Phyto Phytolisse Ultra Shine Smoothing Serum

Phyto Phytolisse Ultra Shine Smoothing Serum

3.3

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Alcohol Denatured (Botanical Origin), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Fragrance (Parfum) (Parfum), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract (Botanical Origin), Phytantriol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Every new hair oil, serum or leave in cream I try briefly becomes "the best thing ever". I was buying a bottle of the Ouai Hair Oil ("best thing ever") when this caught my eye. For starters, I was amused by the descriptions on the bottle - in French "pour cheveux indiscipline" and in English "for rebellious hair". Visions of undisciplined, rebellious hair misbehaving in the streets and terrorizing the citizenry! But to be honest, my hair is not the sleek, smooth cap I have always wanted and it is pretty undisciplined, which is why I have to beat it into submission with a flat iron. Anyway, back to this product. I'd like to invite all those who hate this stuff to send it to me because I LOVE it. I asked for a sample when I was buying the other hair oil. I apply it to damp hair before blow drying and then again when my hair has been flat ironed to give additional smoothness and shine. As for the assertion from another reviewer that silicones will ruin your hair - that's utter nonsense! I've been using silicone products on my hair for over a decade and they make the difference between having really nice looking hair and looking like I've just come through some sort of wind tunnel. They have been a major benefit for someone with hair like mine - thick and unruly, and leave me with hair that it silky, smooth and shiny. I really like the Ouai hair oil but I think I like this one from Phyto even better and not just because of the funny descriptions but because of the results it gives on my coarse, thick and strong textured hair.

on 1/3/2017 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I give this about a 2.5. It definitely delivers on the ultra shine promise, this will certainly add lots of shine to your hair and it is a nice product to smooth over freshly washed/straightened hair for an extra boost of shine. But it doesn't do much else, not really strong enough to smooth out frizz and didn't seem to add any softness, moisture or protect my hair from heat damage. So basically this is just a rather expensive shine serum. Would not repurchase.

on 5/9/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

NOT SILICONE FREE....In fact it has too many! For those who do not know silicones (check your labels, anything with 'cone' at the end of the word) will destroy your hair.

on 2/3/2013 3:10:00 AM

This is the first smoothing serum I have ever tried that actually does all it promises - it literally feels like each strand of my hair is coated in healthy natural oils, yet my hair remains bouncy, voluminous and is not weighed down at all. My boyfriend actually noticed and commented that my hair had become less frizzy with less flyaways because my hair is dry and thin and has a tendency to have that after blowdrying. It's an oil but it feels natural and lightweight enough to use on a daily basis, without any reaction from my oily scalp. (I get dandruff whenever I use cream or oil-based products on my hair.) I'm completely sold on the Phyto range and will not go back to products that temporarily solve the symptoms but not the root of the problem (a ha!). :) I have noticed that Phyto products tend to not have any scent (except for the universal elixir which is essential oil-based) and I take that as a very good sign that it is truly natural and good for your hair and scalp.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this serum! Silcone free, for us fine haired girls. Works to smooth down frizz, adds shines and heat and UV protection (like all serums) but like I said this is SILICONE FREE! Lovely scent. I will re purchase again and again. Only downside is the price.

on 4/26/2012 4:53:00 AM

I hardly say this, but I HATE THIS PRODUCT. I was at Sephora the other day and the sales assistant convinced me to this, claiming to be the BEST SELLING SERUM at Sephora. Being so bloody expensive, I thought it would make some difference to my hair.

My hair is thin, slightly wavy and medium frizz. It made no difference. Sephora in my country doesn't accept returns. The only thing positive I can say is although it may seem oily on the hand, it doesn't transfer to the hair. Will NEVER repurchase.

on 12/9/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I like this serum because it's lightweight, isn't greasy, and doesn't weigh my fine hair down like most smoothing serums do. However, my hair was still frizzy. I do like the scent though, which smells like ckOne.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This serum is nothing special in my opinion.Actually,I haven't noticed difference,my hair looked completely the same with or without this.It has really watery lightly texture,wich wouldn't make your hair waighted down,but also didn't make a thing for my dry fine flyaway hair.Just nothing happend.Not worth the money at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm never a huge fan of serums as they tend to do nothing for my hair or they leave a dull, greasy look but this serum works wonders for my hair. I use just one or two tiny drops in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, then run my hands through the ends of my hair, followed by blow drying or flat ironing and I have spectacularly shiny, healthy looking hair. Another bonus is that it is very lightly scented and after my hair is dry I don't notice any lingering scent at all from it.

I've used an Aveda serum and was disgusted by the oily, dirty look it gave my hair. I've used an entire bottle of this Phyto serum and never once felt as though my hair looked dirty or unhealthy. It costs a lot (but so did the Aveda product) but it was money well spent and one little bottle lasted forever. Love this stuff! Unless they discontinue this product (and I hope they don't!) I think my search for the perfect serum is over.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am always skeptical of using oil-based serums for the purpose of adding shine; I tend to prefer aerosol shine sprays, because I think the mist coats the hair shaft better and really does leave it shinier. I will say, though, that I am impressed by this serum. I received a 5mL sample, which has lasted for three weeks (and it's not even half gone) -- which is incredible to me. A few drops really do go a long way; not much is needed for it to work. I have very long hair with dry-ish ends (okay, I probably need a trim). I use 2-3 drops rubbed between my palms and smoothed over the ends, and it leaves my hair looking moisturized and *much* smoother and healthier. It's lightly scented at first, but it fades, and while it feels as if it would be oily, it's actually very lightweight. When my sample is gone, I will definitely be investing in the full size (which, at this rate, probably lasts for years!).

Final verdict: In terms of making hair look smooth, healthy and "done" -- A+. Shine, not so much -- but great overall.