Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very pretty fragrance - a sweet, lightly creamy white floral. There's an intriguing candied note, but it's not overly saccharine. Flowerbomb is quite strong, with all day lasting power and a sillage that calls for sparing application. For my part, I can't tell the difference between Flowerbomb and BBW Sensual Amber, which no longer exists in any concentrated fragrance form.

Every time Sephora gives me a sample of Flowerbomb, I'm gently seduced all over again, and I'm sure I'll eventually end up giving it a test run as an everyday fragrance. It seems like it would fit in all year round. I usually prefer more "niche" scents (see my review of Secretions Magnifiques), so I'm wary of investing in such a pricy scent only to get bored, but I'm tempted!

I really don't know what other people are smelling when they smell Flowerbomb but when I smell it I just smell chemicals! Zero flowers, zero patchouli. Just a very strong, very unpleasant, sharp chemically odor. When I very first smelled it, years and years ago, in a magazine I remember thinking "Wow! This is amazing! I need this!" But when I finally smelled it in person it was like I was smelling a completely different fragrance. It didn't smell anything like I remembered. It was horrendous. I will never understand why this perfume is so popular but I'm assuming it must just smell different to me than to others which is too bad...

on 9/22/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this scent and I think the packaging is creative/cute. I agree with the other reviewers that mentioned its lack of staying power. It only lasts about 4 or 5 hours on me ... perfect for a night out, but not so great for a long work day. Even so, I would recommend the scent to lovers of sweet/sexy/sensual fragrances. Personally, I wouldn't choose this scent to wear to work anyway :) I will purchase this fragrance again as soon as I find a deal ... MSRP is a tad pricey.

The packaging is so cute, I love pink!! The smell is amazing if you enjoy sweet scents like me. The price is terrible and it doesn't last very long, I worked a half shift and it completely faded before my shift ends. (I work in retail)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG perfume, here is why:

1. This scent smells different on everyone. When spraying it on the paper at Sephora, it was too patchouli, too strong, but on my skin it warms up to be more feminine, sweet, soft but still strong.

2. Lasts forever on the skin and has a great throw, so you'll be smelling amazing to all for hours!

3. This scent has enough warmth to be a perfect winter scent, but has a light sweetness for summer, a perfect year round fragrance!

4. Bonus! I bought this when I first met my husband, our first summer of love, so I'm a bit biased!

5. Packaging: No, you don't get a ton of fragrance for your buck, but come on, that packaging, that grenade, that beautiful pink fluid is to die for!

Overall I can't live without this fragrance! Highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really LOVE patchouli. I mean L-O-V-E patchouli. I understand and love strong fragrances. I wear Angel EdP, Youth Dew EdP, Aromatics Elixir, Obsession, etc, and I wear them well. But this... this Flowerbomb... NO. It is made up of all my favorite notes and yet, to me, it is not a matter of not liking it, I hate it. It is repulsive. Nauseating. This is on other people as well as on my skin -which by the way is impossible to scrub off. It lingered for 12 hours, turning my stomach -even after I showered. I have tested this one a few times, wanting to give it a chance, and each time regretted it. On the other hand, I LOVE Spicebomb on my husband and myself.

I agree with all those who wonder why this is called Flowerbomb as it doesn't smell very floral to me. I am not very fond of floral scents unless the dry down is...well...not floral. Flowerbomb happens to have a great name...great bottle (shaped as someone already mentioned a grenade), the cute little black atomizer detail on the bottle, and pretty pink colored perfume. I also like the box it comes in if you are one to save that sort of thing...useful if you travel or move.

The scent: I find it candy coated but not immature. It smells a bit like cotton candy. It's definitely a sweet smell, not too floral if at all, not fruity and not very spicy, simply sweet with out being grating. Pleasantly sweet. Has nice staying power too and doesn't overpower you after you spray it. Others don't have to duck and cover in the vicinity.

Other scents it reminds me of: Fendi Fantasia (this came in different colored bottles, there was a royal blue and a red and I have no idea if they were all the same, but I used to wear it and this reminds me a bit of it. There is also a Juicy Couture perfume that smells a bit like it, maybe it was one of the Viva perfumes.

Their description-
FLOWERBOMB by Viktor & Rolf Eau de Parfum Spray for Women - A floral explosion, a profusion of flowers that makes everything more positive. Full-bodied and opulent, Viktor & Rolf's Eau de Parfum explodes in a bouquet of sensations with its addictive floral notes which leave their trail, like a whirlwind that is distinctly couture. A millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli. When applying any fragrance please consider that there are several factors which can affect the natural smell of your skin and, in turn, the way a scent smells on you. For instance, your mood, stress level, age, body chemistry, diet, and current medications may all alter the scents you wear. Similarly, factors such as dry or oily skin can even affect the amount of time a fragrance will last after being applied.
My thoughts-
A perfectly composed semi-gourmand perfume. A gourmand perfume is a perfume that “has edible or dessert-like qualities. These often contain notes like vanilla, tonka bean and coumarin, as well as synthetic components designed to resemble food flavors. Another sweet example is Thierry Mugler’s Angel.
Top notes tingle with fresh and sweet accords of bergamot and green tea. Heart is floral and opulent with intensive, sweet and pure Sambac jasmine, seductive Centifolia rose, freesia and Cattleya orchid. Musk and patchouli in a base wrap us with an oriental scent, while its milky and powdery notes gently fondle the skin.
What makes the perfume worth its high price is the osmanthus essence.
Osmanthus blossoms, though not as popular in the West as some other flowers more commonly found, have the olfactory beauty of an intricate dentelle of fruity-leathery smells evoking plums, apricots and prunes hidden in the suede pouch upon a warrior-poet’s belt, as if taken out of a Chinese vignette. It's hard not to be enraptured by their at once complex and delicate scent once you experience it and they lend their delightful and refined aroma in many a perfume composition. It's apricot-smelling blossom, soft, pliable, sensuous, from an exotic plant cherished in the East. Pairs well with lactonic florals. Being over 4000 USD for a kilo of osmanthus, PLEASE DO tell anyone who thinks FB smells cheap to do some research!!
To me the tops notes instantly hit you with a layer of bergamot then subtle earthy teas, then all of a sudden I smell the Sambac jasmine which is rarer and not a strong as other jasmines from India or Egypt. Has a green, slightly fruity smell that drys into a sweet floral/ honey/tea. 8 oz of Sambac jasmine essence sells for over 1200 USD.This is nothing like the jasmine in Angel... it lingers for quite a bit then the orchids and roses comes out.
Centifolia rose, is clear and sweet with hints of honey, also Cattleya orchids are unmistakable usually a synthetic note in perfumes giving a powdery veneer to floral bouquets, sweetish and clean. But in FB it is not overly powerful, cloying, or generic like I find alot of perfumes with orchids.
There are orchids that smell exactly like coconut suntan lotion, butterscotch and cedar wood, cinnamon, sweet clover, roses, or baby powder. (If there is a “typical” orchid flower scent, it would probably be a generic cattleya, but more often the “orchid” note in perfume is a fantasy note of some sort. Vanilla is extracted from the seedpods of an orchid, so maybe it could be thought of as the quintessential orchid scent. To me, the most interesting thing about orchid fragrances is the huge variety that rivals the variety of manmade perfumes of all types.)
Somewhere sneaking throughout is something slightly peppery is it the type of freesia peeking out throughout the sweet African orange flowers?
The base note is to die for, I've only been in love with a rich Musk and patchouli base like this since I first smelled Shalimar. It's so resinous and deep. It's sexy and intoxicating. It a perfect home for all the gourmand and floral notes.

Overall
I love this one on me...my chemistry can really pick up all the different levels and notes. I really appreciate it.... But I probably won't repurchase because of price and there are some many perfumes out there. I usually don't rebuy the same ones over and over. I love the bottle it's gorgeous but the atomizer sprays wayyy to much. So I took a lipstick off packaging. No wonder some people absolutely hate it, especially when you already don't like gourmands or florals. OR they totally smelled the fake ones on Amazon or eBay. Those smell hideously cheap and disgusting.
As for people saying everywhere they smell this I disagree...I don't know many who pay this kind of money for legit perfume. I've smelled this a couple times and I live in a fashion- geared, very large city with over 8 million people. Anytime I've smelled this it's been in upscale department stores like Louis, Gucci, and Hermes. I ALWAYS TURNED AND LOOKED AROUND AND ADMIRED THIS SMELL...
***To the woman who sprays this around her house and in the trash bin because she hates it wtf. If you hate it give it away why waste such a expensive perfume when someone will swap you... why buy something and not even see if you like it first especially perfume?! ***
Overall I recommend only to make sure your not getting edt, which sucks terribly and make sure it's not off the Internet where it could be fake or sitting in the sun, improperly stored etc....

on 4/27/2016 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh, I had no idea this had so many bad reviews because everyone I know loves it, and I have many friends or colleagues who wear it.

I have quite a sweet tooth when it comes to fragrances, so I love the sweetness in it, but I strongly disagree with the people that say it smells sweet like a kids perfume or a Victoria's Secret body spray, I think the sweetness in this is very detailed, thought through, stylish and sophisticated. Of course as everything and perfume especially, it's a matter of taste, I personally love this one and it's one of my favorites.

on 4/24/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

too heavy perfume for my taste..patsouli is so strong.............

Popular Fragrances