Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

bought this mask after reading great reviews about it. it comes in a opaque huge tube, which maintains the quality the ingredients inside (i like! :P)

Application wise, its a smooth texture, not too oily. feels like it gets absorbs almost immediately. i usually use it at night after Paula's Choice 1% retinol treatment and 15% Vitamin serum. This mask helps to seal both products in and the same time counter the dryness that results from these 2 products.

i use this almost everyday and have no issue of skin irritation or whatsoever. Feels v gentle yet moisturising on my skin. would recommend this product even for oily combination skin like mine.

I got my paula's choice products from their australian website. If you are interested, you can use the link below to get AUD 15 off your first purchase:

Hope this review helps :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

helps my skin on retin a..use as a night cream. doesn't break me out, quenches like no other..im in love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a moisturizer at night, since it seems a bit wasteful as a mask. It makes my skin so soft, hydrated and calm. Perfect for the colder months! The consistency is a very thick cream, but it's easy to spread over your face and rub into skin. Love it.

on 1/29/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is designed to replenish moisture in dry or sensitive skin that is tight and itchy or flaky. My skin is combination to slightly oily and so I rarely need this, but in winter my skin does become drier and I find it helpful to restore balance to my skin.

The mask is rather thick and creamy and feels like cold cream going on, but it soon sets to a mostly invisible finish for the twenty minutes you are supposed to leave it on. It's never completely matte and dry like a clay or charcoal mask. It feels soothing and non-irritating. It contains anti-oxidants. There is no noticeable fragrance. After twenty minutes when I wash off the mask, the skin does feel fresher and softer, and less like a desert.

I don't recommend this as an all-night sleeping mask because it can rub off on your pillows and sheets. I rinse it off after twenty minutes.

$21 for 4 ounces isn't bad when I compare the price to other brands such as LUSH or Fresh or Origins. It's cheaper than masks from Peter Thomas Roth. It comes in a tube with a flip cap, which I prefer to jar packaging.

Paula's Choice products are cruelty free.

You can usually get a free sample of this if you buy other Paula's Choice products. If you don't see it among the free sample options at checkout, you can select a sample size from the pull-down menu on the product page and try a packet for eighty cents. Most of the products are available in travel packets so it's easy to try the product before buying a full size. For overnights those foil packets of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer can save you from packing a larger duffel.

Key Ingredients: Glycine soja sterols, tocopherol, linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil/olive fruit oil, glycerin, evening primrose oil, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phospholipid, vitamin C, sodium hyaluronate, borage seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, vitamin E, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, glyceryl behanate

Product Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickeners), Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid (cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊