into the tub and scrub this offensive odor off my body. Not for me. Hopefully not for anyone who comes within ten feet of me either or I will be back in bed with another headache.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This perfume is absolutely wonderful! It's top notes remind me of Blue Sugar, which my boyfriend uses - I LOVE it on him! I wish it had long(er) lasting power though, 'cause on my very dry skin it really doesn't. (Yeah, I've tried the Extreme -- didn't like it.) Two lippies off for that (it's THAT bad :( ). Damn, I really wish I didn't have to give such a wonderful perfume such fifty-fifty rating ..

on 8/14/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a fragrance you love or hate. I love it because it's different than all the celebrity floral fruity fragrances out there on the market. It's strong and musky. On my skin I smell the patchouli and the tea the floral notes rarely show up. I only own the roller ball and the scent lasts all day. I can only imagine what the full sized would be like. I think the roller ball is a great choice because you can really control how much is being applied, something that is a must with this sort of fragrance.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Smells sooo nice. The name however is very misleading, Its actually very sweet but not in an overwhelming or offensive way by any means. Its alot more sophisticated than fragrances like Vera Wang princess, Britney Spears Fantasy, DKNY be delicious, Poco Rabanne Black XS and even Miss Dior Cherie. It has more depth and character than any of these perfumes. I know alot of people tend to shy away from fragrances that are described as sweet because it's usually associated with 13 year old teenagers, but not flower bomb. It's made up of a very sophisticated blend of notes that make it a truly unique and classy scent! I also need to give Victor and Ralph props for the design of the bottle, it's absoultley adorable.. But I guess for the price your paying it better be!! Fantastic fragrance and I urge everyone to check.

on 12/30/2010 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Instant headache in a bottle for me

Popular Fragrances