Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A god-send! Whenever I wash my hair on an evening my face becomes dry and tight shortly after, possibly due to the shampoo suds and how hot I like to run the water. All I need is to slather a thick layer over this over my face and throat and immediately any feeling of tightness or discomfort is erased. It's never broken me out or caused acne, despite the fact that it is made of oils. Yes it does contain silicones but at a much lower level than in other PC products, and never gives me any problems.
I leave this to absorb into my skin, which usually takes a few minutes, and then I go to sleep, no need to wash off as it's basically like a thick night cream or sleeping mask. I also have this in sample sizes which I purchased from the website to take with me when travelling and cabin air dries my skin out.

As with all soft tube products I just cut in half to get to the bottom and push the top half down over the pliable bottom half to keep it reasonably sealed and prevent it drying out. One of my fave PC products.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to really love this, but now it's given me a burn under my eye that hurts so badly. It's stung before but this is unbearable. I don't understand what's wrong.

I tried a sample of this.. the formulation pilled off my face, neck and chest so much, that I had to remove it with micellar water. I could not stand it! So thick and filled with silicones. You're better off putting some squalane on your face, at least it soaks in, unlike this mess... Also, it contains both Vitamin C and Vitamin A, although in very small amounts, they are still skin irritants. So if you have very sensitive skin, it's probably not for you..

I love this stuff! I use it almost everyday around a half hour before I go into the shower :) Without it my skin gets really die. The texture feels really creamy, which I love!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I initially got a sample of this when I ordered some other products from Paula's Choice, and I didn't expect to like it much. Once I tried the sample and saw how much moisture it put back into my skin I immediately bought the full size. The texture is thick and not very creamy, but it spreads nicely on the skin, and as an added bonus (thanks to Paula's hardline stance against fragrance) it is unscented. I usually leave it on from anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes, and in this time my skin gets plumped and feels very soft and moisturized. I feel like the moisture does last for a while after the product is rinsed off as well, which is a huge bonus. When I started using this I had been dealing with a very bad rosacea flare and my skin was completely messed up, and using this 2-3 times a week really made a difference in the condition of my skin. I have kept using this semi-regularly, and it makes a huge difference in keeping my skin moisturized enough to ensure that I don't get another huge rosacea flare. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with combo skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin to infuse moisture.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! I use a bit of it with the weekly resurfacing treatment (see my review) for dewy, fresh, renewed skin. I'll use it before bedtime when my skin feels dry and looks dull. I'll use it instead of other PC products when I feel it needs something gentle but still hydrating. I use a tiny pea sized amount to my morning makeup routine. I have repurchased it and will continue to do so. It works and it feel lovely. I have dry, sensitive skin and this one always works well with its needs.

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2017 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever review, that is how strongly I feel about this product.

I have sensitiv combination skin, break out easily if using bad products. Because of the climate (especially in the winter months) I have a huge problem with dryness and dehydration regarding my skin.

This mask wrecked havoc on my skin.
I have now tested it on several occasions:
First time I used it was when my skin was a total mess regarding dryness and dehydration, the mask stung like hell but I thought is was because of my extreme dryness. The first time was also in conjunction with some other new skin care treatments so when my skin acted up I chalked it up to a bad combination. Surely this mask aimed at skin like mine, from PC no less, could do this. I have since tried it on several occasions where my skin has been up and down. The last time was the final straw.

I had very good skin this time around, albeit some tightness. After an exfoliation my skin needed som TLC, reached for this mask and after ca. 5 minutes it started to feel a little tight. When the recommended time had elapsed and I washed my face I felt the burn and my face was read. I applied products that aims to calm the skin before going to bed, but still blotchy, tight and dry when I woke up. It has now passed 2 days since I last used it and my skin is still soar, itches like crazy, and is super dry with red bumps.

In to the bin it goes.
I hope this review will save someone from experiencing the same as me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

on 10/18/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't feel that great on my face. It balled up if I touched my face. It may be good in a humid climate, but dried up my face here in the desert.