Lancome Hypnose

Lancome Hypnose
HypnoseHypnoseHypnoseLancome Hypnose, UD 23/7 Oil Slick, Latisse Week 6Lancome Hypnose (note the creamy formula)

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 3/5/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my go to mascara for a while now. I've cycled through a few, and have fairly sensitive eyes, so this has been a great find. I was using Lancome's Grandiose for a while before this, and only switched because I found out this one is available in brown which is more subtle against my fair skin for everyday wear.

I've found a lot of mascaras tend to make my eyes sting, itch, water, you name it. Not the case with the ones I've tried by Lancome so far. Brownie points for that.

I've also searched for the longest time for a decent mascara that doesn't smudge and transfer underneath my eyes; this one isn't perfect, but I personally found it to be a whole lot better than Benefit's Bad Gal mascara, which gave me terrible panda eyes. The black shade of Hypnose is the main offender for this, I'm using it at the moment (my local stockist is pretty hit and miss with the shades they stock, I'll buy online in future) and find that I do have to wipe the residue from underneath my eyes once or twice a day. That said I do have fairly oily lids so that might be a contributing factor. The brown Hypnose isn't so bad in this respect and I can sometimes go all day without the need for any corrections, but it's not without its smudgy moments.

Now, as for this mascara's ability to lengthen and volumise. It lengthens more than it does volumise, but my lashes look lovely, fanned out and separated nicely with just enough volume to give lashes a boost. It's not an overly dramatic effect, which I like, and does look nice and natural in a few coats. A few more coats leads to a slightly more dramatic look, more suited to going out. My lashes can be a bit stubborn at times, but this really does look lovely on. For reference, my day to day makeup consists of foundation, a little something to give my eyebrows some definition, and this. I'll sometimes add eyeliner on my upper eyelids, and eyeshadow for going out. This looks great on its own or as part of a whole eye makeup routine. It comes off fairly easily at the end of the day, a little effort is required depending on how much has been applied.

The brush is a curvy 'hourglass' shape. I'm not much of a brush connoisseur, but I do like what this does. It's easy enough to use because if I can do it, anyone can! A fresh tube will sometimes deposit product on the lid, close to the lash line, although I might be clumsy as it only ever happens on my left eye! Perhaps something to bear in mind, though. I like this brush better than some of the 'fat' ones I've used in the past, as it does separate the lashes and helps avoid clumps.

It is pricey. At £23.50 a tube, I'd normally think twice if I hadn't been so impressed with the results. But this can last me up to 3 months. Most drugstore brands would last me about a month before drying out too much to use, but I feel I am getting my money's worth with this. The tube I'm currently using was bought on 20th December 2016, and is still giving good results, but I will change it soon (I'll be trying the waterproof version to use on holiday) if only because it's been nearly 3 months. At this rate I could stretch it to 4 if I really needed to but generally speaking, this should last about 2 - 3 months. I'd easily spend £12 plus a month on other mascaras so to my mind it does all work out.

The packaging is nice and sleek, sophisticated, pretty classic with the signature Lancome branding on the lid. Nothing to write home about, but deceptive as the product inside the tube is a really good one.

I buy this regularly, so would again! Points deducted for the smudging and price, but everything else is spot on. Hypnose is very close to being my HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

By far the best mascara I have ever used. It gives length, volume, definition and separates the lashes beautiful. Even more coats do not clump and look so very nice. The price is a little high but this mascara is definitely worth it! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really mediocre mascara and I absolutely do not think the high-end price is justified here. It separates lashes nicely, fanning them out, but it added almost zero volume and length. I don't want subtlety in my mascara, I want noticeable results! Also those wavy-shaped wands are so annoying. What is the point of them? I feel like all they do is make the job harder than it should be.

Was given this mascara in a set as a gift and was excited to try it! I love the packaging and the intense black colour but when I applied to my lashes, wasnt that impressed. It gives volume but really separates the lashes (which some people love, but I don't) and didnt give much length or darkness. Its an average mascara but I wouldnt repurchase due to the cost. Having said that, it doesnt budge or smudge during the day which is a pro!

This is by far the worst mascara I've ever tried. It does nothing, there is absolutely no hold in it (if you use an eyelash curler the lashes fall right down), and it clumps too.

on 1/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a nice solid mascara for everyday use. It doesn't clump, doesn't smudge, it seperates the lashes nicely and it give a good color. For someone seeking a whole lot of volume - this isn't for you. But for a bit of volume and length this is a nice stable product for everyday. The brush is easy too use and it takes me 30 seconds too do my mascara in the mornings - I appreciate that! Also it hasn't broken me out so far and I've used it for about a month so that's a big plus!

on 11/8/2016 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the original Hypnose mascara and what a disappointment it was!. This mascara did nothing for my lashes, zero! I was expecting at least some volume, which is mainly what I am after, but all I got was thin short spikey lashes that I could easily get from a cheaper mascara.
It clumps & dries fast, so no time to comb clumps out & does'nt last throughout the day. It was hard to take off with a face cleanser & warm water, so I do not even like it as an everyday mascara. It is expensive, for the price I was expecting a lot more. This mascara is going in the bin.

on 11/5/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best Lancome mascara. Maybe also the most 'modest' one. It gives beautiful and natural lashes, and this with a very normal brush. I have tried the other versions with the more stophisticated brushes, but the regular/normal Hypnose mascara is the best.

on 10/20/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara does everything it says it does. It gives volume and separates the lashes. I give myself 2 coats and I'm ready to go. Doesn't clump and doesn't smudge or flake. It's so expensive though and I only buy it when it's part of a gift set and usually 3 or 4 to make it last 6 to 8 months. Definitely recommend.

on 10/5/2016 4:21:00 AM

This is the best mascara I have ever owned! It's texture is creamy and easy to apply, you can easily build the intensity and the drama of your lashes.
Naturally my lashes are pretty long but still i feel this product is lengthening my lashes, I can actually feel my lashes when i blink :D
I don't know how people with short lashes will get along with this one, BUT- if you have normal\long lashes- buy it!!!! you won't regret.

Popular Mascaras