COVERGIRL Natural Rose

COVERGIRL Natural Rose

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are a few CG blushes that have become staples in my collection, and for my money they are every bit as decent as anything you'll find at Sephora. Regarding the name of this blush, there is a fine line between a shade looking "natural", and being nonexistent, and I think this product treads it.

Even after building it up with a quality brush (not the stump they provide you with), the color payoff was very sheer and only got sheerer as the day wore on. The color is a pale neutral rose that doesn't contain shimmer. I didn't perceive it as being powdery, and the product blended nicely, but WHERE'S THE BEEF? - oops I mean COLOR?

The packaging is a little small for a blush, but let's get real.. this is $4.99 and usually on sale for even cheaper. Is it my favorite blush of all time? Certainly not, but it's not terrible either. If you're looking for a CG blush in this shade range, I would take a pass and go with "Rose Silk" instead.

I have to say I do not really like this. Its ok...it would be best for someone who its completely new to makeup since this is so sheer you really have to build and build for it to show up and I have very porcelain skin!! Its also very powdery and makes a mess.

The color is a very light pink with no shimmer or glitter.

The application was very sheer and it didnt apply very evenly....I also hate that packaging, I would prefer no brush and a larger area to dip my brush into, the skinny rectangle is pretty small and awkward!

This reminds me of cheap play makeup ..like the kind you can get for a $1 online...Ill be returning mine..I think elf has better blushes and they are slightly cheaper (just as quality comparison)

2/5 lippies because
-color payoff is too sheer
-application is uneven
-awkward packaging
-powdery
-color is nice

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This blush is not the best - it is not very pigmented and is kind of chalky - however, it so compact and great for on the go - not only because of the small packaging but also because you can apply it in a hurry without having to concentrate and blend really good. Just brush it on and there's a slight pop of color. Great for touch ups. It looks much brighter in person - a matte pinky peach.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

There is no pigmentation in this blush at all like you rub and rub and rub and my finger is still white not even shimmer.Not all cg blushes are like that I have the instant cheek bones in peach and there is amazing pigmentation in all three colors

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all, I just want to say that I think that most drugstore blushes suck. I've tried most major brands, and they all seem to lack pigmentation. Now, having said that, I think that Cover Girl Cheekers are some of the most pigmented drugstore blushes. That doesn't mean that they are well pigmented, it just means that they seem to be more pigmented than the other brands I've tried (Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon).

I actually really love this color. It is quite nice and natural. It works well with my warm colored skin. It's pink without being too pink. I don't find the pigmentation that bad. Maybe the fact that I apply it with a MAC brush helps. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

The packaging is pretty bad. It can be difficult to get the product onto the brush (a real brush not the silly one that comes with it). I wish the packaging were shaped differently.

I gave this 4 lippies because although the packaging sucks, it is super cheap. I do find myself using this quite a bit.

on 11/27/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this when I unexpectedly had to stay over someone's house and needed some cheap makeup to look all right for work the next day. I got this because it was cheap but it turned out to be pretty decent. It's not pigmented at all, but it means I can pile it on with minimal effort and not end up looking like a clown. Since it's sheer it looks more natural and it's a cute color. Not bad for like $5!

I agree with other commenters...I love the colour of this blush, it is so pretty. I'm an NC25 at MAC, light yellow undertones and I love bright "doll pink" type blush colours. I find them really flattering. My two biggest problems with this particular blush are that 1) I dislike CG packaging, it's such a small little strip of colour that doesn't allow for good collection of colour on your brush, and 2) it's not very pigmented. I have to put on TONS to be able to get it bright enough. I'll probably be taking this with me to MAC to see if I can find a decent match. For now, though...love the colour, I do use it every day...

on 2/18/2008 6:36:00 PM

This is the only blush I own. I am extremely pale, and also acne-prone and somewhat blotchy. After I cover the redness and the blemishes, I look ghostly. For me, this blush is the difference between looking healthy and looking like an unembalmed corpse. It's very subtle and natural, but the effect is truly amazing. As others have said, it smells odd, the brush is useless, and the packaging isn't the best. Still, it's a staple in my makeup bag and I'll continue to repurchase (unless that corpse look ever comes into vogue).

Popular Blush Products