Quo Eye Shadows

No Image

4.4

TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ZINC STEARATE, ALUMINA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE PEG-7 ISOSTEARATE , BORON NITRIDE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, METHICONE, SILICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, TIN OXIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, May contain: MICA, IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE , ULTRAMARINES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, ALUMINUM POWDER, BRONZE POWDER, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, MANGANESE VIOLET, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CARMINE, BLUE 1 LAKE

on 9/10/2009 11:04:00 AM

I have had these quads for a couple of years now and they are fantastic.I keep coming back to them for day and night looks.
They each have a non shimmery color ( no one over 35 should wear shimmer) so look natural but better and have great color pay off.
The packaging is innovative too, a compact with a hinged inner plastic cover over the shadows, twice the protection for them.
I just wish they would come out with new colors soon ( and lower the price)

on 8/12/2008 7:56:00 PM

This is really nice eyeshadow! I love that the colours are matte and seem to have good staying power. I don't do any intense designs, but the dark grey brown is good for a bit of smudged liner. I have the sandbar palette, who's colours are all matte and neutral. I like more basic, classic makeup, so this is perfect. The packaging is also pretty chic! I wouldn't buy again, because i don't see using this up in the near future!

I used Nightlife as a liner, and it stays pretty good. Because i only use it as a liner, its lasted me a long time. Which is good, becasue I remember a couple of years ago they changed their eyeshadows, I'm not even sure I can get Nightlife anymore. And these newer colours don't look as bright.

If they still have nightlife, I'd buy it again.

on 2/29/2008 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love Quo's eyeshadows. I usually buy the quad palettes and the colours are easy for me the apply and blend, even though I am horrible at applying eyeshadow. The colours are true to what you see in the pack, no need to apply a ton of shadow to get the colour so they last a long time which makes the high price not so bad. I also haven't had much trouble with this product creasing, which is usually an issue for me. Will definitely continue to purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

got this in florentine pathway and it's pretty expensive for a drugstore brand ($15). the packaging is really annoying because you have to stick your nail in the crack to open it up. the colors don't show up too well and they go on pretty blotchy. will not repurchase.

This review is in response to their quad shadows specifically.

I have two of their palletes, the first is sand/sable which offers four truly matte neutrals ranging from vanilla to mink. I normally hate multiple shadow packs because I end up only using half of them, but in this case it's the PERFECT daytime neutral palette and I use all the colours. The medium tone is great for my brows, the light for an all over wash and/or brow highlight, the taupe-beige for the crease, and the dark for along the lash line. And they are MATTE!!! I am so tired of absolutely EVERYTHING being shimmery these days. To me, wearing shimmer all over your face on every feature is akin to a TV ad with someone yelling at you for 30 seconds. It's just TOO MUCH to have everything at the same volume! Particularly if you are in a professional work environment as I am.

I also ADORE the package. The hinged plastic shadow-protector that is inside the lid is brilliant as far as I'm concerned. The brush is useless as they always are, but it's a GREAT travel shadow kit for anyone who is fair skinned.

The other one I have is in the grey/black family, and while one of the shades has a SUBTLE shimmer, it's a fabulous set with everything you need for a smokey evening look.

As a make-up junkie, I truly love the pigment and wearability of these shadows. Oh, and MAC addicts might be interested to know that this line was formulated by the same Canadians who created the very original MAC line, way back in the early 90's before it was purchased by EL.

on 8/14/2005 12:59:00 AM

I heard so many raves I had to check it out, but I have found this only so-so. I prefer Revlon ColorStay, especially the new 12-hour 4-color compacts.

I've just tried the Holiday 2005 Naughty eyeshadow quad and it's amazing. The shadows last all day and the color stays true. Goes on very silky! Great value for your money. I use this everyday!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Does anyone here know if Quo tests on animals?

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to my Shopper's Drugmart and found this amazing color of pink shadow. I got home excited to try and and was so dissappointed. The shadow looked solky soft but was actually chalky and didn't apply all that well. The beautiful pink color washed out on my eyelids and barely noticeable.