4.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

This product is super creamy! Very luxurious indeed. It can be worn as a light shimmery sheer shadow for a natural look, or built up a little to a frostier golden colour. The only problem for me is that it creases like crazy whether I wear it alone, layered under eyeshadow or with a primer. Why is this happening to me? What am I doing wrong? I want to love this but it's making it hard for me. So far I've found I can only use it as a highlighter for my brow bone. Not happy :(

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

10 years ago

uh, so i had this for years and NEVER used it because i had some idea that gold looked bad on me for some reason (idk, you know how these things work) but i pulled it out recently and it is soooo gorgeous! i have no idea what i was thinking, ok. anyway, a little goes a lonnngggg way with this. i use just a dab on each eye and spread it out with my fingers (i hate using brushes with cream products) sometimes on its own, sometimes as a base for other gold-based shades. works kind of like a primer cause it doesn't crease at all, and takes 4 seconds to apply nicely. basically everything a lazy girl like myself loves.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

Like MAC Rubenesque, I use this as a highlighter on my eyelids alone. For me a little goes a long way. It took me 6months to make a small dip in this pot. Luckily I got this from my sister so I didn't have to pay for it. The packaging is somewhat cheap but I find it durable unlike MAC. When I put MAC paint pot in my makeup bag, I cringe just a little bit praying that it won't break. I would buy this again even though its going to take me a long time to use up my first one. :)

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0
from

10 years ago

Ugh, huge chunks of gold glitter in a frosty gold base. Nothing like I expected from reading the reviews here. I expected a subtle, sheer, gold shimmer. Way too theatrical and gaudy for most women. Very disappointed.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

11 years ago

LOVE! These are gorgeous, stay-true colours (I also have Glistening Sand - H9). The goldlights is a really pretty shimmery - rather than glittery - colour that sweeps on softly. I use a BB cream shadow brush, because I found my finger was a little too big for my eyelid, and I got shimmery gold on my bottom lashes as well which kinda looked cool, actually). This stuff wears well with no creases. A definite 5. I'll be back for more!

About reviewer (328 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

11 years ago

This is a brilliant eye shadow! PROS (1) Perfect gold color without being gaudy or tacky. (2) easy to blend and apply creamy e/s with fingers (3) not glittery or gritty, the shimmer is very delicate and fine and gives the shadow a glossy quality. (4) smudge proof. I always use a base because my lids are a little oily to play it safe. (5) perfect shade for bringing out my dark eyes against my dark brown hair and fair/medium skin tone. CONS: (1) For the high price tag I expected better packaging. The pot is plastic and cheap, it also gives the illusion you have a lot more product when you really have less. If you ever see it, turn it upside down and you will see what I mean. Overall, gorgeous color that could look good on just about anyone, especially if you are fair/medium-dark toned. This is also an incredible base for other eye shadows to really bring them out, (such as muted gold's, purples, taupe's, and light browns). Happy Shopping!

About reviewer (340 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

GREAT COLOR JUST FALL IN LOVE WITH IT RIGHT AWAY!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Goldlights is a winner because of its unique color and texture. It is a true gold without being too yellow or shiny. The texture is soft and easy to blend. on the lids, the shimmers are extremely fine and tasteful. Brightens and adds dazzle to the eyes. Great to be used alone or under other shadows. Tried to use this as face highlighter, but I think Glistening Sand is more subtle.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

I didn't like this one at first, because of the price >.<" But now I'm using this one everyday!!! Here are some of my experiences w/ this lil thing ^^ PACKAGING: I think everybody already knows how cute these look by now ^o^ (lotz of descriptions by other reviewers~) COLOR: Pure gold! (might look a lil bit too orange on some skintones, but should work for most gals). Some people might think this e/s has poor color payoff, but c'mon! Who wants their eyelids filled w/ TONS n TONS n TONS of golden sparkles?! (except if you are heading for a halloween party~)... I think the amount of the golden glitters are good enough for normal wear~ (and plus, you can apply another layer ^o^) TEXTURE: Creamy eyeshadow, very easy to blend (but u gotta use your fingers though!). When it dries, it turns into powder, MAGIC~~~~~! ^^ ANTI-CREASING: aka staying power~... It's great~~~ It won't crease doesn't matter how hot the weather is! (I wore this to six-flags last week, it was 92 degrees, didn't crease at all!!!) OTHER USES: It's wonderful to use as a base!!! If I use this as a base, then apply other brand's e/s on top, the color of the other e/sz become more vivid! VERY GOOD BASE COLOR!!! All girls should try this ~~~~ p.s. If you are going out for less than 4 hours, and don't feel like using an eyeshadow primer (UDPP/TSFI), you can use this one instead! It sorta works like an e/s primer, eyeshadow could last at least 3 hours ^^ * The only thing I didn't like about this eyeshadow was.... (well, gotta list the CONS too!!! That's what a good review does ^^ *wink*) ... THIS BABY IS HARD TO REMOVE!!! You might wanna check in the mirror ONE MORE TIME after you cleaned your eyelids~ (because if you think your eyemakeup remover already did it's job... THINK AGAIN~~~) So... please double check for glitters around your eye area~ Will I repurchase? HELL YEAAAAA! (but this thing could last for a long long time! my old whitelights lasted 3 years =.=")

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

1.0

12 years ago

-Gorgeous color in the pot. -This color oxidized on my eyelids to a dirty glittery orange :(. Returned and will not repurchase this color.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35