Lancome Hypnose

Lancome Hypnose
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for 5 years and it's my favourite mascara. In between I've tried every other Lancome mascara and they're all great I just prefer the shape of the Hypnose brush.

The best thing about this mascara is it washes off really easily no matter what cleanser you use.

I have naturally long lashes, but not a lot of them so this one is great as it separates lashes. I always put 2 coats (wait for the first one to be semi-dry).

Tip to save $- try and buy it around Christmas time or other gifting periods because Lancome always bring this mascara out in a set. In Australia it's $52 but when they bring the bonus pack out it'll be the same price plus it'll come with a mini eyeliner or make up remover.

I bought this mascara because i believed the "hype". That it would indeed make my short and difficult lashes nice and thick. Well, this didn't even do that, when i would go to apply the mascara there was too much product and i would have to wipe it off on a tissue - becoming a very big mess. On application, the wand made it difficult to apply on the lashes leaving them a very spidery ugly mess. For a natural look it's ok but if you want to build this mascara up for night time look forget it. it washes off with make up remover or wipes that's the only good thing about this mascara. I paid too much for this product and i won't buy again.

To Read all 1366 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice everyday mascara, it doesn't clump, it feels good and gives a good boost to the lashes, looks natural with not too much drama so it's just perfect for day wear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome hypnose is affordable and great. Creates a lot of volume to my lashes, staying power is great. I can wear this all day long

on 4/27/2016 9:15:00 AM

Best mascara ever.

on 4/22/2016 11:52:00 AM

I don't know what it is with this mascara but I always come back to Lancome Hypnose (custom wear). It gives great volume, lifts my lashes, does not clump at all and is very easy to apply. I think I have tried all mascaras available on the universe but this one is my favourite. If I want a more dramatic look, I use other mascaras such as YSL volume effect foux cils, Diorshow or Lancome Hypnose Drama, which I find too dramatic looking to wear during the day.
Oh, and LH custom wear is also quite easy to remove compared to other mascaras. So this s my HG!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG in mascara. It's just the best there is for a fair price. I've tried dozens of different brands but after I found this one I've never looked any further. It just does exactly the thing you want for your lashes. Make them stand out without looking unnatural.
I would recommend it to everybody

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Oh Hypnose, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
This is actually an updated, new review as my mascara requirements have changed over the years from when I first tried Hypnose.

First off, the wand is just the right size with the traditional brush as opposed to the rubber bristles ones that's all the rage. The traditional brushes work best with my lashes.
The pigment is a deep, rich black and the formula coats my lashes evenly without clumping.
It's impossible for one mascara to lengthen and thicken but Hypnose comes pretty darn close. It's more of a lengthening mascara and I can layer for volume. (Lancome's Cils Booster also helps in the volume department with my very thin lashes)

Three coats of this mascara gives me long, fluttery lashes that don't look spidery. I think this mascara tops my beloved Bobbi Brown smokey eye lash mascara in that it gives me that extra length in comparison.

The staying power is excellent - no flaking, no smearing or smudging and easy removal. If I want to refresh my mascara, I can apply another coat without any issue.
My eyes are very sensitive (ocular rosacea) and Hypnose doesn't irritate it in the least and it holds up when my eyes water during allergy season.

We all have our opinions about how much to spend on mascara and I'm willing to spend the money on this mascara. An inexpensive mascara is a waste of money if it doesn't perform like you need.

Bravo Lancome!

on 3/3/2016 5:11:00 PM

I have been on a mascara hunt. How difficult can it be to find one that gives volume, length, and doesn't clump or smudge? It's extremely difficult! I was going to buy Defencils as I've used that in the distant past but couldn't remember that much about it. Something made me reach for this instead. This is as close to perfect as I've gotten. I have a real problem with racoon eyes but this doesn't travel.

Overall this is an excellent mascara. I hate paying this much for one but I'd love to have my money back on all the ones I've tried and tossed. If it works I'll pay.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's an alright mascara. It's pricey, so I wouldn't say it's worth it's price, because on my lashes... It looks a bit fake and it's quite clumpy. The wand isn't the best either, which makes it a bit hard to apply.