wet n wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not a fan of this at all. I have this in blue and turquoise, as well, and they are so vivid and pigmented that I had high hopes for the purple, but it goes on very sheer and has a grayish tone that I don't find appealing. I had to layer it several times for it to show up at all, and that caused the liner to be too goopy and smudge all over the place. I gave it a 2 because I do like the applicator on these liners, it's a very skinny brush that makes it easy to get a fine line. Otherwise, though, don't waste your money. Typically I would say it's not a huge loss, because it is cheap, but it's not even worth the four bucks I paid for it.

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

This is my go-to eyeliner when I just want to go for something simple and easy enough so I don't have to worry about it all day. This doesn't smudge on me and looks really nice against my brown eyes. It does fade a little throughout the day but it has pretty good staying power. The only thing I don't love is that it comes in a dryer formula than the black one ( I don't know if it was just my bottle, but the consistency was the same in both my bottles), so it's a little harder to just glide on. But this is good for daytime as well as night.

on 11/22/2009 1:49:00 PM

No, this is not it. The black liquid eyeliner seems to have great reviews, but the purple one doesn't deserve it. The colour is okay....it's more of a subdued mauve colour, but my rating reflects the staying power - nil on my lids. I have oily lids, but it's never this bad with a liquid liner. I was drinking a juice box and accidentally squirted a drop on my right eyelid. i patted the drop away lightly and checked in the washroom - it was smudged. even the other eye was no longer showing a consistent line after 2 hours of wear.

on 8/31/2009 6:07:00 PM

Well , It wasn't the purple i was expecting ...
But it still looked pretty great (:
It wasn't really the vibrant purple i was expecting , more dull lavender .
Which still looks pretty good, if you don't mind .
Its sorta watery which isn't horrible , the brush is nice .
Dirt cheap , it was the first liquid eyeliner i brought when i decided to try (: I would buy this again but a different color for me !

on 7/10/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this yesterday along with the black one, it was on clearance, I was looking for a good purple liner and I think I found a pretty good one. First of all is not very bright so if you´re looking for a very vibrant purple... keep looking!, I do two layers (or is it coats...whatevs) and it looks perfect, the texture of the liner is too liquid and runny but I don´t mind that... if there´s any change I´ll update on that, the lasting power is very good, it doesn´t smudge or transfer to the crease and I have oily lids.. I love the brush since is not felt tip but a brush is more flexible and easier to work with at least in my case, so yeah I would definitely buy again if I ever run out, I´m in love with these, the black one is the best black liquid liner I´ve had so far!

on 4/27/2009 10:58:00 PM

This is one of the first liquid eyeliners I bought and tried out because of other reviews I've found and because it is dirt cheap (2-3 bucks?). Before this I used to only use black pencil eyeliners, but i decided one day to try out liquid eyeliners because they looked easier and faster to apply. I saw this color and was intrigued so i bought it and this is MY FAVORITE eyeliner and color. It looks gorgeous on my medium Asian skin tone. It is very watery but to me it provides for a very even color after it all dries. I don't have problems with creasing or coming off either but that may be due to the use of my Too faced eyelid primer (love this too!). I don't have issues of it burning or irritating my eyes but I also don't apply eyeliners on my waterline as my eyes are pretty sensitive. I prefer this brush tip versus felt tips because this very thin brush tip seems to give me a more accurate line. This comes off very easily too with makeup remover or even just rubbing off with my fingers and water, but this may be due to the fact that my lids get oily at the end of the day. Overall, i love this eyeliner and I have bought a backup of this color just in case they ever discontinue this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

not very pigmented at all.. really disappointed me.. if you are very pale, then this would work for you.. ladies of color, like me, avoid this unless you are going for a pretty natural look.. it won't show up very well on pigmented skin..

I had considered buying liquid eyeliner from Wet N' Wild for awhile, seeing the reviews on here, so I purchased this purple-colored liquid eyeliner and was horribly disappointed with it! I am hoping that it is just this color, because now, I am unwilling to try the other colors either. This product was very very watery and as others put it, "inconsistent" in application. Barely any purple even shows up...looks more brown than anything, but a watery brown, so it's pretty much a waste! Plus, it's not waterproof, not that it claims to be, but some people say it is....so, I would have to dispute that. *Sigh*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this product. I don't have any problems applying or sensitivity. Stays on well and is dirt cheap. I have it in Plum and Black and will probably buy more.

FYI: The H20 Proof is not nearly as good.