Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why , but this serum caused me some breakouts ، the texture looked like honey and oil ,, although my skin is dry , i tried the samples first , you can have them for free here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR , always always try the samples first !

on 2/3/2017 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever review, that is how strongly I feel about this product.

I have sensitiv combination skin, break out easily if using bad products. Because of the climate (especially in the winter months) I have a huge problem with dryness and dehydration regarding my skin.

This mask wrecked havoc on my skin.
I have now tested it on several occasions:
First time I used it was when my skin was a total mess regarding dryness and dehydration, the mask stung like hell but I thought is was because of my extreme dryness. The first time was also in conjunction with some other new skin care treatments so when my skin acted up I chalked it up to a bad combination. Surely this mask aimed at skin like mine, from PC no less, could do this. I have since tried it on several occasions where my skin has been up and down. The last time was the final straw.

I had very good skin this time around, albeit some tightness. After an exfoliation my skin needed som TLC, reached for this mask and after ca. 5 minutes it started to feel a little tight. When the recommended time had elapsed and I washed my face I felt the burn and my face was read. I applied products that aims to calm the skin before going to bed, but still blotchy, tight and dry when I woke up. It has now passed 2 days since I last used it and my skin is still soar, itches like crazy, and is super dry with red bumps.

In to the bin it goes.
I hope this review will save someone from experiencing the same as me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

on 10/18/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't feel that great on my face. It balled up if I touched my face. It may be good in a humid climate, but dried up my face here in the desert.

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

helps my skin on retin a..use as a night cream. doesn't break me out, quenches like no other..im in love!