Wet 'n' Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner #864 Purple

Price: $

on 2/17/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This product is a complete dud. I got it yesterday because I've been looking into trying eyeliner in colors other than black or brown. I was originally going to purchase the Milani brand but regretfully changed my mind at the last minute after I saw this product and realized that it was about $4 cheaper. Probably a big mistake since Milani has better reviews and probably performs much better.

Firstly, the packaging is tiny, so you don't get much product, but it is only about $3 so I guess that's fine. The applicator is a tiny brush, which I cannot stand since they're a little bit harder to control than felt tip applicators. I find that liquid liners work a lot better if you shake them up vigorously before applying. Not this one. Shaking did not do a thing as the product is still very watery and goes on thin. Application is a messy process because one or two layers will not do enough. The color is not opaque, and it is a slightly gray-ish purple so it's not bright and vibrant like I had hoped. The more you layer it, the worse it clumps and slips off. It also does not dry quickly so I ended up with a ton of smudges.
I still tried to work with it and applied it in multiple layers... then I got it on my waterline which was a huge mistake. This stuff stings and irritates my eyes really bad... so that's another negative - it cannot be used on the waterline. After my eyes watered for a while I looked in the mirror and half the product had came off. Not sure if this is supposed to be waterproof or not... but it does not stay on. In the 30 minutes (or less) that I had it on, it had already started to slide off before my eyes even started watering.

Bad product. Will not repurchase. Should have got the WnW creme liner in eggplant - probably would have been a much better alternative.

Not happy with this liquid eyeliner as it is too "watery" and takes a long time to build up color evenly

on 7/2/2010 6:43:00 PM

I orignal bought the green and blue shade and had amazing results so i bought the purple thinking i was in for more awesomeness,sadly i was disappointed. This purple was an ugly muddy purple and for some reason harder to apply then my other liquid colors. So i wouldnt buy this if you are looking for a more vibrant purple.

on 5/12/2010 12:53:00 AM

Hurts Eyes and irrating
smudgey
so bleh

I had considered buying liquid eyeliner from Wet N' Wild for awhile, seeing the reviews on here, so I purchased this purple-colored liquid eyeliner and was horribly disappointed with it! I am hoping that it is just this color, because now, I am unwilling to try the other colors either. This product was very very watery and as others put it, "inconsistent" in application. Barely any purple even shows up...looks more brown than anything, but a watery brown, so it's pretty much a waste! Plus, it's not waterproof, not that it claims to be, but some people say it is....so, I would have to dispute that. *Sigh*

on 5/13/2008 6:56:00 PM

I bought this in green and I love it. It's super bright and vibrant. This stuff is horrible in purple. It's really watery and no color at all in spots. I debated buying it and am sorry I did.

on 4/11/2008 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Bought this in the greenish shade and loved it,but this is watery, and has very little color impact. It's like they are two kinds of products, but they aren't supposed to be! I know, you can't expect much from a cheapo line, but often the w&w stuff is pretty good. This one isn't IMO.

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. I agree with other reviewers that say this is watery and inconsistent. You will lay down a line, and parts of it will be dark in colors, others will be washed out x_X It doesn't reapply well at all either, it just ends up removing some of the color and not improving the situation...And yes, its a dull plummy color where it actually does stick properly. This product is a waste of time.

This liner is actually called Plum, not Purple, but its the same product # so maybe they've changed it since.

on 10/25/2006 2:29:00 AM

I hate giving bad reviews to products that have otherwise gotten such raves, but this stuff was terrible. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but the color was watery and inconsistant. When applied, I ended up with patches that were deeper purple, and patches where it looked as though I'd almost skipped over that part of my eyelid. I was optimistic and even tried applying a second coat. No luck. What a disappointment because the black and turquoise versions of this liner are absolutely amazing.

on 2/25/2006 12:20:00 PM

This product is HORRIBLE! It is hard to apply, stings my eyes, and the color is sparklier than what you would excpect. I don't mind the sparkle, but this is so hard to apply. I also discovered using this product that I hate purple liner. My eyes sarted watering up the minute the liner brush got near my eye, and I was was almost literally crying from the pain. It also came off very easily. I didn't rub my eyes at all when I put the liner on, yet it somehow managed to either flake or slide off. Thankfully, this is an extremely cheap drugstore product, so I won't feel bad about throwing it away or returning itI have yet to decide which to do. It smells horrible, too! This product deserves zero lipsticks. The only good thing I can say about this liner is that the packaging is very sleek and stylish. Otherwise, a horrid product. ♡