Chanel Ballerina

No Image

4.4

on 1/10/2018 12:48:00 AM

Edit. Been using this on the toes and loving it. 3 coats of this its really pretty. Id like to try nars ithaque next. Its cheaper but still in the high end realm. I like nail polishes on the vanity so yes i am into packaging when it comes to this.

for someone who only ever get mani and pedi with french tips, this has become my one and only exception. with my base coat and 2 coats of ballerina and seche vite top coat, its perfection; its natural pearl pink see through nude but also has a french tip feel. A very delicate and feminine color. Ive experimented with 2 to 4 coats but it looks best for me when applied with 2 coats because its not streaky and the tip of your nails peak through the polish so slightly and makes it look like a well done manicured french tip design. It does chip but i didnt expect this to be like a gel formula. I love this polish even though its a ridiculous price but i would like to try a cheaper alternative out there so i wouldnt be repurchasing even though i do enjoy using this polish..

on 6/24/2017 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not really sure why everyone raves about this color. It is a goopy, streaky, milky pink. Actually, it looks more white, than pink. If you're looking for a perfect nude pink, stick with OPI or Essie. There are better colors in Chanel's line on which to splurge.

on 9/23/2015 8:04:00 PM

Gorgeous. Perfect nude. So glad I bought it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So sheer, it's bordering almost on why bother. On the positive side it applies smoothly and streak free (barely any pigment to cause streaks!). Aside from the evocative name and chic packaging with double C's, nothing special and not worth the exorbitant price. There I've said it!
Won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hands down, best pinky pretty light polish. I bought one but had to return it as the brush was all weird. Be sure to check the brushes when you get home. I have to go back and get another since I already miss it. It goes on the best of all the light polishes I have ever tried. Creamy and opaque in one coat, lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts. Pairs SUPER well with Chanel's newest color, Coup de Coeur, suprisingly, if you like to mix it up. Goes on easy, cannot make a mistake, never streaky, looks so pretty and gelly and perfect, literally for any age.

on 8/21/2013 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I dont know how long i have been using chanel ballerina, but i just re-bought yesterday. It is the perfect shade of pink for me. chanel has now started numbering their shades, and 167 Ballerina is manicure in a bottle. Used alone or with your favorite base and top coat, it will last as long or longer than a tradional salon manicure.

For refernce on color, if i want a "warmer pink" Butter London's Pink Ribbon works for me, but for a nice pink glow Chanel Ballerina is my every day go to!

on 7/12/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG neutral polish. The color is sort of milky light baby pink that compliments my fair skin. I have tried many OPI and Essie creme polishes in similar colors, but haven't found such good shade that never streaks.

Chanel polishes are expensive but worth the money. I will definitely buy this again.

on 4/23/2013 3:24:00 PM

I love nude/pink nail polished but have found most to have strange thick consistency, off color, or they go on very streaky. However this nail polish has none of those issues. The color is very natural and has transparity to it, which I feel eliminates streaking. You can wear one coat to have a clean look to them or three to achieve a true to color match. I have received many compliments on my nails when I wear this. The packaging is also very nice. The only downside is the price but I'll be using this for my wedding so I feel like its worth it. I could see buying two or three chanel polishes a year if I really loved the color.

This is my new HG interview nailpolish. If I want to go natural, I use this polish, because it makes my nails look good and glamorous, but also professional. I do need to apply 3 coats to get the shade I want, but that's ok. Chanel makes the best nailpolish, and the polishes last the longest, so I'm happy that I found a color that I can wear everyday. I recently bought a protein base that is slightly opaque, so I hope that will help this go on in just two coats. This polish has a much better consistency that Essie's Mademoiselle, and it goes on more evenly. If you do the proper prep work, your nails will look professionally manicured with this polish. Great color and texture; I have been wearing it for 5 days so far and no chips. I will buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm disappointed with this. It's expensive, it goes on streaky, it needs several coats to hide the streaks, and it chips easily. In fact, it not only chips easily, it almost disintegrates after a shower. It's also much lighter than I expected it to be from the color on the Chanel website.

Popular Polishes