Jessicurl Jessicurl - Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner

Jessicurl Jessicurl - Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner

Water infused with lemongrass, nettle, burdock, kelp, marshmallow root, horsetail, basil, bay leaf, oregano, rosemary, peppermint, sage, and thyme; aloe vera juice, behentrimonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol, shea butter, jojoba oil, avocado oil, lecithin, hydrolyzed oat flour, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When it comes to my first impressions of this product, all I can really say is that this is a fairly okay conditioner. I did use it with heat, because that is how I best prefer to condition my hair. I never purchased a full size of it, as I only had a smaller travel size version to work with. So, I really can't speak a whole lot about this product or any cumulative effects received from it.

Oh, and the version that I got was the fragrance free version, by the way. I would like to get this in the full size, so that way I can really see if this product is an actual staple for my hair not. So, yes, I am open to giving this product another try, even though I rated it a 2. I will come back and change my rating, if need be after I have had chance to get the full size bottle and use all of it up.

on 8/25/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my holy grail conditioner. It smells fantastic and detangles hair like a dream. It is also an excellent leave in conditioner. It leaves my curly hair bouncy and moisturized. I purchased this item through curlmart during a sale and got a great discount. Please note that this conditioner is very natural so you need to use with within a year or so

on 5/22/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have fine/Thin 2a/2b hair, with high porosity (dry) and this is HG for me. It hydrates my hair, makes it shiny and so on. Love it. Too shea! Can weight down fine hair, but I use sea-saltspray and part my hair differently everyday to avoid that issue. Highly recommend for dry hair!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting to try this out for a while. Originally, I planned on getting the Weekly Deep Treatment but settled on this instead. It is incredibly rich feeling and provides great slip in the shower. I like that this can double as a leave in as well. I have the Island Fantasy scent and I really like it. It seems to linger for a while too which is nice. It makes my hair less frizzy and adds decent shine. I only need a small amount or my hair gets weighed down. It does feel like it hydrates my hair well. It doesn't leave any buildup so far. I can't wait to experiment with other Jessicurl products to see if they will work out for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Too shea is very moisturizing and really hydrates dry hair. It's a more runny consistency, so it's very easy too apply and rinse out. I feel that it's equally as good as the deep treatment, but if I had too choose one, I would chose the deep treatment. I got the island scent and love it. It's a subtle scent that will not irritate sensitive skin, or noses.

on 4/21/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This made my 3a hair frizzy and feeling dried out to the touch. I LOVE the fact that they offer un-scented products. Sadly, this conditioner was horrible on my hair.

on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My hair is texlaxed (relaxed but with a lot of texture left in), thick, MBL and I have low porosity hair. I was looking for a deep conditioner that was a bit thinner than my Aubrey Organics in order to penetrate my low porosity hair a bit better and easier. Although it was a bit pricey for 8 oz, I liked the ingredients and you don't have to use a ton of it. When I applied, it instantly melted into my hair and made it smooth and soft. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes and when I removed my plastic cap, my hair felt amazing. So why only 3 lippies??

Well the softness didn't last after I rinsed. While rinsing, my hair started feeling dry and rough. I was so confused! I gave it 3 lippies because it totally redeemed itself as a leave in. I applied it and let my hair airdry. It was super soft and the leave in helps in detangling. My comb just glided through my hair. So, as a DC, I will not repurchase or recommend but as a leave in, I most definitely would.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner really is the gold standard for hydration. Nothing makes my hair as soft as this stuff. I use it only once in a while as a deep treat because I don't really need something this heavy duty all the time, but I really love it. You do get a lot of product for your money, but the fact that it comes in a jar is really lame. I'm not all about hygiene the way some people are, and I don't mind jars in general, but it does say DO NOT INTRODUCE WATER INTO THE PRODUCT on it, which is really hard to avoid when you're using a jar in the shower.
Jessica, if you're reading this, change the packaging! I don't think the formula is too thick for a squeeze tube or a pump!

on 4/4/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This conditioner irritated my scalp and made it itch. One of the ingredients is peppermint, so I suspect that's the cause.

I really loved this for a time, and do think it may be what turned my hair for the better, but alas, the ingredients are a bit too rich and it breaks out my arms and neck even though I wash my body after. It is pricey when you add in shipping. I have switched to DevaCare.