Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by age: 36-43
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.1

on 5/7/2017 2:30:00 PM

One of my top 3 favorite of all times. I've been using this for years and I'm constantly on the look out for new scents but without fail I come back to my top 3. This has a light clean floral scent (mostly gardenia). It's easy to find floral scents but so many of them have that sickeningly sweet note. This is classic and feminine.

on 10/2/2013 10:28:00 PM

One of the most compositionally seamless scents I've experienced-- up there with Chanel No 5 and Shalimar (but having a vastly more modern and easygoing feel). It really does what it says: it captures the buttery-perfect freshness of a gardenia floating in water, with none of the cloying or indolic turns so many white florals take. It's breathtaking in its balance of green/aquatic notes with the almost nutty and suede-like scent of a deeply ripe blossom.

This is some damn sexy stuff if you ask me. But I am the kind of person who finds that clean = sexy. I have a visceral "yuck" response to fragrances with heavy, ponderous florals and spices. Perhaps it's that my chemistry can bring out funky, bathroom-y undertones in certain scents. Marc Jacobs is blessedly devoid of such detours. It's pure pleasure-- fresh
gardenia petals strewn across fine Italian suede in an immaculately appointed spa. (And that feels very sexy!) When I wear it, I feel complemented by it but never , overpowered. It fits the online: hypnotic yet discreet, intoxicating yet subtle. One of my all-time faves-- and even though I'm kind of hippie-dippie and not much into tailored clothes, I viscerally just love the square bottle with the black bow :)

on 3/13/2013 7:18:00 PM

This is a somewhat aquatic floral to me, but I find it too synthetic smelling. It's pleasant but not worth purchasing in my opinion. I prefer Daisy to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear this one a lot in all seasons and all situations. It's not the only fragrance I own or wear, but it's definitely much loved. Full-on longevity is about 6-8 hours. The far dry-down is still there, and you can smell it faintly on fabric the day after, but for the whole shimmering impressionistic gardenia effect, a top-up is needed if you're going to go from day to evening with it, which is no bad thing in my book as I get to smell the amazing opening more often. After that 'ta-dah!' blast of gardenia, it quiets down within 30 minutes and wears as a more polite floral with a 1950s sort of vibe to it, for me at least. I don't know what it is, that stuff that smells sort of sparkling, like L'Air du Temps even though the actual smell is not the same - like air charged with electricity before a storm - more of a feeling than a smell. But as for the smell it's a little green, a little fresh, a little musky, I can sort of catch a glimpse of something like FM's Angeliques Sous La Pluie in it every so often... overall just very, very pretty. When I wear it with jeans, it feels like a casual beachy sort of scent, and when I'm making more of an effort in the clothing and make-up departments, it feels classy and tailored. I love it, and I hope they keep making it, and don't *expletive* with the formula! It feels like a future classic.

on 5/5/2011 8:09:00 PM

in order to appreciate this scent, you have to like white florals. I adore gardenia and tuberose flowers and their scent, and since i live in the tropics, i smell it all the time. Unfortunately, most perfumes with gardenia do not recapture the magnificent scent of the real flower instead making it cloyinly sweet and smelling like bathroom freshener. This one is wondeful-i don't smell jasmine or ginger or any other notes other than fresh gardenias and tuberose, that has just been plucked off and deposited into a bowl full of icy water. I'm really not sure what note gives it that "aquatic" and fresh feeling but whatever it is, its gives it a push from the land of nice into stunning. I own quite a few fragrances but this is one of the few scents where i actually finished my bottle and repurchased it several times. I will always have it in my stash. I have been complimented on it numerous times, by both men and women. Its very fresh and almost innocent scent and i can see it suitable for all ages.
the only thing i dislike is the bottle-the cap doesn't come off and you have to press on it to spray, very inconvinient since cap is wide and uncomfortable to grip with your fingers

on 2/3/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Love this scent. It's the first gift my husband ever bought me, when we were dating long distance from one coast to the other. He had it sent to me at work. When I wear it, it brings back memories of those wonderful times, before the days of mortgage and bills and dirty dishes and underwear left on the bathroom floor.

It's such a classic gardenia, soft and feminine but not prissy. It has a beautiful dry down, powdery and elegant. It lasts most of the day. I have to be careful applying, a little bit goes a long way. The only dislike is the bottle, it's hard to get the perfume to spray when the level gets low, unless I tip the bottle so more is gathered on the side with the plastic tube. That wont deter me from buying more (or asking my husband to buy more!) when this bottle is finished, which it almost is. Time for more Marc Jacobs!

This is my classic fragrance, well it has not been around for that long but I never get sick of this scent. It is so classy and sexy without smelling like candy. Don't need to smell like my daughter. The Jasmine and Rose combo is what I truly love about this scent. A little goes a long way. Fragrances usually give me a headache but not this one. I am glad since I just won't part with it. It is my day and night scent, all year round!

on 4/5/2010 11:01:00 AM

Mmmm, I loved this perfume!

on 4/5/2010 10:54:00 AM

I actually think this perfume betters my mood, increases my happiness and confidence. Oh my goodness, I have been using this for years and I cannot believe I haven't reviewed it yet. What positive thing can I say that hasn't already been said? This is my favorite floral yet. The drydown on me is excellent, and I love the little *whiffs* I get of it throughout the day. I feel prettier when I wear this. What more can I ask? I'm going to wear this today.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An absolutely fresh, aqueous gardenia scent that is creamy, rather than sharp and soapy. So many fresh floral fragrances have a metallic or citrus tone that ends up smelling synthetic on the skin--this one gets it absolutely right, so the effect is of newly picked flower petals on warm skin. I wear this when I don't have the mojo to contend with heavier or more challenging fragrances, but I still want to smell classy and womanly rather than generically "clean." It is pure, simple, and delightful to all who smell me.

I like the pure parfum and EDP the best. I do have the body cream, but find it pretty lightly scented for the price.

eBay has some good deals on gift sets, many of which come with a small bottle of the pure parfum for less than $15. Don't bother buying this at retail, there's no need!