Sephora Compact Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in D40 to use as a contour color. It works well for pulling in the sides of my face just right. It's a little pricey, but since I use it for just contouring it lasts a good while.

Downside would have to be the packaging. The top of my compact sort of fell off and it's very loosely attached right now. I have to be so careful opening the container as to not pull the whole top off. Given, I've had the compact for about 6 months, but even my L'Oreal compacts are holding up better!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but it didn't work with my skin either. It accentuated the dry skin on my nose pretty badly but it didn't break me out and kept my face matted all day. I still ended up exchanging it for the Sephora brand liquid foundation instead.

Overall, I would only recommend it if you have oily skin or plan on using only in the summer.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 PM

This "foundation" has very little coverage and really no staying power. You could use it to tint your face or keep some sun off you, but other than that? blah.

The real reason for this review is a heads up about the color. I got D32, warm golden beige. Beware, theres no "beige" in this thing. Its a very strong golden yellow. Usually I cant get makeup with enough yellow in it, so believe what I say--this D32 is crazy yellow. So beware. It may look ordinary in the compact, but when you put it ON, watch out cause its gonna be a whole other look. So, yellow-skinned sisters, this might be for you. Unfortunately they dont make the "mineral double compact" in this shade --that stuff is more usable as a subtle foundation.

And the cover? Take a look. Does yours say "matifying." Thats not how you spell it.

it's okay... just a regular compact i use on my face for school days. nothing out of the ordinary but i might just get a drugstore product next time.

I really like this powder foundation and think it's comparable to Mac studio fix powder. I used R20 in cool nude and I think the color actually fits my skin color better than my Mac NC20-25...anyway the price is kind of high for a store brand (~$20) unless it's on sale, but I will repurchase. Offers great coverage, many different shades, and matifying. I would recommend this more more combination to oily skin types since it's a little drying (hence the matifying aspect). The only thing I didn't like about it is that the packaging is very inconvenient. You have to flip the foundation part over to get to the sponge and mirror so I find myself constantly flipping the thing...ick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like the 'Mattifying Compact Foundation' because the colour was perfect for my skintone and the powder was so finely milled. The packaging so classy. BUT, I broke out with this. I got little bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks. I'm so disheartened that it didn't suit me and upon checking the ingredient list, I noticed it contained "bismyth oxycholride(CI 77163)' and 'Talc' which doesn't suit my skin at all. Will be returning this and getting the Double Compact with SPF 10 since it doesn't contain the two ingredients mentioned above. Hopefully that'll be better. Too bad the colour wouldn't be perfect but oh well. I rather have slightly imperfect colour than a pizza face!

on 8/21/2007 2:26:00 PM

This is the second compact that I've bought. I don't think I have ever run out of one product (because I'm such a makeup wh0re!). This was a first. I LOVE IT. It's not cakey, goes on evenly, doesn't settle into lines and doesn't slide off. I'd buy it again!

well, i bought this stuff because it was on sale for 6 dollars. although the sephora lady didn't really push for this products as they usually do when asked. It does not come with a mirror or a sponge. It is good for oil control and that's pretty much it. It does not do justice in coverage, or anything else .. Just conceal oil and gives off the Matte look. Good for 6 dollars. Although it can get too powdery when applied with a wet sponge.

on 11/28/2006 8:29:00 PM

super expensive for the most basic of foundations. I would spend a few extra dollars and get a better quality one.

on 3/9/2006 7:39:00 PM

This powder foundation offers I would say decent coverage and its not all that expensive. But I gotta say its really chalky looking. So if you want a true matte powder look, this will work with you- but I wanted good coverage without the chalk look. It just made my face look dull overall - and I gotta say that the color match was dead on. I got D20, and I am typically a NC30, 40 watt girl. Sadly, this will be going back to the store.