Ole Henriksen Nurture Me - Soothing Creme

Ole Henriksen Nurture Me - Soothing Creme

3.8

on 6/22/2018 4:27:00 PM

I got this yesterday and I absolutely LOVE IT. It is great for Dry, Sensitive skin. The only thing I dislike is that it tingles after you put it on.

This is a great heavy cream for the winter. It smells like raspberries and yogurt and the scent just draws you in immediately. Like all Ole Henriksen products, this is a really high quality product at a very affordable price point for a night cream ($50 CAD). It does leave a greasy finish so I can't go right to sleep afterwards, but it does leave your skin really soft and nourished the next day. Again, this is not a cream for the summer, definitely something I would switch over to in October/November.

on 5/15/2015 7:56:00 PM

This product smells like a creamsicle/sherbet! Thereís not much else I can say though, the product was a bit mediocre. This was a small jar that was part of a special holiday package from JCPenney Sephora to sample select items from this brand. Side note Ė JCPenneyís Sephoras have exclusive gift sets that are great options to try products without committing to full-sized (though they do offer full-sized gift sets as well).

Back to the product - It wasnít hydrating enough for my dry/dehydrated skin that gets somewhat oily in the summers. It has a whipped texture like frosting on a cupcake, glides on my face easily, & dries matte. It doesnít feel heavy on the skin, which is a plus. And the sherbet smell does go away. On the product packaging, it stated this can be used in the morning and night, so I tried both. It was OK during a spring day, but at night, my face still didnít feel quite as hydrated/moisturized as some other creams/oils Iíve used.

In regards to additional benefits to my skin? None. Would I repurchase? Probably not since itís $40 and it didnít wow me.

on 4/14/2015 11:30:00 PM

Truly sad because this product broke me out ūüėĒ I have very dry sensitive acne prone skin with redness so I thought this would be an excellent product to use! I did like the consistency of it, the smell didn't bother me too much...wasn't really a fan of the jar (bacteria) but other than that I had high hopes for this one. I know it says for sensitive skin, but maybe I'm just WAY too sensitive. Returning back to Sephora sadly

on 8/20/2014 12:59:00 PM

A good overall face cream. I have sensitive skin, so I usually break out when moisturizers have strong smells and dyes, which this one does, but I didn't break out. I only use it during the winter or when my skin needs a little extra moisture. The smell is really nice, orange creamsicle, has a bright orange/red colour. It is a pretty thick consistency, and I found myself using a bit to much in the attempt to try and smooth it around my face. It takes a while for it to really sink it, and once it does it feels great.

on 8/1/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I meant to give the product a five lippie overall rating (despite the couple of things I don't like about it) but MUA won't let me choose five so it's a four! First of all, I am so thankful for having stumbled upon Ole Henriksen products, despite the fact that I'm spending a lot more on skin care now, it is worth the high price. I use three OH products and my skin is completely transformed.

I have 38 year old, olive toned Indian-Asian skin which ranges from combination in summer to dry and sensitive in the cooler months. On top of that, I use a Shiseido sunblock which further dries out my skin. Which means for almost 6-8 months/year my face is covered with dry flaky patches and feels irritated all the time. Enter OH's Nurture Me with it's creamy gel texture and the most fabulous hydrating properties I've ever experienced. It melts into my skin, plumps it up and keeps it moisturised all day. In fact i have even dared to wear foundation on top of it a couple of times, something that I stopped doing years ago because of the dryness, and I couldn't believe how wonderful my makeup looked and felt. I don't mind the jar packing but I'm not a fan of the fragrance. I usually like mildly fragranced products but I'm not enjoying the intense sweetness of this one. It is expensive but after trying so many cheaper moisturizers that either did nothing or just sat on top of my skin, I feel like this one is worth every penny. In the summers I use OH's Sheer Transformation and OH's Truth Serum under my moisturizer all year round. If you are struggling with dryness related skin problems, do yourself a favor and try this once.

on 6/9/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I didn't think I'd love this moisturizer so much. I've repurchased it three times now - takes me an average of two and a half months to use up the whole jar. It has a custard-like texture, smells like an orange creamsicle, and it wears well under makeup. I initially only applied it after using an exfoliator or peel because it was one of the only moisture creams that truly soothed and didn't sting. Then, when I started using a retinol serum at night, it became my nighttime moisturizer, then swiftly transitioned to my day cream as well. Right now in the warmer summer months I can use it on its own, but when the winter rolls around I'll usually pat a richer cream on top. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * sunflower seed oil * glycerin * dimethicone * cyclopentasiloxane * glyceryl stearate SE * rosa canina fruit oil * cetearyl alcohol * allantoin * ascorbyl palmitate * tocopheryl acetate * retinyl palmitate * panthenol * evening primrose oil * wheat germ oil * matricaria flower extract * calendula officinalis flower extract * grapefruit fruit extract * orange fruit extract * ceteareth-20 * ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate * cetyl alcohol * phenoxyethanol * ethylhexylglycerin * caprylyl glycol * hexylene glycol * carbomer * yellow 6 * red 40 * fragrance (parfum)

on 3/12/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first product I tried from the Ole Henrickson line. My face is on the dry side... especially in the winter. I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. The texture and the scent are wonderful. It sinks right into your skin without leaving a greasy film. My face is soft and my complexion is clear when I wake in the morning (I use this day and night). This has become my HG moisturizer... I have repurchased it twice. I have tried a couple of other Ole Henrickson moisturizers as well and I love them too!

on 11/6/2012 12:42:00 PM

I have very dry skin with roseacea and was recommended this product at Sephora. The sample wasn't large enough to really show me anything, but the smell was what drew me in. It smells like an orange creamsicle, so it's very sweet and pungent. That might not be a good thing for some, but it was a great thing for me. Smell aside, the moisturizer does its job in the moisturizing department; my face isn't dry and there are no dry patches to be seen. BUT the redness is still there, although it may have gone down just a tiny bit. When I am spending $40 on some face cream, I expect it to do exactly everything that it sells itself on, so just a little redness reduction is a no no. Regardless of that little fact, it's still a damn fine moisturizer for dry skin.

on 10/25/2012 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! It seems to be the older I get, the worse my skin gets. Not fun! This was suggested to me because I went in looking for a new moisturizer as my old one just seemed to be drying me out. My skin was very red and extremely dry. He told me that I might need to see a dermatologist if this lotion didn't help. The good news is that I don't need to go! This lotion has calmed my skin down and made it comfortable again. It does tingle when I first put it on, but it goes away pretty quick. I love the smell, doesn't smell full of chemicals. It sinks into my skin pretty quick so I only wait a few minutes before applying my makeup. My skin feels moisturized without feeling greasy. This hasn't caused any breakouts. I guess my only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump to dispense. I like that they use the glass container, but I feel like I might be wasting a little when I get it with my fingers. Other than that, I LOVE this and will definitely be buying this again. Also, this is my first product from Ole Henriksen and because I lobe it so much, I'm going to give some of their other products a try :)