Studio Gear Cake Liner

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.6

This will be my HG eyeliner!! I've tried gels-after a while they dri up and you get flakes on your face and I feel I don't get my money's worth. I don't like the pencils -they drag across my eye and sometimes hurt. I've tried Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner but I really like the Studio Gear the best. Stays right where you put it and it last all day. It's very dark, nothing to sharpen, product won't dry up and flake off. I would recommend using a good brush. I use a Mac eyeliner brush. I believe this eyeliner was $20 at Ulta.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has been my favorite, most treasured HG eyeliner for about 5 years now. Yes, it takes a little practice to get the hang of working with it, but for me it's so worth it. The trick is to get a good brush. I can't stress that enough. I've gone through several cheap brushes with decent but not WOW results before finally investing in a good Studio Gear Sable Liner brush and applying is 100x's easier and it looks perfect. I love the look of this product and the staying power cannot be beat. It's well worth the money as it lasts for forever. Great product. When I finally run out, I will absolutely buy again and again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this stuff since I was 16 and I'm currently 22. While this may not be the most convenient way to apply eyeliner, it's well worth the inconvenience. I use 2 eyeliner brushes to apply (an angle and a precision one), and wet them before I apply. This stuff lasts all day and night. It will not budge. I will continue to buy this this because I doubt I'll find something better.

I wish I could give this product 3.5 lipsticks. I really love the finish and how it looks and it's staying power. However, it's VERY difficult to work with. Don't get it wet enough and there is no pigment and it drags. If you get it too wet, it smears. It's hard to find a happy medium. Plus, it kind of has a smell to it. If you're good at cake liners, I would recommend this. But, if you're not (like me), don't try it .. it's not easy to adjust to.

I have had a difficult time finding the perfect eyeliner. I found the pencils easier to use, but they always smeared through the day and made my lids look greasy. Wet liner stayed on better, but was hard to handle, always too wet.

I love this cake liner! It stays on so well, and I've found it easy to use...just make sure you don't wet it too much.

It's more expensive than a drug store liner, but not that much considering the better quality.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love it! I prefer to use this instead of gel or creme liners. It really does last all day.

Works and will last me freaking forever! I bought the brown and it's WONDERFUL!!