Sally Hansen New Cuticles

No Image

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

The full name of this product is "New Cuticles (TM) Cuticle Renewal Cream." It comes in a card backer with a hole so it hangs on a peg, and inside the plastic bubble is the container of this product. The container is a flattened cylinder with a threaded cap. Think Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Balm but it's plastic and threaded instead of a pop cap.

The tag on the backer says, “Conditions dry, rough cuticle skin. Helps reveal new, healthy skin. With aloe and vitamin E.” I don't know why but I think it's AHA added.

So I open it up... it’s dried to a very hard paste, harder than a Uhu glue stick. Since it's probably water soluable, I add water, stir with my fingertip, more water, more water. No date, or other indication saying when this product expires. I don't know if I got a bad one or if was known to be bad and it was priced to move out (it was on clearance, $3.98 marked down from maybe $5 or so).

Anyway I'm persistent so I get the sticky gluelike substance to be a cream consistency and I start using it. Well, turns out I like it. i like the very light smell (citrusy) and I feel i t absorbs and also softens cuticles. I don't feel like it's just sitting there (this happens to me when I use Burt's Bees).

So this one had problems, I'm not sure if it's got AHA but I'm thinking this could be a d/s alternative to pricer OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment or the CND Cuticle Eraser or the high end Barielle stuff. I just hope this product wasn't tested on animals.

on 5/10/2004 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If I could just stop biting my nails, I could have truly beautiful hands, but since I'm still wrestling that beauty demon this product is a big help. The light, cucumbery scent is VERY soothing, and the cream itself is lovely! It absorbs very quickly, and instantly my fingers look prettier; it really does gently work away those dead cuticles when you use it as directed. In my experience, most hand/nail creams sting my nail beds and cuticles, especially after grooming, and this doesn't; it's very moisturizing, soothing and non-irritating. It's great for a spoil-yourself spa night!

Popular Treatments