Lancome Hypnose

Lancome Hypnose
HypnoseHypnoseHypnoseLancome Hypnose, UD 23/7 Oil Slick, Latisse Week 6Lancome Hypnose (note the creamy formula)

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 7/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

An ok mascara. Hver tried better. My lastes got long, but clumpy!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, yes, my first High End mascara. I thought I had the best mascara because my lashes looked alot better than ever (those were the times when I used that pink/green Maybelline mascara, ugh). Unfortunately, the price is expensive and no mascara is worth so much money. I hope I get a mini sample of this someday, because I tossed my expired mascara and wanted to keep the brush because that's what makes this product really good. It gets 4 lips because the price is too expensive.

on 5/22/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product after seeing a lot of beauty bloggers using it but it just hasn't worked for me. Very dark mascara which I love but it only really lengthened my lashes and not by much. There is little to no volume given by application. I also found the consistency of the product very tacky which did not help with putting more than 1 layer on. Finally, the mascara dried out very quickly. I would consider buying this product again to see if the issues I had were due to my mascara being a sample size or if it really just isn't a good product.

on 5/7/2017 8:23:00 PM

I love this mascara but i cant find it any more they said its cut out of the market is that true or they just want me to buy something els??

I love this mascara. I haven't tried tons of brand name ones, but this is better than Better Than Sex (TooFaced) and They're Real (Benefit) which are top rated mascaras. It's buildable, while still looking super natural. It doesn't clump, and your lash ends don't get that super blunt, heavy edge to them. They still taper. But what I especially love about it is that IT DOESN'T FLAKE. And it almost acts like a waterproof mascara, because it doesn't smudge or run even if I get my face wet accidentally. But then at night, it's super easy to get off. This is now my go to mascara.

I recommend wiping a little of the product off the wand back into the bottle before applying because it picks up quite a bit, but once you do that, just a little product, it applies beautifully.

on 4/29/2017 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried many high and low end mascaras over a 35 year period. My favorite combination for a clean yet false lash effect is using Sheisedo Nourishing mascara base (I've used it for at least 20 years) with this mascara. I used Lancome's Cils Booster XL with it but get much better results with the Sheisdo base. Also, I noticed that the Cils Booster dried out much faster than than both the Hypnose mascara and Sheisedo base. I know you'rs supposed to replace mascara every three months, but the Hypnose has lasted me about six months, maybe more with no problems. It was the Cils Booster that dried out early (before three months) so I went back to using the Sheisdo base.

on 4/28/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

On the fence about this Mascara. It gives volume and intensity (a hint of length too), but I find that it does not separate the lashes and thus clumps a bit. Not too much, but I have to comb the lashes afterward. I usually don't do that with Lancome Virtuous or Diorshow.

Hypnose is still a great mascara, no smudging or flaking. I like it but I will keep looking for better mascaras.

on 4/23/2017 10:09:00 AM

At last after trying every mascara going I have found the one!! Absolutely brilliant no clumping at all leaving my eyelashes looking long & full, defining every single lash. Its a little pricey but worth every penny, I use estee lauder little black primer as my day time mascara and this one if Iam going out as I dont like to remove mascara every day, along with revitalash serum which excelerates eyelash growthy eyelashes look great & I no longer need semi permanant extensions ✨

on 4/13/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Lancôme purchase and I love it! With one coat, I get long, separated, volumized, lashes. No clumps whatsoever, and no smudging at the end of the day. Other reviewers have said it's hard to get off, but I haven't had any problems. I just use baby oil and it takes it right off. I really think I have finally found everything I've been looking for in this mascara. I love it!

on 3/5/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my go to mascara for a while now. I've cycled through a few, and have fairly sensitive eyes, so this has been a great find. I was using Lancome's Grandiose for a while before this, and only switched because I found out this one is available in brown which is more subtle against my fair skin for everyday wear.

I've found a lot of mascaras tend to make my eyes sting, itch, water, you name it. Not the case with the ones I've tried by Lancome so far. Brownie points for that.

I've also searched for the longest time for a decent mascara that doesn't smudge and transfer underneath my eyes; this one isn't perfect, but I personally found it to be a whole lot better than Benefit's Bad Gal mascara, which gave me terrible panda eyes. The black shade of Hypnose is the main offender for this, I'm using it at the moment (my local stockist is pretty hit and miss with the shades they stock, I'll buy online in future) and find that I do have to wipe the residue from underneath my eyes once or twice a day. That said I do have fairly oily lids so that might be a contributing factor. The brown Hypnose isn't so bad in this respect and I can sometimes go all day without the need for any corrections, but it's not without its smudgy moments.

Now, as for this mascara's ability to lengthen and volumise. It lengthens more than it does volumise, but my lashes look lovely, fanned out and separated nicely with just enough volume to give lashes a boost. It's not an overly dramatic effect, which I like, and does look nice and natural in a few coats. A few more coats leads to a slightly more dramatic look, more suited to going out. My lashes can be a bit stubborn at times, but this really does look lovely on. For reference, my day to day makeup consists of foundation, a little something to give my eyebrows some definition, and this. I'll sometimes add eyeliner on my upper eyelids, and eyeshadow for going out. This looks great on its own or as part of a whole eye makeup routine. It comes off fairly easily at the end of the day, a little effort is required depending on how much has been applied.

The brush is a curvy 'hourglass' shape. I'm not much of a brush connoisseur, but I do like what this does. It's easy enough to use because if I can do it, anyone can! A fresh tube will sometimes deposit product on the lid, close to the lash line, although I might be clumsy as it only ever happens on my left eye! Perhaps something to bear in mind, though. I like this brush better than some of the 'fat' ones I've used in the past, as it does separate the lashes and helps avoid clumps.

It is pricey. At £23.50 a tube, I'd normally think twice if I hadn't been so impressed with the results. But this can last me up to 3 months. Most drugstore brands would last me about a month before drying out too much to use, but I feel I am getting my money's worth with this. The tube I'm currently using was bought on 20th December 2016, and is still giving good results, but I will change it soon (I'll be trying the waterproof version to use on holiday) if only because it's been nearly 3 months. At this rate I could stretch it to 4 if I really needed to but generally speaking, this should last about 2 - 3 months. I'd easily spend £12 plus a month on other mascaras so to my mind it does all work out.

The packaging is nice and sleek, sophisticated, pretty classic with the signature Lancome branding on the lid. Nothing to write home about, but deceptive as the product inside the tube is a really good one.

I buy this regularly, so would again! Points deducted for the smudging and price, but everything else is spot on. Hypnose is very close to being my HG!