Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why , but this serum caused me some breakouts ، the texture looked like honey and oil ,, although my skin is dry , i tried the samples first , you can have them for free here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR , always always try the samples first !

on 2/3/2017 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever review, that is how strongly I feel about this product.

I have sensitiv combination skin, break out easily if using bad products. Because of the climate (especially in the winter months) I have a huge problem with dryness and dehydration regarding my skin.

This mask wrecked havoc on my skin.
I have now tested it on several occasions:
First time I used it was when my skin was a total mess regarding dryness and dehydration, the mask stung like hell but I thought is was because of my extreme dryness. The first time was also in conjunction with some other new skin care treatments so when my skin acted up I chalked it up to a bad combination. Surely this mask aimed at skin like mine, from PC no less, could do this. I have since tried it on several occasions where my skin has been up and down. The last time was the final straw.

I had very good skin this time around, albeit some tightness. After an exfoliation my skin needed som TLC, reached for this mask and after ca. 5 minutes it started to feel a little tight. When the recommended time had elapsed and I washed my face I felt the burn and my face was read. I applied products that aims to calm the skin before going to bed, but still blotchy, tight and dry when I woke up. It has now passed 2 days since I last used it and my skin is still soar, itches like crazy, and is super dry with red bumps.

In to the bin it goes.
I hope this review will save someone from experiencing the same as me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

on 10/18/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't feel that great on my face. It balled up if I touched my face. It may be good in a humid climate, but dried up my face here in the desert.

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.