Versace Crystal Noir

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favourite fragrances out there. Strong, very long lasting - even the EDT one lasts about 8-9h on my skin, someone could smell it the next day, after shower. I have weird pH which makes it harder for fragrances to layer nice. I can smell coconut and mint, which I didn't find on the note list, but... oh, well, my nose is weird.
I will definitely buy this again and again.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

LOVE this. I've been searching for an update for my old Samsara stand-by... I wore that for 20 years but recently got sick of it. I purchase a tiny rollerball version of this to see if it would have a lasting impression, and I ended up buying the big bottle after a month of the rollerball use. Purchased the EDT in the rollerball, and the EDP in the spray. EDP definitely has more staying power. I love the musky vanilla and gardenia in this, with dry down of sandalwood. It seems to have something more fresh and green than Samsara; a nice twist and update. I tried Atelier Cologne Vanille Incensee and bought two bottles of that in succession... I was mixing the Atelier with Carolina Herrera 212, and this is similar to that combination but with more staying power. This is heady strong and sensual. I really love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A white floral with lots of milky sweet sugar, coconut, and a hint of ginger spices, and a creamy vanilla woods and powder dry-down. Reminds me of French Macaroon Cake and ginger biscuits at Grandmas with a glass of milk and a bowl of sweet peas on the table. A nice heady sweet floral for an evening out, but I do find the Gardenia very rubbery and synthetic, it sticks out and is irritating.

Top Notes - Ginger, Cardamom, Pepper
Mid Notes - African Orange Flower, Gardenia, Peony, Coconut
Base Notes - Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is for the EDT. "Thunderstorm" was my first impression. Smells heavy & ominous, like a big thundercloud approaching. Dark clouds, heavy atmosphere, oppressive, brooding. Like a heavy blanket. Really cloying. It's strong and overtakes everything.

This smells dark & rich -- and also very woody -- and heavily musky. It's smoky, sultry, ambery, woody, kind of winey/boozy, and really musky.

Notes, per parfumo.net (2004):

Aldehydes, Amber, Gardenia, Grapefruit, Cherry, Coconut, Orange blossom, Tuberose

Contains a lot of white florals (gardenia, orange blossom, tuberose), which I'm not a fan of (they give me a headache) plus fruits, coconut, & amber -- but to me it dries down to a mostly smoky sultry amber-sandalwood musk -- mixed with a rich strong red wine note.

It's extremely heady to me -- and thick and rich -- the scent just spreads through the air -- really diffuses everywhere. Monster throw. Thick & dark & heavy & oozy & wine-like & blanketing. Sultry, for sure.

It's just too strong, rich, and heady for me, sorry. Crystal Noir has legions of fans, and I've tried to become one of them, but I can't. A single tiny spritz is very strong, gives me a headache, and lasts on my skin overnight and even through a shower the next morning. It has *extremely* outstanding staying power -- very tenacious!

For me, in spite of the amber, fruits, & coconut, it's just too white-floral -- too strong, too heady, tending to headache-inducing, even a tiny spritz of the EDT. Granted, it is a very beautiful and sultry scent, and I can understand why so many love it.

*le sigh* This is my signature scent. I've worn Crystal Noir for the past two years and I adore everything about it. Winter, spring, summer...doesn't matter. It's spicy and warm yet sweet and mysterious. An utterly delicious, magnificent scent. I get compliments every time I wear this, sometimes by the same few people day after day. It's like they can't help themselves. I've had women follow me around in stores to ask what I'm wearing.

It lasts a very long time, but it's not overwhelming. About 8-10 hours, and I can even smell it on my clothes a week later. Sillage is fantastic, too.

Crystal Noir is romantic and mysterious. I'd recommend everyone try it, especially for a first date. Best part is, since it's not a new scent, the price for a 3.4 oz. bottle is very reasonable.

I forgot to add that all the above is referring to the EDT. I've never tried the EDP and I'm not sure I care to. EDT is utter perfection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sprayed this on my wrist at the shops and cannot stop sniffing it all day, it smells absolutely amazing! It has a soft sweetness to it and definitely a sexy edge, i love it so much i'll definitely be buying it asap!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Crystal Noir by Versace is classified as a floral oriental with gardenia as the main floral note and a typical list of spicy oriental notes to complete the composition. The gardenia pulls the fragrance in a soapy direction, while the “spicy” oriental part just adds a generic sweetness that really doesn’t bring that plush, warm feel I associate with woods and amber. Instead, CN turns into a typical mall fragrance, i.e., a mediocre sweet floral with detergent-y musk. The name and packaging evoke depth, maturity, and sensuality; however, the fragrance itself seems appropriate for the high school locker room.

This is my absolute favorite purfume!
I have purchased this fragrance twice, and it's absolutely the most amazing long lasting scent I have ever smelt!

Very elegant, rich, sexy & you feel like a million dollars wearing it.

I have had many compliments on this purfume!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this perfume after reading all of the wonderful reviews on here. So today I walked into my Ulta and spritzed on the perfume hoping for magic. What I got was far from it. I smelled like straight up bug spray. It is very strong and no one around me could stand the smell. I ended up coming home and washing it off. Maybe its just my body chemistry, but this perfume did not work for me.

love it it's soo sexy and clean.. yes clean.. nowadays I'm addicted to this scent

Popular Fragrances