Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

To Read all 105 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

helps my skin on retin a..use as a night cream. doesn't break me out, quenches like no other..im in love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a moisturizer at night, since it seems a bit wasteful as a mask. It makes my skin so soft, hydrated and calm. Perfect for the colder months! The consistency is a very thick cream, but it's easy to spread over your face and rub into skin. Love it.

on 1/29/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is designed to replenish moisture in dry or sensitive skin that is tight and itchy or flaky. My skin is combination to slightly oily and so I rarely need this, but in winter my skin does become drier and I find it helpful to restore balance to my skin.

The mask is rather thick and creamy and feels like cold cream going on, but it soon sets to a mostly invisible finish for the twenty minutes you are supposed to leave it on. It's never completely matte and dry like a clay or charcoal mask. It feels soothing and non-irritating. It contains anti-oxidants. There is no noticeable fragrance. After twenty minutes when I wash off the mask, the skin does feel fresher and softer, and less like a desert.

I don't recommend this as an all-night sleeping mask because it can rub off on your pillows and sheets. I rinse it off after twenty minutes.

$21 for 4 ounces isn't bad when I compare the price to other brands such as LUSH or Fresh or Origins. It's cheaper than masks from Peter Thomas Roth. It comes in a tube with a flip cap, which I prefer to jar packaging.

Paula's Choice products are cruelty free.

You can usually get a free sample of this if you buy other Paula's Choice products. If you don't see it among the free sample options at checkout, you can select a sample size from the pull-down menu on the product page and try a packet for eighty cents. Most of the products are available in travel packets so it's easy to try the product before buying a full size. For overnights those foil packets of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer can save you from packing a larger duffel.

Key Ingredients: Glycine soja sterols, tocopherol, linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil/olive fruit oil, glycerin, evening primrose oil, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phospholipid, vitamin C, sodium hyaluronate, borage seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, vitamin E, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, glyceryl behanate

Product Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickeners), Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid (cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite products, and I've never actually purchased it, I just stock up on free samples when I or my bf make an order on Paula's Choice. I only use it about once a week or less so this works for me. When my skin is feeling VERY dry, this is the perfect mask. I use a whole sample packet of this and slather it on, set a timer for 30 minutes, rinse it off, and then follow with a moisturizer. The next morning my skin is comfortable, soothed, and smooth. It doesn't aggravate my acne - if anything it reduces inflammation. It just seems to have a lot of ingredients my skin seems to love, and I'd recommend it to anyone with dry skin. Definitely one of my favorite masks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG mask. This mask hydrates and smooths like no other. I've been on Tretinoin for several months, and my skin has continued to peel and be red and irritated. This mask solves those problems. I put it on for 20+ minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water, and magic happens. My dry patches and redness are gone. It really works if you are in a pinch. Even better, my skin stays relatively smooth for several days after I use this.

The price might be a little steep ($21), but the tube will last you a while. Previously, when I needed moisture pronto, I used Asian sheet masks. Those are much pricier for what you get, because they only keep your face hydrated for maybe a day. Their effectiveness isn't as long lasting as this mask.

Caveat: I have generally oily skin with dry and peeling patches from products for my acne. I feel like this mask won't remove /severe/ dry patches, but it definitely softens them. And you always can go in with a thick moisturizer/cream overnight after. I don't know how this product will affect overall dry skin, but considering it is formulated for dry skin, I feel it like it could still work wonders. (If it doesn't work for you, Paula's Choice has a very generous return policy.)

on 12/27/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I like to use this when I'm straight out of the shower and skin is still wet, is deeply moisturizing yet not at all greasy!

Popular Masks