Stila Starfruit Lip Glaze

4.3

on 12/29/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this stuff! I know that glosses really are not exactly in right now and honestly neither are Stila products but this is my fave MLBB of all time. I wore this everyday for years. It has a warm peachy pink tone that makes your lips look movie star "natural" if that makes any sense. It's that perfect "girl next door" color in every rom-com that you've ever seen. It's a really unique color. I've searched for dupes for years and have never found anything remotely close. If you mix honey, tangerine and a soft rose together you get a close approximation of the color Star Fruit.
I will say the gloss can be a little sticky but it stays. Some people don't like the brush applicator but it doesn't bother me. It's best applied to clean dry lips to avoid it contaminating the gloss/brush. I remove it completely from my lips if I need to reapply to prevent that. It taste fruity/sweet. Over all this color makes my lips look juicy and gives them some depth.
Only con I can really think of is that is hard to find. To get it you must order from the Stila website. I originally received Star Fruit in one of Stila's holiday gift sets at Sephora, but they never carried the single gloss in this particular color. I don't love the price for the amount of product either.
If they made this shade in a matte and satin lipstick, I'd buy all three.

on 2/17/2014 6:14:00 PM

I got this as part of a gift set from Sephora. It is a very nice medium pink with shimmer. Smells lovely, isn't sticky and appears to have good staying power. I am wearing it over MAC Viva Glam V and it also looked good over Viva Glam III.

on 11/7/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I received this as an extra in a swap. The first Stila lip product I have tried. It's a nice nude, neutral color. You can wear alone for a casual look or use liner to change it up. Not sticky. Not long lasting.
I do not intend to purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to buying and using high end makeup products. I've always just used brands like Revlon or Covergirl until recently. I have heard good things about Stila products and this starfruit lip glaze was my very first Stila purchase ever. I normally never wear gloss of any type on my lips so the whole experience was a new one to me. I have to agree with the majority that the packaging causes you to end up wasting product because its hard to know how many clicks to twist. I do like the scent and color is nice with a subtle hint of shimmeriness. After having it on over the top of my lipstick, I noticed it felt sticky on my lips. A very odd uncomfortable feeling. It made me not want to let my top and bottom lips touch so I did not like that at all. I read some of the reviews on this and a lot said it was not as tacky or sticky as most are. I may just stick to my lipstick only.

Love this shade - a warm pink with a slight peachiness. I can see tiny golden shimmers in the tube, but don't really detect them on my lips. Decent colour pay off for a gloss and I love that it isn't too heavy or sticky/gluey like some brands (you listening, MAC?!) Refreshing fruity smell upon application which I find dissipates quite quickly - but I can take or leave scent in my lip products, so that's not a problem. I have mixed feelings about the applicator - I love applying gloss with a brush, so it ticks that box for me, but I hate that the twist mechanism is difficult to control so is time-consuming and wasteful. One lippie off for the outrageous price - a whole lot of plastic, and very little actual gloss for your 15 (UK).
Nevertheless, I'm finding myself relying more and more on my Lip Glazes for day wear - and this shade will be a definite repurchase.

on 11/27/2011 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this color - a great pinky-neutral for my olive complexion and just the right amount of shimmer. I like to keep my makeup pretty natural and this is just the right amount of pop without being too much. I gave it 4/5 because it is really expensive (but I have yet to find a good d/s comp!). The packaging is okay - I always feel like you don't really get your money's worth from those kinds of applicators - but it is better than a wand-type applicator if you're on the go.

on 11/19/2010 8:21:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this product. My girlfriends constantly ask me what kind of lipgloss I use when I wear this out. Def very flattering to my NC20 Yellow/Olive undertone complexion.

I'm not keen on the packaging but it works. The price is def outragious for a lip gloss but I always come back for more!!

on 9/23/2010 10:55:00 AM

This is one of my top 5 products!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd one already! (i bought the other 2 in different colours!) & i have the starfruit lip glaze stick right now too! thats how much i love this colour! The glaze is a tad more sticky but also more glossy & sheer when compared to the stick! really gorgeous! Try it & you will get what we are raving about!

Best taste/smell ever! It has a tropical fruity scent (not necessarily starfruit, which is really puckery), more like passionfruit or mango. Sadly, it doesn't have too much color payoff. I got this in a trio of minis, along with Brown Sugar and Apricot. And Starfruit is the most pigmented of the three. Plus it has that wonky Stila click-click-click... it's not working... click-click... blob applicator. Oh well. I'll use it up just for the flavor.