Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! I use a bit of it with the weekly resurfacing treatment (see my review) for dewy, fresh, renewed skin. I'll use it before bedtime when my skin feels dry and looks dull. I'll use it instead of other PC products when I feel it needs something gentle but still hydrating. I use a tiny pea sized amount to my morning makeup routine. I have repurchased it and will continue to do so. It works and it feel lovely. I have dry, sensitive skin and this one always works well with its needs.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

on 1/29/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is designed to replenish moisture in dry or sensitive skin that is tight and itchy or flaky. My skin is combination to slightly oily and so I rarely need this, but in winter my skin does become drier and I find it helpful to restore balance to my skin.

The mask is rather thick and creamy and feels like cold cream going on, but it soon sets to a mostly invisible finish for the twenty minutes you are supposed to leave it on. It's never completely matte and dry like a clay or charcoal mask. It feels soothing and non-irritating. It contains anti-oxidants. There is no noticeable fragrance. After twenty minutes when I wash off the mask, the skin does feel fresher and softer, and less like a desert.

I don't recommend this as an all-night sleeping mask because it can rub off on your pillows and sheets. I rinse it off after twenty minutes.

$21 for 4 ounces isn't bad when I compare the price to other brands such as LUSH or Fresh or Origins. It's cheaper than masks from Peter Thomas Roth. It comes in a tube with a flip cap, which I prefer to jar packaging.

Paula's Choice products are cruelty free.

You can usually get a free sample of this if you buy other Paula's Choice products. If you don't see it among the free sample options at checkout, you can select a sample size from the pull-down menu on the product page and try a packet for eighty cents. Most of the products are available in travel packets so it's easy to try the product before buying a full size. For overnights those foil packets of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer can save you from packing a larger duffel.

Key Ingredients: Glycine soja sterols, tocopherol, linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil/olive fruit oil, glycerin, evening primrose oil, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phospholipid, vitamin C, sodium hyaluronate, borage seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, vitamin E, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, glyceryl behanate

Product Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickeners), Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid (cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This product is ah-mazing! It makes my skin feel soft as butter. I was looking for a dupe to Glam Glow Thirsty Mud and came across this. I ordered a couple samples and then ordered the full size later. While it is not quite as good as Glam Glo, it's still a great product and for the price, and I don't feel like I'm settling for less. I use it as my night cream and I don't rinse. It does not aggravate my eczema or cause acne breakouts. Another keeper.

on 1/6/2015 9:10:00 AM

I love this product, but I wouldn't call it a mask. I use it as a night cream in winter with very good results. You don't have to have dry skin to try it, actually I think it doesn't give enough moisture to very dry skin. It gives excellent protection to normal or slightly dry skin against cold weather and heating. In the summer I can imagine using it after a sunburn or anytime after exfoliation treatments. It's a very soothing cream, and my skin absorbs it totally until the morning, so I never wash it down. I even recommend it to people with oily or combination skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my skin's best friend forever. It is a very creamy and rich moisturizing mask that works as promised. I apply a thick layer to my face first thing after every shower (esp. in Fall/Winter) and let it sink in while I am applying body lotion and dressing up. I take the excess off with a moistened cotton pad (DHC Silky Cotton works a treat, it is very resistant). Then I proceed with the rest of my skin care routine. Without fail it gives me a moisturized, plumbed up and youthful looking skin. It is full of good ingredients for my skin (e.g. olive, borage seed and evening primrose oils, phospholipids, vitamins C and E, sodium hyaluronate), is very soothing, never irritating and costs a very reasonable $21 for a 4 oz. tube. What is not to love?

Bottom line: LOVE. Have repurchased, will repurchase, always.

on 8/16/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

YUK! I cannot stand this stuff! It leaves a terrible waxy film behind (on my face anyhow) and the ingredient list is just terrible, which is ironic considering she's the go-to for expert advice on ingredients. And the waxy film issue wasn't even the worst part by far... This is also the only product I have ever used/tried in my 25+ years of cosmetic and facial treatment usage that has ever left me with a super bad reaction issue. While I have tried products that aggravated my skin nothing has been as bad as this - my skin was really itchy (to the point I had to actively force myself to stop scratching it!), which lasted about 24 hrs. I figure its got something to do with the 20 thousand unnecessary ingredients in this stuff. This mask was so bad that it just re-affirmed my suspicions that Paula's website filters reviews (something I considered to be true for a while now bc everything is rated so highly when I know personally and from friends there are some crappy products in her line).

Paula's choice products are always very hit and miss for me; the one's that are good are amazing but when they are bad they are REALLY bad. This one is horrible. I wish I could give it zero stars, for realz. But since I can't, I will just warn people with sensitive and super dry skin to stay far away from this product.

I have dry skin prone to eczema and this mask has worked wonders for me. Keeps my skin super soft. I keep it on overnight and wake up to soft skin. I love the entire Paula's choice skin recovery line. Her products have done wonders for my skin.

on 6/5/2014 1:01:00 AM

Ouch! This burned like crazy and didn't stop burning. I had to wash my face again to get it all off--rinsing wasn't enough. Clearly not the product for me.