Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.3

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 10/8/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ive ever tried to date. Holy grail to my super dry slash chapped lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 4/6/2016 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you suffer from constant dry, cracked lips, then this is your saviour! When I was still studying in Australia for Uni, my lips suffered from the dry desert weather. I'm from a tropical, very humid country, so the sudden loss in humidity was good for my oily skin, but hell for my poor lips. My lips cracked, peeled and would even bleed. I tried Vaseline, Carmex, Burt's Bees, Blistex, Coconut Oil, but none of them worked and I would still wake up to lips like the Joker.

When I read in numerous interviews that Miranda Kerr, yes, the Australian bombshell and Victoria Secret Angel, swears by Lucas Papaw for her lips, I knew I was onto something good. After slathering a generous amount on my lips, I went to sleep and the next day, my lips were normal. No flakes, no cracks, just nice plump lips!

Since then, I've always stocked up my cabinets with at least 2 Lucas Papaws and I get friends and families who are travelling to Australia to bring me back some. ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically the golden elixir of smooth, baby lips. My bestfriend got a 75g tub from Australia for me last year and I've been using it everyday ever since. My usual lipbalms are Burt's bees, Fresh and EOS and they're all amazing, but none of them is as affordable as Papaw's.
Because of the tub and the oily texture I usually only use this at home. I put a glob of product before I sleep and the next morning all the painful peeling/cracking/tenderness is gone.
Oh, the only downside is that due to the climate where I live in (singapore), sometimes the product melts feels a bit gross. But nonetheless it's still best thing ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Absolute magic.
NOTE: The best eye-cream money can buy - any age.
This product can fix almost anything! From chapped lips, acne to third degree burns.
I suffered from a bad burn on my hand one day from boiling water and my mum rubbed (although it hurt so much) PawPaw all over my hand, I was crying in pain but within an hour - my whole hand had gone down in size and had started healing.
I also have problem skin and various products to prevent pimples dry my skin out completely, I use PawPaw all over my face before bed and wake up in the morning with AH-mazing skin. Not only is it soft as a baby's bottom, but my spots go down, I never have dark circles or bags and all redness is gone.
I recommend this as basically an essential for every girl/woman.

on 10/24/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A staple product for me, it is literally a god send! I use it mainly as a lip balm and also when I'm sick around my nose area to keep it from getting dry. It isn't extremely hydrating as it is just a vaseline-type product but it softens my lips and other areas better than anything else I've tried. I'm currently on Accutane and this has been travelling with me everywhere I go to stop the dreaded dryness of my lips while on this medication. Affordable and one tube lasts ages. Only thing I dislike is the fact I have to use my fingers to apply, I prefer twist up lip balms in tubes. I have repurchased this many, many times and always have a few lying around my house and in my bag. I would highly recommend this!

on 7/11/2013 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is so good for every thing that concerns skin really. Only thing it's greasy and will make everything you apply it to shiny. But very good to the skin and I use it for my lips, burns and as a moisturiser.

on 6/21/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for *counts* four years now and I'm not gonna stop buying it soon! It was first recommended to me by our family GP when I started getting some mild frostbite on my toes :/ along with other things I needed to do to get rid of the frostbite, I started using this ointment and it really helped! My lips also tends to crack and dry up during winter and this has helped too! Although it didn't help as much when I started getting REALLY dry lips after using Accutane (I started using Blistex Intensive Repair instead which helped a lot), this papaya ointment is still really good for typically dry lips and a good substitute for moisturiser for really cracked, dry areas of the skin. This doesn't even break my face out either when I've put this on my face and I break out with A LOT of products! I don't know if I'm imagining this either, but it also looks like my lips have a richer red colour when I use this on my lips. I thought the benefits of papaya ointment were a bit exaggerated at first, but in my experience, I guess not! Like this waaaay better than Vaseline to be honest.

on 6/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years and continue to buy it over and over again. I apply this to my lips every night and wake up to smooth, moisturised lips. I think it also helps that after my shower I always gently exfoliate my lips with a towel.

The smell of this is ever so slightly sweet (papaw?) and the colour is tinged yellow but obviously goes on clear. Going back to the smell, I think it can sometimes vary. I bought one once that smelled so incredibly off, almost like a pile of rotting fruit, but I think that's a rare thing! The texture is viscous, similar to that off other petroleum jelly products. However, in hot weather, it tends to melt and become quite runny which is troublesome if you've got the tube.

I don't mind the tube packaging because it's convenient to carry around in my handbag. However, I rarely reapply during the day. Partly because this keeps my lips moisturised for a very long time especially when I'm not doing much, but mainly because I'm not crazy about using my fingers to apply lip products when I'm out and about.

The price is so-so. The smallest size (25g) is around $5, the 75g around $10 and the 200g around $20 (all AUD). I'm sure some people would much prefer just buying Vaseline at just a fraction of the cost. However, this ointment has done wonders for me and I can't bring myself to buy anything else.

It is certainly more cost effective to buy the two larger containers but there's a reason why I haven't yet. The idea of having to dip my fingers in to get the product doesn't seem too appealing. In saying that, I think I'll start buying the containers because I can leave a container on my bedside table while just carrying the smaller tube when I'm out.

This product is also wonderful for burns (there's been several times where I'm silly enough to touch a hot saucepan or kettle). After running the burn under cold water, I just slap some of this on and cover it with a bandaid. The next day, any burn feels a lot more soothed and it also heals well.

This is the ONLY product that effectively keeps my lips from flaking right off in winter! If you're prone to super dry lips that flake, split and bleed in winter, then I'd recommend this!! It's a great multi-purpose ointment for anything from dry lips to cuts, scrapes, rash and dry feet/elbows/hands before bedtime. It has the texture of a thicker, denser petroleum jelly and is almost unscented to me. Will certainly continue to re-purchase. P.S I prefer the tube rather than the tub because it's more hygienic to use.

Popular Lip Treatments