Lancôme Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

No Image

3.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this at a TJ Maxx a couple years ago. It's a beautiful hot pink with some gold duochrome. It's extremely bright and out of my comfort zone, but I love it anyway. It feels cooling on my lips and it's really pigmented - it's the perfect summer color. It looks great on my NC35 lips, and it's really unique because of the golden sheen. It's a little on the sticky side, but I don't mind since it lasts for so long-about three or even four hours without reapplying. It also smells like a fresh berry and it's really refreshing!

on 6/5/2008 2:14:00 PM

This is my first Juicy Tube, so I can't compare it to any other shade in the line, but it is true that this stuff is pigmented! I nearly flipped out when I tried it on -- a big smear of glittery orange! BUT when applied completely and with a firm press of the lips, this becomes a hot orangey pink with shimmer. A little wilder than I normally go for, but hey, it's summer! This is bright, but not unnatural. I got this on sale at TJ Maxx (wouldn't pay $18 for a lipgloss!) and I like it, though I doubt it's essential in my collection of muted roses and neutrals.

on 2/2/2008 2:51:00 PM

If you are tired of JTs with little to no color then this is the JT for you. This is one of, if not the, most pigmented JTs I'd ever had. In fact I ended up swapping it away because the color was just too much for my fair skin. It was such torture finding that elusive JT that has color and then having to part with it because the color wasn't right on me. It was a bright fushia with gold tones that looked absolutely garish on my NC15 complection. I'm still giving it a 3 though because against the right coloring it could look fab and because it wasn't ANOTHER so-sheer-as-to-be-pointless JT. Regardless of your complection, if you want a colorful JT it's at least worth a try at the lancome counter, but definitely try before you buy because if it's not right for you it will be glaringly obvious.

on 5/8/2007 4:36:00 AM

The colour of this Juicy Tube is too pigmented and way too bright for my likeing. It is a bright reddish hot pink with a golden shimmer. I only need to use a small dab for my whole lips and I can tell it is going to take me ages to just use up 10% of this tube as the staying power is very high.

on 3/13/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think I prefer the texture of Lancome's regular Juicy Tubes as opposed to the Pop ones, but this is a great color - bright cool pink with gold shimmer. It's not frosty either which makes it more wearable than it looks in the tube. I didn't find this to be as shiny or moist as the regular Juicy Tubes which is why I took off a lipstick, but this is a pretty color and has very good staying power.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Kind of like the Juicy Tubes Pop version of Bolole; it's a bright orangey red with a fuchsia undertone and gold shimmer. Very pigmented and does indeed leave a slight stain behind (which I love, as my natural lips have zero pigment). Smells like bubble gum, and has a slight minty tingle which is fun but not bothersome.