MAC Cosmetics Blot Powder Pressed

MAC Cosmetics Blot Powder Pressed
Blot Powder Pressed

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Methicone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 10/5/2018 9:10:00 AM

The perfect powder. Period. It they ever discontinue this, I'll have a breakdown. Takes shine away without adding coverage or cakeyness. You can layer a thousand times and it still looks natural. I have tried finding dupes for this with no luck, I'll be repurchasing this forever!

on 9/24/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Amazing powder that minimises the appearance of pores and mattifies the skin. Excellent for oily skin, just make sure you have the right foundation otherwise its a waste. This powder photographs well and looks very natural.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've recently finished off my second compact. I really like this product because it does what it promises to do! I keep this in my bag and use it all throughout the day to keep me shine free and matte. Plus it's light, it doesn't cake up, and my brush picks it up easily (yes, I think it's better to apply with a brush than the puff thing inside). The shade medium dark is perfect for my light-medium skintone although this doesn't actually have coverage. For me, this product is better than the Fenty Beauty Blotting Powder which is what I'm currently using. However, I'm taking a lippy off because of the packaging. I've dropped both compacts I've bought and the powder inside just shatters every time.

I’m NC20 olive and wear shade Light. I prefer the lightest shade as I see it as a translucent product; it disappears into my skin after a few minutes of wear.

I set my foundation or sunscreen with Make Up For Ever Ultra HD loose powder and carry Blot in my purse to keep oil at bay. I always Blot with a blotting tissue first, then apply a dusting of Blot powder. I think it’s a really effective powder that instantly refreshes my face.

I have sensitive eyes and find that it doesn’t irritate my eyes at all when applied on the lids.

I am giving four stars as it is not as finely milled as I’d expect a 5 star product to be.

on 11/22/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for years. It works. I have very oily skin and this mattifies wonderfully. Light is extremely light and will work for pale skin tones. Try it. You won't regret it.

on 9/9/2017 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this in shade Medium/Dark and it is a good match / slightly darker than my skin. It's perfect for when I have too-pale foundation on.

I don't use this as setting powder, I bring it with me throughout the day to touch up when I get oily. I blot the oil off, (optionally reapply sunscreen) and apply this powder all over my face (as it is invariably *entirely* oily) with a retractable kabuki brush. It keeps me nice and matte for the next 4 hours or so.

My mother tried to convert me to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk powder but I can't justify paying $60 for a powder compact when I expect so little from it and the $30 one is doing its job well enough.

This is my favorite pressed powder for touching up throughout the day. I'm a light olive (C2), and have this in the shade Medium/Dark which is a bit too dark looking at the pan, but the powder itself has little color to it so it matches beautifully. After using this, my makeup looks completely fresh and matte again. I love the mirror and packaging (It hasn't broken like all my other powders), and I do use the puff. This does not really cake up on me unless my makeup already looks caky from before.

MAC is such a hit n miss brand for me, slowly getting tired from all the misses and mehs. This powder is soooo dry however it doesn't keep my face matte for a long time. 2-3 hours under the office light and it needs a retouch. But the biggest pet peeve - it breaks my chin area :(
Pros: nice shade selection
So-so: high end price tag; awful sponge
Cons: not for acne prone sensitive skins, might break you out; doesn't keep the face matte for a long time; dry face look after applying
No go fo me...

I use the light color and my undereyes look bright and perfect when i use this i have acne prone skin and this product is a shine killer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised by huge amount of high reviews for this powder.

Pros:
- it's completely invisible, exactly how setting powder should be

Cons:
- it badly brakes me out each time I'm trying to give it a chance (I have very sensitive skin)
- it isn't long lasting, it requires couple of touch-ups during the day
- it makes my reddish skin tone look ashy (it oxides a lot after 2 hours)
- it dries out the skin